F1 2011

Discussion of F1, Dirt etc
KNAPPO
Master artist
Master artist

Re: F1 2011

Post by KNAPPO »

Have Codies fixed the bugs that were in F1 2010?
Life is hard...but, life is harder when you're dumb.
Dr. Pain

Post by Dr. Pain »

Which one's?
Minister for Religious Genocide.
MADCAP

Post by MADCAP »

Hi Guys,

Well after having about 5 championships with some aussie lads in 2010 i finally got my copy yesterday with F1 2011

Forst thoughts - Ummm seems the online graphics has been reduced to compensate the 16 drivers - SPEWING!!! but its still okay

Kers - LOVE IT
DRS - AWESOME
SafetyCar - Very good, hard to get used to - but auto brake works when your too close to drivers, it sorta kicked one of our drivers off, not sure why either bugg or bad connection

Fast lap indicator is cool - pops up when your competitor or team mate is lapping quick its shows up on screen

Sounds of cars sound really nice

Track detail has been increased - so has the tracks in brightness - maybe too bright

Sandtraps = POO they dont do much

Wet weather - alot easy to drive

Driving physics - alot easy to drive with the following:
fuel loads
tyre wear
traction control
abs

we use this setting in most our leagues and it seems beeter to drive the curbs without spinning

car setting havent yet played but few areas of the settings have been changed

menu system is nice, just enhanced and few things opposite to before - mainly the tyres selction on right and quick setup and race on the left....

Overall i had a few games last night with some of my league crew and it wasnt too bad, but as a new game we will all need to adjust to the look, feel and extra controls

I think its worthy to buy and get online for some seriouse racing - considering its still a PS3 game

by the way - anyone that has good G27 Logitec setting sing out

Hope it helps
Frank
+ Current Ride 2016 Ducati 959 Panigale + 2016 TONY KART 401 X30 IAME + Santa Cruz Bronson V3 CC X01 +
Mr.Ferret

Post by Mr.Ferret »

Overall Effects-100%
Spring Effect-100%
Damper Effect-100%
Centering Spring Enabled-100%
degrees of Rotation- 315

Advanced Wheel Settings
Steering Deadzone-0%
steering Saturation-0%
Steering Linearity-10%
Throttle Deadzone-0%
Throttle saturation-0%
Brake Deadzone-0%
Brake saturation-0%

FFB

environmental: 100
effects: 100
wheel weight : 20

thats what im using, play with wheel weight in the FFB a bit if its too juddery
iRacing Name - Joshua Brown2
KNAPPO
Master artist
Master artist

Post by KNAPPO »

Dr. Pain wrote:Which one's?
- Pit stop bug (lollypop guy holding you too long)
- AI not setting actual times in prac and qualy like they did in 2010

These were the two that annoyed me the most. Really hope they fixed these two at the very least.
wobblysauce
Seen it, Done it, Invented it!

Post by wobblysauce »

Ferret, environmental: 100 is the jitter.
Some play it safe on the merry-go-round, others go for the thrills of the roller-coaster.

ᕙ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕗ vs ლ(ಠ益ಠ)ლ

I have a joke for you. I have a prediction that you are going to walk into a bar, my prediction was wrong and your wallet is gone.
MADCAP

Post by MADCAP »

i use 50% for enviromental
+ Current Ride 2016 Ducati 959 Panigale + 2016 TONY KART 401 X30 IAME + Santa Cruz Bronson V3 CC X01 +
Dr. Pain

Post by Dr. Pain »

KNAPPO wrote:
Dr. Pain wrote:Which one's?
- Pit stop bug (lollypop guy holding you too long)
- AI not setting actual times in prac and qualy like they did in 2010

These were the two that annoyed me the most. Really hope they fixed these two at the very least.
Don't know about pit stops as mine have me in after the others have pitted and I've just been using the strategy the game offers.

The AI will set lap times. In FP1 they do an installation lap but then 5 or 10 mins later they go for runs and stay out for that given fuel load. 5 lap runs or more. Some for me were doing 35 laps FP1 for the full 90 minutes and their times seem consistent too. They go for it in quali too. 1:23.xxx was pole. I run them on legend and in Melbourne they were doing real race times but as the fuel lightened they started pushing. About 2/3rd through a 29 lap race they were swapping fastest laps between Mclarens and Rebulls. Webber ended up under 3 seconds off his pole time in the race. They don't want to give up positions either so the will try to close the gap without punting you off.
Minister for Religious Genocide.
KNAPPO
Master artist
Master artist

Post by KNAPPO »

The issue with prac times was you could follow an ai and sit on his arse over the line yet the posted time was different to the physical lap time.

A mate at work just sent me these... im still hanging to play it tho.
[youtube] [/youtube]
[youtube] [/youtube]
[youtube] [/youtube]
[youtube] [/youtube]
thornz

Post by thornz »

Just gave in and bought it.

Although if I had seen those videos above, I may have waited a bit longer. Oh well, shit happens.
NeilPearson
Prize Winning ARSE

Post by NeilPearson »

I finished 6th in my lotus at sepang on Hard in the XBOX version.
made it to qualifying 3 aswell.

