iPhone 5

All the talk regarding mobile phones, mobile internet access etc etc.
Big Kev
Clean as a Whistle
Clean as a Whistle

Re: iPhone 5

Post by Big Kev »

Enforcer-J wrote:
Big Kev wrote:I don't get that one. :melt:
Magnum.
The 80s PI with a moustache, the ice cream or the gun?
ARSE Biscuits! Driftu Kingu!
My Flickr Stream
bengatta
Ladies Motorkhana Champion

Post by bengatta »

w00dsy wrote:Image
in time my friend, you too will become amish.... :D
They say, any day you wake up not dead is the start of a better day than it could be...

You don't need a parachute to skydive, you only need a parachute to skydive twice...

You're never too old to learn something stupid....
Enforcer-J

iPhone 5

Post by Enforcer-J »

Or the new pose Derek Zoolander had been developing for 8 years that appears to look exactly the same as his other 2 signature poses 'blue steel' and 'le tigre' ?
w00dsy
The Senna of Hoppers Crossing

Post by w00dsy »

[youtube] [/youtube]
KNAPPO
Master artist
Master artist

Post by KNAPPO »

Hahahaha brilliant.
Life is hard...but, life is harder when you're dumb.
Big Kev
Clean as a Whistle
Clean as a Whistle

Post by Big Kev »

Wonder if they'll do the same video when the galaxy S4 comes out.....
ARSE Biscuits! Driftu Kingu!
My Flickr Stream
w00dsy

Post by w00dsy »

They did a similar thing with Windows, told people it was the new Windows Mojave but it was just Vista, same result, people said it was much better. Just goes to show most people don't pay too much attention to tech. They just want it to work.
w00dsy

Post by w00dsy »

Found it

[youtube] [/youtube]
NeilPearson
Prize Winning ARSE

Post by NeilPearson »

heh the mojave experiment rocks. love it.
DarrenM

Post by DarrenM »

Bauer

Post by Bauer »

lol. That's awesome :-)

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2
--------------
Stu
KNAPPO
Master artist
Master artist

Post by KNAPPO »

The latest Samsung advert from the US.
Samsung have launched a new ad that doesn’t hold back against Apple’s brand new iPhone 5. The ad, shown below, aims to inform people that the Galaxy S III is already the best of the best, so don’t even bother with this new bit of technology. The specs listed for the Galaxy S III are for the 4G version of the device, so those of you with the 3G version won’t have 2GB of RAM.
Life is hard...but, life is harder when you're dumb.
wobblysauce
Seen it, Done it, Invented it!

Post by wobblysauce »

Big Kev wrote:I don't get that one. :melt: ..
Magnum Ferrari
Le tiger Blue Steel

Being it is all the same.
Some play it safe on the merry-go-round, others go for the thrills of the roller-coaster.

ᕙ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕗ vs ლ(ಠ益ಠ)ლ

I have a joke for you. I have a prediction that you are going to walk into a bar, my prediction was wrong and your wallet is gone.
w00dsy

Post by w00dsy »

the way i see it most people have picked their sides by now, so if you're an iPhone user almost out of contract and your phone is either playing up or getting a bit wrecked, you'll most likely just go and update. Likewise if you're an android user in the same situation you'll look at a new android phone, but you'll have a lot more options because there are a shitload of android powered phones now. I see iPhones as phones for people who want something that looks nice and works well with minimal tinkering. I think this is why females tend to like them a lot. Android phones on the other hand are highly customizable so people who like to get their hands dirty(techy dudes) really dig them. They are the sort of people who used to jailbreak their iPhones so they could add features that Apple didn't provide out of the box. They are the ones who rejoice in the opensource choices that android has given people and not have to deal with the worst software on the planet, Cydia.
DexterPunk
Busted ARSE

iPhone 5

Post by DexterPunk »

Well sorta. I'm a techy guy. I've jail broken an iPhone before and had good fun messing around with that. Basically I did it because I could. I found I didn't use the features I had added and ended up going back to iOS vanilla. For a phone I find it suits my needs perfectly fine. I've had so many phones I hated, that I'm happy to stick with what works for me.

I find I'm less biased to any brand that what I used to be. I was very anti apple for most of my life. Now I use OSX and Windows happily. I understand exactly where the apple haters are coming from because I was one of them for a long time. Probably the biggest mistake I made was comparing specs on paper. At least in regards to computers, it doesn't always translate in regards to real life usability and performance. when you compare specs vs dollar it doesn't look like there's any value in it at all. But there is.

In regards to phones, not everyone really cares if their phone has a quad core processor, or 4G, or wants a huge screen, or wants to bother customising it. As mentioned in this thread, there's not a hell of a lot manufacturers can offer smart phone users any more to differentiate them much. The biggest advantages for me is content. I love the app store, and the quick and easy to use OS. One thing that really strikes me lately is that Android fans are relentless in mocking apple and anyone who prefers it. Why? I don't care what others use. They have the phone they want, so why the need to bang on about it?

