Not buying it
26%

Total votes: 53

VIPEROSI

Re: Codemasters F1 2010

Post by VIPEROSI »

Patch info
Bug fixes:

1. Corrupt Save Games – We have identified an over-zealous anti-cheating check that manifested as falsely identified corrupt saves, specifically the ones relating to practice and R&D upgrades, the save-games should now load without issue. However if any of you are experiencing corrupt saves outside of this then please continue to send your PS3 save game files to us (Xbox360 & PC saves aren’t of any use to us) and we can test these against the latest patch to see whether all instances of this issue have now been fixed

2. AI not pitting in dry races where a mandatory pit stop was required (20% or more) – This has been fixed.

3. Player held in pit-stop too long – We’ve improved exit logic so that it isn’t too cautious in holding players during a pit-stop.

4. Puncture frequency reduced – The likelihood of players suffering punctures has been reduced.

5. Pit-stop lock-ups – Fixed several instances which caused the pit crew to lock-up and not be able to service the cars.

6. Automatically updating race strategy – Selecting prime tyres from the tyre menu (over default option) now updates the strategy so that the pit-crew assign options during the pit stop as opposed to re-attaching another set of primes (in a dry race of 20% or more).

7. First lap calculates correctly – The lap time for the first lap of the race now calculates correctly, from the lights going out as opposed to the cars crossing the start line.

Improvements:

1. OSD changes – showing split times rather than gap to leader – We’ve changed how the OSD timing information functions so that split times are now displayed on the OSD, showing race time and race time differences to the other cars – I.e. how far ahead/behind are at a sector boundary.

2. AI affected more by damage received – Damage sustained by an AI’s car will have a greater effect their handling characteristics, effectively slowing damaged AI down more. AI cars that cannot maintain a racing speed will naturally yield to faster cars & come into the pits for repairs. As before, If they receive too much damage, they will retire from the race.

3. AI yielding to other cars when not on flying lap in qualifying – Improved AI behaviour to move off the racing line or out of the player’s way when the player is on a flying lap.

4. Increased wheel support – Increased wheel support and force feedback tweaks (where applicable) for the following wheels; Thrustmaster Ferrari F430 Force Feedback (officially supported), Thrustmaster Ferrari GT Experience (officially supported), Thrustmaster RGT Force Feedback Pro Clutch (not officially supported but will work), Fanatec Porsche 911 Turbo S & GT3 RS2 (both officially supported).

5. Wet weather improvements – Rebalanced graphical and handling effect of cars driving on a wet track – the level of wetness has been increased as well as tyre trails being made more prominent.

6. Improved Damage Modelling – Tweaks to the damage system so that more damage is visible / received during lesser impacts.

7. Next lap invalidated time trial logic – In time trial the next lap is no longer invalidated for any offence committed in the 3rd sector. It is calculated per track and is predominantly based on the final corner.

8. AI: Driver Behaviours – Addressed some issues in driver behaviour balancing that were causing occasionally unrealistic finishing positions.

PC-specific improvements:

1. PC ‘replay saving’ and playback – You will be able to save out the files to replay them later or share them with others.

2. DX11 – The F1 2010 patch will enable the game to run on DX11. All of the graphical improvements are configurable from graphical options when in DX11. Specifically, “ultra” settings for ’shadows’ and ‘postprocess’. (These options require a lot of processing power, and are only recommended for high-end graphics cards.

3. Eyefinity Support – F1 2010 now supports 3 x 1 or 3 x 2 monitor display setups (minimum requirement of 3 x monitors)

4. Optimisations – We have made better use of multi-core processors in general, which will lead to better framerates on higher end machines.

5. Additional Support – Support for SandyBridge processors, which also adds support for currently available ‘modern’ processors, like Core i7, which wasn’t correctly detected previously.

The patch is currently still in the works as the patch will likely include more changes than listed below, tt will take another few weeks until the download is available.

Im going to wait this one out and maybe purchase it when its in the bargain bin
Exar Kun
Sensible Mick

Post by Exar Kun »

Looks like a good list of fixes/improvements. I can't wait to see the game in Dx11 as it looks awesome already. Also interested to see what their "eyefinity" support actually is. It already runs fine on my setup so I'm not sure what they are doing here.
"If we can hit that bull's-eye, the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate!"
Big Kev
Clean as a Whistle
Clean as a Whistle

Post by Big Kev »

Well at least they've listened. Plenty of companies wouldn't have.
ARSE Biscuits! Driftu Kingu!
My Flickr Stream
Dr. Pain

Post by Dr. Pain »

They do all that right and it will be sweet as.
Minister for Religious Genocide.
nutty
Spam King
Spam King

Post by nutty »

All the changes look good.. cant wait
Wonko

Post by Wonko »

Bloody Mick! I've been trying to avoid this game (because I would have to buy a new PC or a PS3) and you go and post a video like that! :D

Could I ask what specs your PC has?

:)
Exar Kun
Sensible Mick

Post by Exar Kun »

Wonko wrote: Could I ask what specs your PC has?

:)
Ummm... high end ones. :tilt: I splurged a bit on my new computer 6 months ago. But you could get something that performs pretty well for a lot less. Here's the thread where I brag about my machine.
"If we can hit that bull's-eye, the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate!"
Virtual-R
Ninja Roy

Post by Virtual-R »

Just built a new machine for 1k, runs lfs at maximum without a problem. F1 2010 is on it's way so will be keen to see how well it runs, mine is nothing near Micks machine though, that thing could get you to the moon and back on autopilot lol
WizardHat

Post by WizardHat »

That improvements list sounds really good, can't wait for the patch.
The only thing we really need is a good tune, good view & a good brew.
Woodee
Clean as a Whistle
Clean as a Whistle

Post by Woodee »

hoe they fixed the AI weaving all over the track, coming out the pits and blending into a turn straight away.
My Fundraising Journey

Raised over £1000 for the Scoliosis Campaign Fund from 2011-2013.
Wonko

Post by Wonko »

Exar Kun wrote: Ummm... high end ones. :tilt:
Very Nice! ......and I was tossing up whether to spend $1k on a new system! :p
Virtual-R
Ninja Roy

Post by Virtual-R »

F1 2010 arrived today, all I can say at the moment is I'm very impressed. The role play style is great and the racing itself is acceptable. Nowhere near LFS standards of simulation but still enough to feel like your actually driving something.