I originaly tried it on expert (hardest) and couldnt do a thing. Couldnt keep up couldnt even get within a few seconds of my teammate. So deleted the save file, tried it on hard.

Melbourne, i was where i should be pace wise, then malaysia i was to quick. Didnt bother qualifying in Q3 as i Would have gotten pole judging from the times after the session ended.

So i upped it to expert for china, and turned on the Traction control to medium. and its alot easier. Car behaves now. and im back where i should be pace wise.

Its definatly better than F12010. But its still lacking. the ai are shit. On outlaps in Practice/qualifying they just fuck around on the racing line, i come up on them flat out and they move into me to get out of the way.

Not to mention my lotus can outbrake any car by alot.
wobblysauce

Post by wobblysauce »

And online.. there is a Easter egg.. where you turn a setting to 11 and your car feels like it is glued to the road.
Some play it safe on the merry-go-round, others go for the thrills of the roller-coaster.

ᕙ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕗ vs ლ(ಠ益ಠ)ლ

I have a joke for you. I have a prediction that you are going to walk into a bar, my prediction was wrong and your wallet is gone.
w00dsy
The Senna of Hoppers Crossing

Re: Re: F1 2011

Post by w00dsy »

wobblysauce wrote:And online.. there is a Easter egg.. where you turn a setting to 11 and your car feels like it is glued to the road.

As in you have massive amounts of grip or as in its actually glued to the road?
thornz

Post by thornz »

Any tips on getting the throttle sorted? Have to press half way down on the gas pedal before I get any revs. If I turn the throttle sensitvty up, it still takes forever to register, then is just full throttle.
Have the steering feeling very nice, game feels good in that depaertment, but the throttle issue is making this unplayable.
Mr.Ferret

Post by Mr.Ferret »

thornz wrote:Any tips on getting the throttle sorted? Have to press half way down on the gas pedal before I get any revs. If I turn the throttle sensitvty up, it still takes forever to register, then is just full throttle.
Have the steering feeling very nice, game feels good in that depaertment, but the throttle issue is making this unplayable.
Could be the deadzones perhaps? set all the throttle and break settings in game to 0
thornz

Post by thornz »

Have all those set at 0, just seems an odd one. Will have to tinker a bit more, could just be my old Momo pedals really starting to shit themselves, but then again, they still work fine in iRacing.
NeilPearson
Prize Winning ARSE

Post by NeilPearson »

im over this game. the AI is so fucking inconsistant its not funny.

One race i can get 6th in the lotus. Next race im 4 seconds off the rear of the grid.

No thanks!
Mr.Ferret

Post by Mr.Ferret »

What race are you up to and what difficulty?

Im playing on legend and just got my best result so far at Monaco 17th in the HRT, i got lucky with some lapped traffic at the end i whittled down a 25 second gap to maldonado in my final 2 stints and caught him and koboyashi trying to get past a train of 4 lapped cars, almost had Perez at the end too but my tyres where gone (4 stops at a 50% race at monaco!) So far i was dead last in Melbourne in the wet (didn't have a setup) was only just off getting a few spots in quali. Came 19th at Malaysia 18th At China (hate china, usually hate Malaysia too but didn't mind it this time around) 20th in Turkey (got a drive through or it would have been 19th, and alguersuari span me :S and i came 19th in Spain.

This is much better than 2010 for me in that respect, the ai seem to be about the same speed on all tracks, for me at least and on Legend.
NeilPearson
Prize Winning ARSE

Post by NeilPearson »

Well i have tried two different difficulties.

hard and Expert (this is xbox version)

Hard at australia i could keep up JUST and finished 17th. was happy.

Sepang, i could have qualified on Pole. But chose to sit out Q3. Finished 6th.

china - upped the difficulty to expert - finishe 15th

Turkey - 4 seconds off the pace of 23rd.
Mr.Ferret

Post by Mr.Ferret »

Well that sucks, they just cant get it right can they
NeilPearson
Prize Winning ARSE

Post by NeilPearson »

if they outsorced the tracks again, im sure thats what the issue is.
wobblysauce

Post by wobblysauce »

I started a new Career, Lotus wasn't cutting it. So much easier now with Williams.

Another annoying thing is the pit manager, like in full rain, it will say my team mate is lapping faster then me on dry tyres and I should pit and put on inters as it is best for the conditions. Yet I am leading and also doing the fastest laps on track.

ᕙ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕗ vs ლ(ಠ益ಠ)ლ

Chris Bloom

Post by Chris Bloom »

I think my copy has a bug? Massa always seems to be the quickest.
Bauer

F1 2011

Post by Bauer »

Chris Bloom wrote:I think my copy has a bug? Massa always seems to be the quickest.
the Fernando patch is on its way. Can you confirm you understand.
--------------
Stu
Shaun

Post by Shaun »

started my career in force india, ai are on professional, think its a bit too easy, im not winning races but have come 5th and 4th. In melbourne i was in 3rd but started to run out of fuel on the last lap and lost 2 spots on the start finish straight lol
Hello :aussie: