4g/LTE mobile speeds.

All the talk regarding mobile phones, mobile internet access etc etc.
w00dsy
The Senna of Hoppers Crossing

4g/LTE mobile speeds.

Post by w00dsy »

didn't see a thread for this, apologies if there's already one. But i figured with Optus and Vodafone rolling out their networks to compete with Telstra it'd be interesting to see who is able to get it now and what speeds you get. I got a HTC One a few weeks back so finally i'm able to access Telstras faster speeds. My family are on Vodafone and it's just starting to show up in certain spots near us. Also it'd be interesting to see what some of the guys from outside Oz can get.

Here's mine from today.

KNAPPO
Master artist
Master artist

Re: 4g/LTE mobile speeds.

Post by KNAPPO »

Got this 25kms out of the city in a suburb near my home. I was surprised to see the 4G pop up on the task bar so had to run a test.

This was on OptARSE.
Life is hard...but, life is harder when you're dumb.
Shonky

Post by Shonky »

4G is a f'ing joke I reckon, Telstra bang on about it being the best thing since sliced bread, but so far cover diddly squat area with it, as it stands at the moment I'm thinking of switching away from Telstra because they have become the Vodaphone of the past (in my area at least) with absolutely shitful network congestion.

Damn, that came out a bit more ranty than I expected, back to happy posts about awesome speeds please.
Crowella

Post by Crowella »

I don't have 4G here. :(

I remember testing it last time in Sydney at the meet and it was pretty consistent between Telstra and Optus networks. Forget the speeds though.
Exar Kun
Sensible Mick

Post by Exar Kun »

34mbit down and same up is the best I've seen.
"If we can hit that bull's-eye, the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate!"