iPhone 5

All the talk regarding mobile phones, mobile internet access etc etc.
wabbit

Re: iPhone 5

Post by wabbit »

Time for a new Hitler video :aussie:

And yep I walked back inside, pointed at a big light, moved the phone to the left (so the light was just out of frame) an yup I can see the purple colouring on screen.
w00dsy
The Senna of Hoppers Crossing

Post by w00dsy »

Some of the comments defending Apple in that article are gold.
richo

Post by richo »

Who takes photo's in the day anyways...
[]D [] []v[] []D
DexterPunk
Busted ARSE

Post by DexterPunk »

Woah that's not good. Definitely skip this one methinks.

Sent from Han Solo using TK-421's phone.
wabbit

Post by wabbit »

Just dont go around thinking its "every photo in daylight", rather its that magical degree when the light source reflects across the lens thingy (sorry I'm not a photo buff, terms might be wrong).

From the comment I posted above, you can see the purple colouring on screen (before you take the shot).

*edit*

I just did a few panoramas in the office, there's more than 20 bright long lights (same light mentioned before) in shot over the course of the picture. Not a single flair is showing on the photo. There's a double length light above my desk which I hoping would cause the problem.
NeilPearson
Prize Winning ARSE

Post by NeilPearson »

You were holding it correctly wabbit.
wabbit

Post by wabbit »

Might be bro, a quickly wet my thumb an had it inserted before taking the photos.
Doso

Post by Doso »

wabbit wrote:Just dont go around thinking its "every photo in daylight", rather its that magical degree when the light source reflects across the lens thingy (sorry I'm not a photo buff, terms might be wrong).

From the comment I posted above, you can see the purple colouring on screen (before you take the shot).

*edit*

I just did a few panoramas in the office, there's more than 20 bright long lights (same light mentioned before) in shot over the course of the picture. Not a single flair is showing on the photo. There's a double length light above my desk which I hoping would cause the problem.
From Amfiibus on OCAU who does know what he is on about

http://forums.overclockers.com.au/showp ... count=1554" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
It is absolutely a lens problem. Sapphire has a different diffractive index to glass. Remember, all lenses are simply prisms which have been ground to complex shapes so that all wavelengths of light are not diffracted but focused equally. Purple has a longer wavelength / lower frequency than other colours in the spectrum and is a common occurrence when the lens has not been ground properly - see wikipedia. Given the density of sapphire and the proximity of the sensor, one would expect that the lens has to be ground to a rounder shape than a traditional lens shape. The mathematics and manufacturing precision required is not easy.

I don't think it is reasonable to blame Apple for this, after all they are a computer company and not a lens manufacturer. They do not understand optics. Perhaps they should have asked someone to design the lens for them.

aokman, if you look at the gizmodo pictures you will see that the problem occurs at extremes of incidence - meaning the light is hitting the lens at an extremely shallow angle. The sun in your pictures is more direct. If you were to turn the camera away, you might see the problem. The other alternative is that you happen to have a well manufactured lens on your phone.
DexterPunk
Busted ARSE

Post by DexterPunk »

It's similar to chromatic aberration, I wonder if phones that are demonstrating this issue are also suffering from it. I might test the one out at work.

wabbit

Post by wabbit »

Cheers Doso :)

I'm a little truth seeker personally. So I'm glad I can understand the why part.

*edit*

Dex, what do you make of this review? I haven't heard of the site before and the info is way outta my tech area :)

http://m.dpreview.com/articles/68674544 ... e-5-camera
DarrenM

Post by DarrenM »

[youtube] [/youtube]
NeilPearson
Prize Winning ARSE

Post by NeilPearson »

lol at the hunger games one!
w00dsy
The Senna of Hoppers Crossing

Post by w00dsy »

i thought the S3 was going to survive for a while there.

[youtube] [/youtube]
norbs
fucking right wing vegan lesbian

Post by norbs »

w00dsy wrote:i thought the S3 was going to survive for a while there.

[youtube] [/youtube]

According to Apple press release, the iPhone would have survived, but they blended it wrong! :D
Sarc ; my second favourite type of gasm.
DexterPunk
Busted ARSE

Post by DexterPunk »

wabbit wrote:Cheers Doso :)

I'm a little truth seeker personally. So I'm glad I can understand the why part.

*edit*

Dex, what do you make of this review? I haven't heard of the site before and the info is way outta my tech area :)

http://m.dpreview.com/articles/68674544 ... e-5-camera

dpreview know their shit. Had a good read through and seems a decent article. As they said, it could be caused by a variety of things, and difficult to say exactly what it is without more details on what they are using as anti reflecting coating on the new sapphire crystal over the front of the lens. What's funny is dpreview saying that you should be avoiding bright light sources so close to the frame in any camera anyway (which is true)... So basically... You're doing it wrong. :D

wobblysauce
Seen it, Done it, Invented it!

Post by wobblysauce »

[youtube] [/youtube]

Also if you have not turned off the Ad Tracking in iOS6 .

General, About, Scroll all to the bottom, Advertising....

So beware of the Leopard..
Some play it safe on the merry-go-round, others go for the thrills of the roller-coaster.

ᕙ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕗ vs ლ(ಠ益ಠ)ლ

I have a joke for you. I have a prediction that you are going to walk into a bar, my prediction was wrong and your wallet is gone.
Big Kev
Clean as a Whistle
Clean as a Whistle

Post by Big Kev »

Big Kev wrote:I really like the nano. I've got an 8gig little square one that I got for free in the 1st gen recall. I'd prefer a 16gig. BUT the colours are very girly. Apart from black they look like a poor washed out colour choice.

I won't be getting the phone and the Touch has never fitted what I need from a player.
Friend of mine got his black iPod Nano today.
Veeeeeery nice. Super light. It weighs almost nothing. It's basically the old long form but without the touch wheel. Same screen, same menus etc.
But they've been real tight arses on the headphones. Yes they're the new earpod version BUT they don't have the on-wire controller. Buy them separately for £30 and they do. Just seems very penny pinchy to me. A bargain at £129 but I might wait until they hit the refurb store and pick one up for £99ish and spend the extra £30 on the proper headphones.
ARSE Biscuits! Driftu Kingu!
My Flickr Stream
wabbit

Post by wabbit »

Turn-by-turn is enabled for Aussies (with 15 days to go before the deadline)
wobblysauce
Seen it, Done it, Invented it!

Post by wobblysauce »

A mate of mine is having trouble with international TxT'n and after 3 weeks of problems, now it does not TxT at all.

Any one having a issue with it
Some play it safe on the merry-go-round, others go for the thrills of the roller-coaster.

ᕙ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕗ vs ლ(ಠ益ಠ)ლ

I have a joke for you. I have a prediction that you are going to walk into a bar, my prediction was wrong and your wallet is gone.