Sent from Han Solo using TK-421's phone.
Enforcer-J

iPhone 5

Post by Enforcer-J »

What he said.
w00dsy

Post by w00dsy »

DexterPunk wrote:One thing that really strikes me lately is that Android fans are relentless in mocking apple and anyone who prefers it. Why? I don't care what others use. They have the phone they want, so why the need to bang on about it

I think because apple fanbois have been so vocal in the past and now they don't really have anything to brag about. Its like watching Collingwood lose.
DexterPunk
Busted ARSE

iPhone 5

Post by DexterPunk »

I don't really remember that being the case. There's a lot of people who love apple that's for sure, but they just tend it go about their apple loving ways. Apples never been superior in regards to specs. I don't think much has changed.

norbs
fucking right wing vegan lesbian

Post by norbs »

w00dsy wrote:
DexterPunk wrote:One thing that really strikes me lately is that Android fans are relentless in mocking apple and anyone who prefers it. Why? I don't care what others use. They have the phone they want, so why the need to bang on about it

I think because apple fanbois have been so vocal in the past and now they don't really have anything to brag about. Its like watching Collingwood lose.

That is about it. For so long the Disciples of Steve hung shit on anyone not using their products. They continue to do so, but are having a lot harder time justifying it these days.

I was told today that the iPhone 5 will shit on my S2. I agreed, given it has about 18 months leg up on it. But I did ask how the iPhone 5 stacked up against the S3, and was told "who cares, it is a copy of the iPhone 5". It is that sort of retarded logic that makes the iClones look bad. This imbecile then told me that because I hated Steve Jobs I would never use a superior product in my life. I asked him, "What sort of Mac are you sending these messages on?" there was a long pause on MSN before the answer came back that he was on a Win 7 box. Jesus. How can you win in an argument like that. It is like talking to a religious zealot. There is no way you'll win.

I am lucky in that I have an iMac that I can run Windows on. I do use Win 7 at times to use HDTV. The bride, oops, sorry Dex, my bride, has a Win7 laptop that I spend a lot of time trying to sort issues out on. She also has an iPhone 4S and iPad 3 (New). I have an Android phone and tablet. Unlike a lot of people, I spend a lot of time using all these devices. They all have strengths and weaknesses. It is the people who can't see that that are truly the sad ones. Really, it is no different to the Ford/Holden, Coke/Pepsi etc etc debates. I you don't have an open mind about things, you'll never experience new and better devices.

I fully expect to have a Windows box as my next computer. I like OS X better, but Apple have a hell of a time trying to make reliable hardware in my experience. Besides, a change will be good. :nod:
Sarc ; my second favourite type of gasm.
norbs
fucking right wing vegan lesbian

Post by norbs »

DexterPunk wrote:I don't really remember that being the case. There's a lot of people who love apple that's for sure, but they just tend it go about their apple loving ways. Apples never been superior in regards to specs. I don't think much has changed.

Talk to some of the Apple freaks, they'll tell you just how superior their gear is. Even if it is a fucking Apple Lisa!
Sarc ; my second favourite type of gasm.
DexterPunk
Busted ARSE

iPhone 5

Post by DexterPunk »

norbs wrote:They all have strengths and weaknesses. It is the people who can't see that that are truly the sad ones. Really, it is no different to the Ford/Holden, Coke/Pepsi etc etc debates. I you don't have an open mind about things, you'll never experience new and better devices.
Could not agree with that more. I actually really dislike apple fanbois and tend to find myself playing devils advocate a lot. The same way I end up doing it here sometimes on these forums. I will actually cost myself money in my job if I can't keep an open mind. One of the guys I work with hates apple with such a passion that he is always trying to convert customers. This is always a pointless exercise and all the do is end up politely walking. When selling anything, I quickly find out what they want to use the device for, and if they have a preference. If they an android fanboi, I become one too for that sale.

One of the weirder guys at work owns 64 iPods. No exaggeration. He was the biggest apple fanboi I've ever known. He would literally ask if he could unbox any new apple computers because he loved to smell them. He now hates apple with the same passion. He joined in on an apple hate fest with the Microsoft rep the other day until I walked over and said "you can't talk Mr 64 iPods."

Not sure what that has to do with anything but it was funny.

r8response
Cry baby
Cry baby

Post by r8response »

One of the major reasons i wouldn't change camp (apart from a general dislike of apple) is that i've already invested a bit in Apps.

Changing over, would mean i'd probably have to dish out more money after the initial purchase of the phone.
durbster
The Whack Wasp Warrior

Post by durbster »

w00dsy wrote:I think because apple fanbois have been so vocal in the past and now they don't really have anything to brag about. Its like watching Collingwood lose.
Yeah the worst Apple fanboys talk about the products as if they belong to an exclusive club that you just haven't discovered yet. And the very worst of them are still absolutely convinced that a lot of the features of their iPhone are unique to Apple. A guy on Facebook the other day was bragging about how all his devices are connected up - his Apple TV, iPad and iPhone etc. But my phone, NAS, TV, wifi radio, tablet and PCs are all hooked up too over DLNA. I can use my phone to play music from my NAS through my kitchen radio, for example.

I'll accept it was probably easier for him to set it all up but I'll gladly sacrifice a few minutes of effort for being able to choose what devices I have. :)

I'm convinced the iPhone 5 seems to have been aimed at current iPhone owners. They're not trying to convert people from other brands any more, they're just trying to hang on to their existing customers by making sure they don't feel they're missing out by staying. In that respect, the iPhone 5 is probably good enough to do that.
Enforcer-J

iPhone 5

Post by Enforcer-J »

I think anyone thats a fanboi or a hater of either camp needs to get a fucken life. 64 ipods? Seriously? What a fuckwit.
DexterPunk
Busted ARSE

iPhone 5

Post by DexterPunk »

Several iPads, a couple of MacBooks, 3 iPhones as well. He would collect every colour iPod.