Not decided yet
2%
Not buying it
26%

Total votes: 53

Dr. Pain

Re: Codemasters F1 2010

Post by Dr. Pain »

I blown tyres now with tyre sim off. Seems its the damage model causing it so I'm going to drop it back and try with tyre sim back on.
Minister for Religious Genocide.
Big Kev
Clean as a Whistle
Clean as a Whistle

Post by Big Kev »

Codemasters update

Update: The team have been working through a masterlist of issues, and are making good progress. Various issues have been through the preliminary testing process, and once the patch is complete a build will go in for siginificant testing time.
ARSE Biscuits! Driftu Kingu!
My Flickr Stream
dvestate
Prize Winning ARSE

Post by dvestate »

I have no idea how you are getting Full Grip in the wet, I raced Canada last night it was raining and I was on full wets with a wet track setup and was slipping an sliding all over the place...... I was spewing as in the dry I was 3rd through quali but went back towards the rear of the field through the race :(
Gizmo
forum fairy - in a gay way!
forum fairy - in a gay way!

Post by Gizmo »

Big Kev wrote:Codemasters update

Update: The team have been working through a masterlist of issues, and are making good progress. Various issues have been through the preliminary testing process, and once the patch is complete a build will go in for siginificant testing time.
And this is the same testing team that tested the oringial.....I honestly think that they should all be fired. There were some pretty big bugs in there that were not platform or hardware specific. How in gods name can you not pick up the ai cars don't pit?
NeilPearson
Prize Winning ARSE

Post by NeilPearson »

you sure giz? i heard EA bought in 100 testers from somewhere for this new patch
durbster
The Whack Wasp Warrior

Post by durbster »

Gizmo wrote:And this is the same testing team that tested the oringial.....I honestly think that they should all be fired.
You can't say for sure the testers didn't pick the bugs up. I've worked on many projects where we've highlighted massive problems but it's other people who make the decisions on what goes out.

Then a few weeks later they whinge at us when what we said would happen, happens. :rolleyes:
Arrow

Post by Arrow »

Hey Guys,

Just wondering what the online multiplayer mode is like for PC is there enough players and Aussie servers also do international servers work or too laggy?
Montey

Post by Montey »

Arrow wrote:Hey Guys,

Just wondering what the online multiplayer mode is like for PC is there enough players and Aussie servers also do international servers work or too laggy?
Running Windows XP 64-bit, I wouldn't know. Thanks Microshit!!!
- When trouble arises and things look bad, there is always one individual who perceives a solution and is willing to take command. Very often, that individual is crazy.
- If youre paddling upstream in a canoe and a wheel falls off, how many pancakes fit in a doghouse? None! Icecream doesn't have bones!!!
Dr. Pain

Post by Dr. Pain »

Online is shit atm. It's hit and miss to get onto servers and when you do no one is serious, if anyone is there. Muppet and myself have been trying to run a session so we can race each other yet we can't see the server one of us makes and if you send an invite via games for windows crap, you can never connect. It's always connection failed.
Minister for Religious Genocide.
Big Kev
Clean as a Whistle
Clean as a Whistle

Post by Big Kev »

I did a couple of races at the weekend and had the usual mix of idiots.

One guy had spun at the last corner at Canada and as I went through the chicane he deliberately drove across the track to stop me getting by and took me out.
My Flickr Stream
Mr.Ferret

Post by Mr.Ferret »

ive done 4 races, got pole and dominated from start to finish...and my online rank is still 1?
iRacing Name - Joshua Brown2
richo

Post by richo »

I should have waited and got a review from ARSE first , its a bit meh to be honest .
[]D [] []v[] []D
thornz

Post by thornz »

richo wrote:I should have waited and got a review from ARSE first , its a bit meh to be honest .
Yeah, I'm hoping something good come out of the patch.
I have pretty much only run two races in teh career mode before getting bored. Qualified my HRT on pole and won both races, not really much point continuing if there no challenge and no point battling to try get into a better team.

