F1 2011

Discussion of F1, Dirt etc
wobblysauce
Seen it, Done it, Invented it!

Re: F1 2011

Post by wobblysauce »

You are not alone there with Sliverstone, even when I set the Ai to easy 3rd is the best I have done, yet other tracks at the same Ai lvl I can get up to 10s a lap faster.
Some play it safe on the merry-go-round, others go for the thrills of the roller-coaster.

ᕙ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕗ vs ლ(ಠ益ಠ)ლ

I have a joke for you. I have a prediction that you are going to walk into a bar, my prediction was wrong and your wallet is gone.
Gizmo
forum fairy - in a gay way!

Post by Gizmo »

Well the AI are just far to easy. I'm abit miffed as to why they didn't fix this. I've done 7 rounds so far in the Williams with the AI on Legend;

Australia - Q: 18th R: 8th
Malaysia - Q: 3rd R: 1st
China - Q: 10th R: 3rd
Turkey - Q: 7th R: 1st
Spain - Q: 5th R: 1st
Monaco - Q: 1st R: 1st
Canada - Q: 5th R: 1st

Leading both drives and Constructors Championships. I kinda don't see the point going to a faster team if you can win in a Williams.
VIPEROSI

Post by VIPEROSI »

Gizmo wrote:Well the AI are just far to easy. I'm abit miffed as to why they didn't fix this. I've done 7 rounds so far in the Williams with the AI on Legend;

Australia - Q: 18th R: 8th
Malaysia - Q: 3rd R: 1st
China - Q: 10th R: 3rd
Turkey - Q: 7th R: 1st
Spain - Q: 5th R: 1st
Monaco - Q: 1st R: 1st
Canada - Q: 5th R: 1st

Leading both drives and Constructors Championships. I kinda don't see the point going to a faster team if you can win in a Williams.
Well in the end it is codemasters, they sell to the mass market. I completely agree with you but unfortunately you will never get them to see the light of day.

They have touched one something potentially awesome though with the co op mode, if only the number of people who could race in the same mode was more then 2! Hope another project picks up on this idea.
Enforcer-J

Post by Enforcer-J »

Geoff Crammond touched on that 15 years ago......

I'm still bemused that you blokes have gone out and bought a new game that is pretty much the same as the one released a year before that you stopped playing after a few months.
NeilPearson
Prize Winning ARSE

Post by NeilPearson »

thats why I rented it :D
Gizmo

Post by Gizmo »

Who said anything about buying it?
Dr. Pain

Post by Dr. Pain »

I paid $45 and that's good I feel for a new game. I've never had an issue with buying games as long as they are worth it. I paid $90 for Aion, an mmo, and it was crap. If F1 2012 happen's then I won't buy it as I'll need a machine upgrade bases upon 2010 to 2011 so I'll make the most of this one.
Minister for Religious Genocide.
dvestate
Prize Winning ARSE

Post by dvestate »

Decided to restart my Career with Virgin and set the AI to Legend

Race 1 - Quali in the wet and 5 seconds slower than my team mate, I'm not that bad and seemed to be keeping pace with a HRT during Quali. Race in the Dry and I finished 13th.

Race 2 - Quali'd 12th, Race in the wet had an awesome start and was 3rd for a while till everyone picked me off and down to 14th. Tyre's were stuffed towards the end of the race (20% distance) spun a few times and dropped to 18th..... Then got passed by Button on the final lap who had lost a wing on lap 1 and dropped to 19th

Virgin seems a bit faster than it should be or I'm really good :p
Chris Bloom

Post by Chris Bloom »

The other day I had a 20% AI race at Monaco as part of my Championship. I qualified the Williams in 3rd and after a spin on the 1st lap found myself in the bottom half of the top 10. I was due to pit on lap 10/16 but as my tyres were already shot from qualy I stopped on lap 5 for new boots. I came out in about 16th and then set about getting the most out of the new rubber. I was moving up the field and slowly started to mingle with the leaders as they made their stops. Unfortunately I had worn out my rubber and so had to make another stop. I then set out again like a man possessed and fought my way back into the top 10 only to end up 15th with time penalties. Okay not a great result but I had one hell of a time getting there. It reminded me so much of GP2 from all those years ago, maybe not the most accurate sim but hell of a good fun!
wobblysauce

Post by wobblysauce »

Williams is a good car..

If you want a challenge use the lotus.. turd with wheels.
Some play it safe on the merry-go-round, others go for the thrills of the roller-coaster.

