Google Play Music

All the talk regarding mobile phones, mobile internet access etc etc.
KNAPPO
Master artist
Master artist

Google Play Music

Post by KNAPPO »

Google Play Music now available in Australia.

Google now has music for sale on the Play store for Aussie users but what got me really interested was that they are allowing users to upload up to 20,000 songs from your own archives to their cloud based service. I put some music up there last night to test it out and during the upload process your files are scanned and matched to their data base. If a match is found Google streams you back their higher birate file. Being cloud based it was quite cool to see all my tunes via a browser, on my phone and on my tablet without the files having to physically sit on my device.

Anyone else using the service for storage of their own music?
I just deleted the stuff I had up there for now as im not 100% sure if they were albums I ripped years ago or stuff ive acquired from mates as I use to play in a band in high school so we would trade music a lot. I haven't been able to find any real useful info on illegally stored music on their service yet and until I do im a bit apprehensive about jumping on it just yet, altho it is pretty dam slick I must say.
Life is hard...but, life is harder when you're dumb.
petey

Re: Google Play Music

Post by petey »

Kinda hard to prove whether you ripped the songs off a CD of your own as compared to downloading them. Unless they matched the file to a file found on sharing sites.

Nevertheless, is a cool idea. :yes:
If you can leave two black stripes from the exit of one corner to the braking zone of the next, you finally have enough horsepower.