I think I have only driven on perhaps 4 of the tracks so far, actually, I dont think I have even turned a lap at Spa......
WizardHat

Post by WizardHat »

I wish the lap records were dynamic.

I just beat Juan Pablo Montoya's record @ Istanbul by 3 tenths & get nothing to show for it - kind of annoying.
The only thing we really need is a good tune, good view & a good brew.
richo

Post by richo »

Its too easy and there is no career advancement , the new teams should be as they are in RL still finishing the last GP . I would rather drive the wheels off a shitbox and come 12th personally ..
[]D [] []v[] []D
dvestate
Prize Winning ARSE

Post by dvestate »

Online play on the PS3 is a bit of a pain at times, too many wreckers....... I one race I was minding my own business off the start and some monkey decides he wants my spot right on the right edge of the track and I'm smashed of the track and down the rear of the field

Managed another win in the wet with the Lotus at Valencia last night :yes: Was 10th in quali as in the dry my pace was a bit slower and started on the Primes for a longer run. 2 laps before my stop and the rain begins. When I pitted I took the gamble and went full wets, in 4th running a similar pace to the top 3 when with 3 to go the heavens open more and the wets start to be ALOT better than Inters so the field all pit for Wets and I'm off in the distance with the win :D

Got some mid level teams interested atm but holding out for Williams if I can grab that seat :tilt:
NeilPearson
Prize Winning ARSE

Post by NeilPearson »

Full wets are way faster than inters in any condition, and they last just a bit less than the inters do in light rain weather, so it's well worth it to use them. It's another thing they have Fucked up!
dvestate
Prize Winning ARSE

Post by dvestate »

NeilPearson wrote:Full wets are way faster than inters in any condition, and they last just a bit less than the inters do in light rain weather, so it's well worth it to use them. It's another thing they have Fucked up!
I was pretty surprised to come out of the pit and be doing the same times as the leader on Inters, massive advantage in a race that changes from Dry to Wet. Hopefully they sort that in the patch :melt:
WizardHat

Post by WizardHat »

Been keeping my eye on drivers & positions in qualifying the last 5-6 rounds and am noticing that it always seems the grid just sorts itself out based on teams, this is the first season I've noticed it happening though (4th season in career.)

Works out like:

1. Myself (Ferrari)
2. Alonso.
3. Vettel.
4. Webber.
5. Button.
6. Hamilton.
7. Rosberg.
8. Schumacher.

etc etc..

If it was just the top teams that it happened with I could understand but seriously, every team & every race? :/
The only thing we really need is a good tune, good view & a good brew.
Big Kev
Clean as a Whistle
Clean as a Whistle

Post by Big Kev »

Yeah it would be nice if there was the odd qualify anomaly like someone from the top 8 being in 16th. And also a few breakdowns from the AI would be nice.
My Flickr Stream
KNAPPO
Master artist
Master artist

Post by KNAPPO »

Just played it online (ps3) for the first time with a mate from work. We hooked up in the loby and joined random quick races.
Some were messy others were great fights.

Had a ball for 5 hours :)
Life is hard...but, life is harder when you're dumb.
Exar Kun
Sensible Mick

Post by Exar Kun »

I made a video of a 3 lap race in Korea... in the wet! A bit of a false start but got going eventually - I love running around in the wet in short races like this.

[youtube]hj8dfvKcxI4 [/youtube]
"If we can hit that bull's-eye, the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate!"
w00dsy
The Senna of Hoppers Crossing

Post by w00dsy »

Nice video Mick, loved how you got warned not to take your team mate out when you touched him, but he said fuck all when you did take him out. :D
Sambo
Horse
Horse

Post by Sambo »

Sir Frank isn't going to be happy with that! Well driven Rube.. eh Mick :D
Big Kev
Clean as a Whistle
Clean as a Whistle

Post by Big Kev »

Patch update

Code: Select all

Update: I know we haven't updated this thread in a little while but I just wanted to reassure you all that work on the patch is progressing well, and we're confident that after the weekend following further testing we'll be able to reveal some details on what it is the patch will fix.
My Flickr Stream