Smart watches

All the talk regarding mobile phones, mobile internet access etc etc.
dvestate
Prize Winning ARSE

Re: Smart watches

Post by dvestate »

Give us a review in a week or so if you can. Been waiting for this to come out to see what it was like before making a decision on a Smart watch
pixelboy

Post by pixelboy »

I'll be very impressed if you get more than 48hrs battery out of it..
eek
KNAPPO
Master artist
Master artist

Post by KNAPPO »

pixelboy wrote:I'll be very impressed if you get more than 48hrs battery out of it..
Ill be shocked Pix.
Life is hard...but, life is harder when you're dumb.
GT VIRUS
Karen

Post by GT VIRUS »

I get 48 hours out of a gear, so it'll be a real disappointment if these ones can't
Hazelb
Master artist
Master artist

Post by Hazelb »

KNAPPO wrote:Picked up my Silver Moto 360 this afternoon. :D

Hey Knappo..where did you purchase yours? Local or imported?
Shaun

Post by Shaun »

GT VIRUS wrote:I get 48 hours out of a gear, so it'll be a real disappointment if these ones can't
tbh I don't see the big deal as long as it lasts a day, i charge my phone every night so it isn't hard to charge the watch at night too. in my opinion of course
Hello :aussie:
Bauer

Post by Bauer »

I agree. My pebble lasts a week but as long as it lasts just more than a day at its most extreme use, I'm fine with it.
--------------
Stu
KNAPPO
Master artist
Master artist

Post by KNAPPO »

Hazelb wrote:
KNAPPO wrote:Picked up my Silver Moto 360 this afternoon. :D

Hey Knappo..where did you purchase yours? Local or imported?

Harvey Norman.
I got in 2 days before they opened up pre orders on their website as was lucky to nab a silver in the 1st wave of deliveries.

That was 2-3 weeks ago now. Motorola really screwed up the launch of this one, it was apparently held back because of warranty wording then no one knew when stock would arrive.

Shaun wrote:
GT VIRUS wrote:I get 48 hours out of a gear, so it'll be a real disappointment if these ones can't
tbh I don't see the big deal as long as it lasts a day, i charge my phone every night so it isn't hard to charge the watch at night too.
EDIT:
Day 1 I got 14 hours out of it, that was with a fair bit of stuffing about and playing with the watch as well.
Today I ran a 3rd party face. Navigation for 50 mins, 8 heart rate tests and a fair bit of voice commands and only got 8 hours.

Recharged it and ran the same 3rd party face and noticed massive battery drain. Swapped back to a moto face and its back to the same drain rate as day 1's charge.
Tomorrow ill keep a moto face and I have to go somewhere ive never been so will most likley run a lengthy navigation session so it'll be interesting to see the drain difference.

Recharging daily doesn't bother me the slightest. As its new its taking 1.5 hrs (ive read its under an hours after a while).
Im making sure when i go to bed its got enough charge to chill thru the night on air plane mode otherwise ill power it down. When I wake up I throw it on charge and its ready by the time I need to go out the door. It seems silly to charge it thru the night and have it sit there on 100% for 6-7 hours. Cant imagine that's good for the battery and ive seen reports of screen burn so im trying to avoid using the same charging habit as my phone and tablet.
KNAPPO
Master artist
Master artist

Post by KNAPPO »

My 360 lasted 32 hours yesterday, quite happy with that and I didn't shut it down overnight.

I spent 3 hours modifying this spare black band I had laying about not being used. I was going to go all silver but im really liking the two tone effect.

I read up on the rear cracking issues before attempting this. The guys that fitted the Super Engineer 2 bands are definitely onto it with the size of the first buckle and the location of the 2nd hinge not coming into contact with the plastic backing plate.

The band I had laying about fit the requirements almost perfectly. I spent 3 hours hand filing it down and now it fits perfectly. I choose to notch the band over removing the small plastic tabs on the watch body and allowed for plenty of clearance so I haven't voided warranty. :)

Hazelb
Master artist
Master artist

Post by Hazelb »

KNAPPO wrote:My 360 lasted 32 hours yesterday, quite happy with that and I didn't shut it down overnight.

I spent 3 hours modifying this spare black band I had laying about not being used. I was going to go all silver but im really liking the two tone effect.

I read up on the rear cracking issues before attempting this. The guys that fitted the Super Engineer 2 bands are definitely onto it with the size of the first buckle and the location of the 2nd hinge not coming into contact with the plastic backing plate.

The band I had laying about fit the requirements almost perfectly. I spent 3 hours hand filing it down and now it fits perfectly. I choose to notch the band over removing the small plastic tabs on the watch body and allowed for plenty of clearance so I haven't voided warranty. :)

Nice looks..any further updates?
Shonky

Post by Shonky »

Just a heads up, you can pick up the LG G watch till the 11th of December at the play store for $99 + delivery, a cheap way to check out a smart watch if your interested in this tech.

https://play.google.com/store/devices/d ... atch_black
Vilante
Master artist
Master artist

Post by Vilante »

Thanks Shonky, good xmas pressie :)
pixelboy

Post by pixelboy »

It's not very good Vilante.. Pony up the extra for a R or Moto!
eek