One thing I've noticed that I don't really like is when the car comes out sideways if you tap the brake it comes directly back in where as if you lift it spins, bit arcade style in that respect it should be the other way around.

Also HRT on expert isn't far off the midfield pace at the start of the season, so might have to do some tweaking of the database via one of the current mods to slow them down to real life pace.

Comparing it to other Codemasters games though, it's definitely at the top of their racing game releases, I actually expected it to be a lot worse than it is which is a nice surprise.

Graphics are amazing though, really well done. The new machine runs it perfectly too without any issues.

Going to be busy this weekend having a few full length races and learning the tracks :)
VIPEROSI

Post by VIPEROSI »

Virtual-R wrote:F1 2010 arrived today, all I can say at the moment is I'm very impressed. The role play style is great and the racing itself is acceptable. Nowhere near LFS standards of simulation but still enough to feel like your actually driving something.

One thing I've noticed that I don't really like is when the car comes out sideways if you tap the brake it comes directly back in where as if you lift it spins, bit arcade style in that respect it should be the other way around.

Also HRT on expert isn't far off the midfield pace at the start of the season, so might have to do some tweaking of the database via one of the current mods to slow them down to real life pace.

Comparing it to other Codemasters games though, it's definitely at the top of their racing game releases, I actually expected it to be a lot worse than it is which is a nice surprise.

Graphics are amazing though, really well done. The new machine runs it perfectly too without any issues.

Going to be busy this weekend having a few full length races and learning the tracks :)
Yeah the brake tapping thing has been mentioned alot, do people feel that the pivot system is still being used?
Virtual-R
Ninja Roy

Post by Virtual-R »

Well first race was very messy and still managed 7th with a HRT? I think they seriously underestimated their customers driving ability

Pretty sure I'm getting the same issue as mentioned in the patch info, with AI not pitting. When I pit I expected to come out around 14th then find my way miles back up the grid by just lapping as good as everyone else, it didn't happen and I had to overtake them the "old fashioned way"

There is a few other issues with pit stops too, like if I decide after 5 laps to pit early and dump the soft tyres the team still tells me I need to pit around mid way through the race even though the change has been made and the tyres are still perfect.

The timing is an issue too, it's very hard to make sense of how much your catching the car in front with the mixed data changing every second or two, I'm only using a single screen though, would be good to have a small screen entirely for timing like Mick uses.

After race is also a bit annoying not being able to check all the fastest laps, the fact there is no data following the race you can view to get an idea of what happened and the level of pace from other drivers is disappointing.

Get the feeling this game was far too much of a task to build within the required time frame or budget, graphics wise its perfect but the technical side of things was definitely heavily rushed. If they use this as a base for next years game and build from it, the 2011 game should be extremely good.

Once the patch comes out it should make things a lot better and more enjoyable to play, but in all it's still worth the money I paid for it. The problems that exist are definitely expected for a first release.

Don't let the above negativity let you think the entire game is rubbish though, it definitely isn't. There is a lot of good points that make it a lot of fun and the game is for the most part very well planned.

Rare to find dedicated F1 games these days, so even just purchasing it is justifying the demand to the developers and gives a better chance of much more improved releases being made in future

Only one question I do have, is it normal for qualifying to be only 1 single 20 minute session? I can't seem to get to Q2 / Q3 even though I qualified in the top 10 for the first session. Any way to fix this or have I missed where the option to do full qualifying is?
r8response
Cry baby
Cry baby

Post by r8response »

Make sure you have it set too "full race weekend" or something similar
Virtual-R
Ninja Roy

Post by Virtual-R »

Cool that fixed it up, thanks r8
Dr. Pain

Post by Dr. Pain »

Ze patch has past internal testing and seems to have been handed on to the reliant party's so now we wait.
Minister for Religious Genocide.
KNAPPO
Master artist
Master artist

Post by KNAPPO »

Fingers crossed.
Life is hard...but, life is harder when you're dumb.
r8response
Cry baby
Cry baby

Post by r8response »

I've held off playing for the moment. The only way to be competitive on the PS3 without a wheel is with fuel and tyre wear disabled. And that's half the fun trying to juggle pace V wear
Big Kev
Clean as a Whistle
Clean as a Whistle

Post by Big Kev »

The PS3 patch is out.

Looks like some things fixed, some not
http://community.codemasters.com/forum/ ... tched.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
ARSE Biscuits! Driftu Kingu!
My Flickr Stream
KNAPPO
Master artist
Master artist

Post by KNAPPO »

Thanks for the heads up Kev :bigthumb:

Updating my PS3 now, 35mb is what it weighs in at.
Life is hard...but, life is harder when you're dumb.
nutty
Spam King
Spam King

Post by nutty »

Any news on pc?
Shaun

Post by Shaun »

they are waiting on microsoft so then they can release it.
Hello :aussie:
r8response
Cry baby
Cry baby

Post by r8response »

Word hit the net that the PC patch is out. Codemaster forums are dead, so can't really confirm it

Edit: Via GFWL
nutty
Spam King
Spam King

Post by nutty »

I just opened f1 2010 via steam and it patched up.. theres a benchmark mode under graphics options now

about to have first race