Fettuccine Primavera

Think you can cook a dish that would win Master Top Iron Chef? Well here is the place to share. All the talk about food and good eating goes here. If you think a McAngus burger is gourmet, best you stay away.
Gizmo
forum fairy - in a gay way!
forum fairy - in a gay way!

Fettuccine Primavera

Post by Gizmo »

Fettuccine
1 Cup of Peas
1 Cup of Broad Beans
150g Asparagus
30g Butter
1 1/4 Cups of Cream
1/4 Grated Parmesan

1 Cook Asparagus in boiling water for 2 minutes and place in ice water.

2 Cook Peas in boiling water for 2 minutes and place in room temp water.

3 Cook Broad Beans in boiling water for 5 minutes and place in room temp water. Then peel the skin off them.

4 Add some olive oil to some salted boiling water to stop the pasta from sticking, add the Fettucine. The Italians have a saying that pasta should be cooked in water as salty as the sea. I normally add about 2-3 teaspoons of sea salt.

5 Add the butter to a medium heated pan. Once mealted add the Peas and Cream. Cook for 3 mintues stiring a couple of times. Add the Asparagus, Broad Beans, Parmesan and season to taste. Bring to the boil and reduce heat slightly so the cream does not burn but it's still boiling. Affter about 5 minutes it will start to get thicker. Add the cooked pasta to the pan. Serve with some Parmesan and Cracked Pepper.

6 Eat

7 If you want to get in the good books add some candle's at the table. A nice Cab Merlot. I've found this once which is nice. http://www.winestar.com.au/prod538.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; And wash up :lol:

Enjoy!
norbs
fucking right wing vegan lesbian

Re: Fettuccine Primavera

Post by norbs »

Nice one Gizmo. I might have a crack at that.

And I do 99% of the cooking at home, so no need for candles. :p
Sarc ; my second favourite type of gasm.