Problems with A1 Gear box

Forum for A1 Racing Gear. http://www.a1racinggear.com.au/
Forum rules
Whilst the A.R.S.E. forum owners and administrators are happy to endorse A1 Racing Gear's products, we accept no responsibility for the quality of any goods sold via these forums and can not be held liable for these recommendations.

All transactions are between A1 Racing Gear and the purchaser.
isamu

Problems with A1 Gear box

Post by isamu »

Hi guys :)

Hello Robbo and Happy Holidays. I have been using your A1 Gearbox for the past few months on an almost consistent basis, and have not had any problems with it...until now. It appears the microswitches or something are malfunctioning, because the gear inputs on the shifter are not steadily engaging. Gear 1, gear 3 and gear 7 in particular, are not making contact consistently. As a result, while playing Dirt 2 for example, I am now missing shifts and it is making the game unplayable. Same with iracing.

The shifter was shipped to me around this time last year. It's looks like I'm gonna have to send it back for repair :( What should I do next Robbo?
isamu

Re: Problems with A1 Gear box

Post by isamu »

AWESOME! Alright guys let's get this bitch up to 100 views with only 1 reply! C'mon we can dew it!
Vilante
Master artist
Master artist

Post by Vilante »

I dewd it once but it just got wet.
Cutter
Legend in his own lunchtime
Legend in his own lunchtime

Post by Cutter »

Dont worry mate, Robbo will be around and help out, in the meantime anyone else had this.
I know using other bits of racing gear that get a bit dirty a gentle spray from an air compressor gun and a squirt of WD40 works wonders in the short term.
Maybe others can help?
Cutter ~ Carl Rickard

isamu

Post by isamu »

I'm actually wondering if I have the hall sensored version or the microswitch version. Shouldn't the hall sensor version have reliable and consistent contact upon engaging the stick into gear, where as a microswitch would eventually get kinda "iffy", as in my case?
c.j
Midget Wanker

Post by c.j »

Contact spray? Bit milder than WD40?
Image[url=steam://friends/add/76561198089849481]Image[/url]

;)
isamu

Post by isamu »

c.j wrote:Contact spray? Bit milder than WD40?
Hmm, interesting suggestion. Did this work you? I don't think I wanna spray chemicals inside of this thing, seeing as how there's an exposed circuit board in there. Not a good idea I'd reckon.