ᕙ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕗ vs ლ(ಠ益ಠ)ლ

I have a joke for you. I have a prediction that you are going to walk into a bar, my prediction was wrong and your wallet is gone.
VIPEROSI

Post by VIPEROSI »

Well it finally arrived from ozgameshop...and it lasted 2 days on the computer before being uninstalled.

I dont think im that much of a simnut that i wont accept driving arcade games, ive enjoyed the forza series on the xbox360 alot.

To me the physics in f12011 are a joke, it feels like codemasters games of old where the cars are on a pre determined path and steering input doesnt effect the cars the way it should.

Throttle and steering appear to be completely independent of each other, with input from either never having the the effect it should. You can steer around the course lighting up the tyres and it seemingly having no effect on the balance of the car or the direction of travel.

The steering is absolutely horrible, with the feeling that even with all assists off that its still attempting to compensate for something and prevent you having full control.

The driving side of this game is sooooooooo far from what i consider normal, let alone arcade or sim that i just cant get into it at all.

After going back to iracing tonight, all of a sudden the corvette felt so incredibly foreign as it actually responded to every input unlike codies game. Ive had to put in heaps of laps tonight just to get my mind back into the proper zone for iracing as f12011 trully screwed it up with trying to adapt to a completely fake style of driving.

Dissapointed but glad at the same time that i only spent 38 bucks on this heap of crap!
Chris Bloom

Post by Chris Bloom »

I think the novelty of F1 2011 is wearing off for me. The AI performance is really peculiar. Some circuits I'm as quick as them others I'm way off.

When it rains I'm usually 5 secs a lap slower on tracks where I was competitive in the dry. The exception to this seems to be Valencia where I was a firm backmarker in the dry yet dominantly fastest in the wet?

Other annoying things include the fact that the car won't get airborne even if you ride into another cars back tyre at 200mph, the only damage attainable is a broken front wing and when you come into the pits because it's started raining the pit crew just give you another set of dry tyres regardless?

Back to GT Legends while we wait for rF2.
Virtual-R
Ninja Roy

Post by Virtual-R »

KNAPPO wrote:[youtube] [/youtube]
[youtube] [/youtube]
I think after last weekends race this is actually a feature more than a bug, especially the second one at the Indian circuit, they nailed it perfectly.

I just bought the game, waited awhile the same as I did last year and picked it up dirt cheap, so as long as I get $30 worth of entertainment out of it then it's paid for itself, last years was worth $30 as I got about a month of enjoyable gaming out of it before I became bored, assuming this one will be no different.
Virtual-R
Ninja Roy

Post by Virtual-R »

My version of the game for some reason doesn't have Legend status for AI, it's just Expert. The Williams is also very slow too, I can never match the times for Barrichello. Maybe the later release of the game fixed the AI and made it harder?
wobblysauce

Post by wobblysauce »

Williams as in the car when you drive it or the Ai.

When I drove it, it was the fastest of the starting cars.

ᕙ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕗ vs ლ(ಠ益ಠ)ლ

Virtual-R
Ninja Roy

Post by Virtual-R »

What I mean is I don't understand how people are winning races with the Williams, I can't even match the time of Barrichello in the game. Wondering if seeing as I have a later release of the game whether they upped the AI strength. I can't see how it's possible to win using the Williams with mine set to Expert.

F12010 I used to be able to win races in the HRT, but 2011 seems a lot more difficult.
nutty
Spam King
Spam King

Post by nutty »

How far into the season are you?
I found for the first 2-3 races I struggled to get into Q2, then it started to get easier, by the start of the European season I was getting front row starts.
Virtual-R
Ninja Roy

Post by Virtual-R »

I just finished the 3rd race at China, got through to Q2 at this one but was racing for 17th the entire time, other two were 18th in qualifying and 18th in the race each time. I'm pretty good at getting decent times in LFS / iRacing, so it's confusing me why this is so difficult to get decent times, I understand it's not a simulation as such but would have thought that would make it easier not harder lol
nutty
Spam King
Spam King

Post by nutty »

Just wait in a race or two you will be pushing for pole
Gizmo

Post by Gizmo »

Got this on the PS3 from JB HI FI. They had it advertised instore for $69. Got to the counter and they only charged me $49 :)

Anyone interested in doing a Co-Op championship?
Virtual-R
Ninja Roy

Post by Virtual-R »

Got the hang of it now, mid season the car is extremely fast for some reason lol typical of codemasters

Only thing I really hate is when you spin the car, you cant just floor it and do a 180, it grips for the first 90 degrees then decides to spin after that, pretty annoying because it always shoots me straight into a wall or into a full 360, shouldn't need to do a 3 point turn in a f1 car but the way it's programmed there's often no other choice