Thanks to Gizmo.

Think you can cook a dish that would win Master Top Iron Chef? Well here is the place to share. All the talk about food and good eating goes here. If you think a McAngus burger is gourmet, best you stay away.
norbs
fucking right wing vegan lesbian

Thanks to Gizmo.

Post by norbs »

Gizmo had the idea for a food forum, so here it is.

Play nice and don't use MSG.
Sarc ; my second favourite type of gasm.
Gizmo
forum fairy - in a gay way!
forum fairy - in a gay way!

Re: Thanks to Gizmo.

Post by Gizmo »

Thanks alot Norbs. I really enjoy cooking and Mrs Gizmo keeps telling me i'm pretty good. I'll post some recipies as i cook them. Healthy and TASTY food for dinner. And if you cook enough, lucnch the following day too :)
Enforcer-J

Post by Enforcer-J »

Great idea! I'll be the first to chip I with a receipe. Something I dish up quite often, great for those on a low budget....

1 can of baked beans
1 fork

enjoy!
SE1Z

Post by SE1Z »

Awesome idea!

I've really taken to cooking over the last 12months or so and I love it!!

Don't really have any of my own recipes, but am keen to see what you boys come up with!
Steve
---
Exar Kun
Sensible Mick

Post by Exar Kun »

Gizmo wrote:And if you cook enough, lucnch the following day too :)
And then dinner, and then lunch, then dinner and then lunch... I cook spag bol once a week and get about 10 meals out of it. :D
"If we can hit that bull's-eye, the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate!"
Hazelb
Master artist
Master artist

Post by Hazelb »

Enforcer-J wrote:Great idea! I'll be the first to chip I with a receipe. Something I dish up quite often, great for those on a low budget....

1 can of baked beans
1 fork

enjoy!
Thats crap...no toast?
petey

Post by petey »

Exar Kun wrote:
Gizmo wrote:And if you cook enough, lucnch the following day too :)
And then dinner, and then lunch, then dinner and then lunch... I cook spag bol once a week and get about 10 meals out of it. :D

Haha I literally lived off spag bowl for about 3 months not too long ago... was cheap and relatively yummy, plus you can chuck in some veg to make it a little more balanced. Infact you can do a few things with it haha... favourites would be chilly and curry powder (not together).
If you can leave two black stripes from the exit of one corner to the braking zone of the next, you finally have enough horsepower.
Big Kev
Clean as a Whistle
Clean as a Whistle

Post by Big Kev »

I'm just glad you didn't call it Arse Food. People might have thought it was some kind of suppository section :)
ARSE Biscuits! Driftu Kingu!
My Flickr Stream
DexterPunk
Busted ARSE

Post by DexterPunk »

Big Kev wrote:I'm just glad you didn't call it Arse Food. People might have thought it was some kind of suppository section :)
:rofl:
Hz-Lab
Magoo
Magoo

Post by Hz-Lab »

Awesome. Like Seiz I've gona a little nutz with cooking of late. But I tend to experiment with recipe's a lot more. I tend to think of something to cook, look up a recipe, glance over it once, think "hmmm, i've got that here, but don't have that, I'll replace it with this" and then add certain other things to taste. Surprisingly it tends to work more often than not.

However, I have had some dishes that didn't turn out so great.
Hz-Lab
Magoo
Magoo

Post by Hz-Lab »

Actually, come to think of it. I think Wobbly won the original series of My Restaurant rules way back in the early naughties. So he should be able to guide us along with the magical world of cunningl...errr.. culinar... errr... COOKING!!!
Sambo
Horse
Horse

Post by Sambo »

Wicked idea Gizmo, it will be great to see what we all come up with!
markus

Post by markus »

Good idea :)

We don't buy bread..
Much cycling such kilometers.
Vilante
Master artist
Master artist

Post by Vilante »

How do you do those markus??

I love cooking. The missus and I do it every chance we get. The latest thing was fresh pasta. We got a good result first time and it tasted amazing. Want to step it up now and do a lasagne with fresh pasta sheets and home made sauce.
norbs
fucking right wing vegan lesbian

Post by norbs »

I baked my 1st Apple pie on the weekend. I cheated and used puff pastry, but really, it was piss easy. A bit like a roast. Growing up you think it takes a top chef to make a roast dinner, then you have a crack and it is fucking easy!

Oh, and I poached eggs too. Again, a piece of piss. :yes:
Sarc ; my second favourite type of gasm.
Hz-Lab
Magoo
Magoo

Post by Hz-Lab »

I poach eggs all the time. Love 'em, the one thing I wanna know, is when you go out for a Breaky somewhere and order poached eggs, they normally come out looking like big testicles. How do they get that shape to them? I normally just crack the eggs into the shallow water in an egg ring. Is there a trick to doing that?
Vilante
Master artist
Master artist

Post by Vilante »

Hz-Lab wrote:I poach eggs all the time. Love 'em, the one thing I wanna know, is when you go out for a Breaky somewhere and order poached eggs, they normally come out looking like big testicles. How do they get that shape to them? I normally just crack the eggs into the shallow water in an egg ring. Is there a trick to doing that?
Some people put some vinegar in the water. That could help with them spreading. I've tasted the vinegar (which isn't enjoyable in my opinion) when I've had them out before though so I don't use it at home.
Hz-Lab
Magoo
Magoo

Post by Hz-Lab »

oh yeah I always use vinegar, not enough to overpower, but I quite like the hint of it in there. Spreading is not a problem. I'm happy with my poached eggs, they come out alright. It's just I have seen them this different shape and I have always wondered how they did it.

Just a hint slightly related. When Soft or Hard Boiling eggs, throw an unstruck match in the pot of boiling water. If any eggs crack, the sulfur somehow reacts with the egg white and contains it withing the shell so that you don't get egg white seeping out and foaming up your pan.
The Chickenman

Post by The Chickenman »

Poached eggs, I don't use vinegar, but a I do use a bit of salt in the water, I also don't use a ring. Enough water to cover the eggs, just below boiling point. The trick to the shape and not spreading is to use really fresh eggs, the older the eggs the more they spread. (eggs should have about 6 weeks useby date straight out of the chooks arse)
Quincy

Post by Quincy »

Yeah, fresher the better for nice round poached eggs. . . Pretty much any egg from Woolies, Coles, Aldi etc will be crap. Straight out of the chooks hole is the go!! Ain't that the truth chickenman!
balls & boobs. . .
The Chickenman

Post by The Chickenman »

The Q man knows his chooks holes :up: