F1 2011

Discussion of F1, Dirt etc
Chris Bloom

Re: F1 2011

Post by Chris Bloom »

I'm so damn useless at this! I can't keep up with the AI on Intermediate and on-line I'm seconds behind everyone. Still, it's good fun and I'm enjoying it.
Big Kev
Clean as a Whistle
Clean as a Whistle

Post by Big Kev »

That was one of the problems I had with 2010. I was going flat out on the limit and I was still having trouble keeping up and yet people were claiming pole position on 2 or 3 difficulty levels above me without any trouble, on the day they bought it. I'm not THAT bad at sims!

I might skip this one and wait for the inevitable 2012 version.
ARSE Biscuits! Driftu Kingu!
My Flickr Stream
Dr. Pain

Post by Dr. Pain »

I've got mine running on the expert level in a HRT and I'm right where the car should be, battling my team mate and Virgins. Half distance grand prix and I go 2 laps down which is 4 laps on full so right on the money. The HRT gets pointy and shitty in some turns and well its a turd with an aero package lol.
Minister for Religious Genocide.
Chris Bloom

Post by Chris Bloom »

I've switched to using an automatic gearbox and it's much better to drive. I was spending more time with the manual gearbox wondering what gear I was/should be in then where I was pointing the car on the track.
Exar Kun
Sensible Mick

Post by Exar Kun »

I have the same problem with this as I did with 2010 - just a complete lack of feel. I have no idea what each end of the car is really doing. Sometimes I find I can brake much later, turn in faster and get on the throttle earlier than I have been and go a second or two a lap faster. There's apparently a bug with car setups - put the springs stiffness to 11 at both ends and the car is a lot faster and more responsive, regardless of track conditions.
"If we can hit that bull's-eye, the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate!"
Shaun

Post by Shaun »

I've been trying to avoid that bug. Have been using setups from this site http://www.racedepartment.com/f1-2011-s ... ctory.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; and find they help alot *i dont use any of the ones with 11/11 spring stiffness though
Hello :aussie:
thornz

Post by thornz »

Having an issue with the frame rates. Game starts off fine, then after about half an hour, its starts chopping and freezing badly enough that its unplayable. Would this be most likely the graphics card overheating?

Still couldnt find away to make the throttle work smoothly, so have just put traction control on full, and just mash the gas.

Enjoying the game when it is working properly, have no chance of matching the AI so far on the expert level and default setups, will try some of those that Shaun posted link to and see how I get on.
Exar Kun
Sensible Mick

Post by Exar Kun »

I've only done two 20% career races but I find the pace weird. In both the races, fastest lap was about a second quicker than pole and that even held true with me. On primes at the end of the race I was quicker than options in qualifying.

thornz - I occasionally get the same issue but it only last a minute or two.
"If we can hit that bull's-eye, the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate!"
Chris Bloom

Post by Chris Bloom »

thornz wrote:Having an issue with the frame rates. Game starts off fine, then after about half an hour, its starts chopping and freezing badly enough that its unplayable. Would this be most likely the graphics card overheating?
I used to get that happening with iRacing on my laptop. I never worked out what it was though, thought it was maybe an anti-virus or something activating in the background because I hadn't touched the keyboard in half an hour.
Scottie

Post by Scottie »

well I was going to get it tomorrow, but I think I might hang a bit and wait for rF2 :(
dvestate
Prize Winning ARSE

Post by dvestate »

I grabbed the PS3 version and am enjoying it, started my career running a FI but thinking I might go back to a HRT.

Will be moving the difficulty to Expert tonight now that I'm used to DRS and KERS :)
Mr.Ferret

Post by Mr.Ferret »

Scottie wrote:well I was going to get it tomorrow, but I think I might hang a bit and wait for rF2 :(
This aughta tie me over till rf2 :D
iRacing Name - Joshua Brown2
Chris Bloom

Post by Chris Bloom »

Ok, I'm just as crap with an auto box as I am with a manual one. My fingers get a lot less exercise though.

Anyone else having problems saving custom control assignments on the PC. Mine reverts to the default settings for my Momo each time I start the game.
VIPEROSI

Post by VIPEROSI »

Just bought from ozgames shope....if i hate it ill be back here to abuse all the people who said its great fun :P

I love the difficulty of the f1 car in iracing, but im also sick of getting my licence raped by other people, i think this will be a good way to balance things out.

If i like it enough i might consider joining a league
Exar Kun
Sensible Mick

Post by Exar Kun »

Chris Bloom wrote:Ok, I'm just as crap with an auto box as I am with a manual one. My fingers get a lot less exercise though.

Anyone else having problems saving custom control assignments on the PC. Mine reverts to the default settings for my Momo each time I start the game.
Same here - goes back to default each time.
thornz

Post by thornz »

Exar Kun wrote:
Chris Bloom wrote:Ok, I'm just as crap with an auto box as I am with a manual one. My fingers get a lot less exercise though.

Same here - goes back to default each time.
Same here as well, really starting to piss me off now!
KNAPPO
Master artist
Master artist

Post by KNAPPO »

Is you game saving via games for windows live ?
Life is hard...but, life is harder when you're dumb.
Exar Kun
Sensible Mick

Post by Exar Kun »

I'm logged into GFWL - would that matter? It doesn't matter if I hit "save" in the settings page or let it autosave, it just doesn't keep the settings.
nutty
Spam King
Spam King

Post by nutty »

Mine was the same in F1 2010, I just gave up
Mr.Ferret

Post by Mr.Ferret »

Guys when it says press start just use your wheel and it will default to your wheel controls
Gizmo
forum fairy - in a gay way!
forum fairy - in a gay way!

Post by Gizmo »

Has anyone tried the CO-OP Championship? That is one feature i'm really interested in. Downloaded the game the other day and it's abit of fun. If the CO-OP is any good i'll buy it.

Something i wanted to know was, are you able to do a co-op with more than 1 other person online? ie) your 16 player MP race, but it's a co-op championship for each player?
Scottie

Post by Scottie »

ended up getting it today... it keeps crashing after a session... and i have the same wheel settings issue as others have had here. I'll wait for a patch :)
Mr.Ferret

Post by Mr.Ferret »

Again guys just start the game with your wheel, then it knows what controller to default too. just hit the equivalent of X or start on your wheel.

Also i believe there is a override setting or something in the controller options just set it to steering wheel and its fine
wobblysauce
Seen it, Done it, Invented it!

Post by wobblysauce »

And if you start with pressing a KB button.. you can change it back in the options menu.

I havn't tried Co-Op yet either.
Some play it safe on the merry-go-round, others go for the thrills of the roller-coaster.

ᕙ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕗ vs ლ(ಠ益ಠ)ლ

I have a joke for you. I have a prediction that you are going to walk into a bar, my prediction was wrong and your wallet is gone.
Chris Bloom

Post by Chris Bloom »

Just won my first race against the AI at Montreal :)

I seem to be sticking to mainly Montreal, Monza, Monaco, Hungary, Spa, tracks I know from GP2/3 and F1 2002, the last F1 sim I had. Silverstone is only recognisable Between Woodcote and Stowe, I have no idea where I am the rest of the lap :)