F1 2010 - Which tracks are hardest to learn?

Discussion of F1, Dirt etc
Big Kev
Clean as a Whistle
Clean as a Whistle

F1 2010 - Which tracks are hardest to learn?

Post by Big Kev »

I've just finished doing at least one timed lap on every track for the time trial.

Some tracks are really easy as they're either pretty basic or they're very familiar from other games in the past.

But some of the new tracks on the calendar this year are infuriatingly hard to learn, possibly because of the stupid penalty bug of penalising your next lap.

I just sent half an hour trying to get a clean lap at Abu Dhabi. It's made harder by the low 'sun' and also the multiple track layouts. I lost count of the number of times I got the line wrong at the last 2 corners simply because there are lines and kerbs all over the place for other track layouts.
ARSE Biscuits! Driftu Kingu!
My Flickr Stream
Coopz
King of the Wierd
King of the Wierd

Re: F1 2010 - Which tracks are hardest to learn?

Post by Coopz »

I'm finding I can just throw the car into a corner and stomp on the brakes while downshifting through the corner with no real problems, makes the tracks pretty easy if you have a rough idea of their layout.
norbs wrote:
Stop bullying him. You have more birthdays each year than he gets roots!
thornz

Post by thornz »

Singapore for me took a good 30mins to be able to turn a couple of laps withour crashing, taking an escape route. Agree with Abu as well, gave up on that pretty quickly, far to confusing.
Gizmo
forum fairy - in a gay way!
forum fairy - in a gay way!

Post by Gizmo »

+1 for singapore.
Exar Kun
Sensible Mick

Post by Exar Kun »

Yeah, Yas Marina is a shocker - especially the final corners. Some of them are, indeed very easy, mostly due to having run them before. I did some online sprint races today and won the first time I had seen Hungary and a couple of others - nothing new with those. Silverstone took me two laps but after that the new layout was cool - Chapel bugs me though. I did a couple of time trial laps at Singapore and was really lost then I did a few 3 lap races starting from the back as one of the slow teams and just followed the snake of cars - it got pretty easy after that.

Oh, and Korea isn't actually half bad! I see what Karun meant by it having a few Red Bull corners in the middle sector but that big straight between T2 and T3 is going to kill them.
"If we can hit that bull's-eye, the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate!"
WizardHat

Post by WizardHat »

Singapore was a shocker for me to learn, managed my first DNF there :P

Most of the tracks are pretty familiar so didn't have too much trouble apart from Singapore & Abu Dhabi with with the low sun.
The only thing we really need is a good tune, good view & a good brew.
Robbo

Post by Robbo »

Singapore
GT VIRUS
Karen

Post by GT VIRUS »

I got a short run on most of the new tracks before my PS3 shit itself, and I found that hardest new track to learn was the stupid squigly bit of bahrain.
wobblysauce
Seen it, Done it, Invented it!

Post by wobblysauce »

Cataluna - last sector in particular.
Some play it safe on the merry-go-round, others go for the thrills of the roller-coaster.

ᕙ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕗ vs ლ(ಠ益ಠ)ლ

I have a joke for you. I have a prediction that you are going to walk into a bar, my prediction was wrong and your wallet is gone.