F1 2011

Discussion of F1, Dirt etc
Exar Kun
Sensible Mick

Re: F1 2011

Post by Exar Kun »

Ah sorry - I have an annual paid subscription to a VPN so I can watch F1 and stuff so it's not the cheapest way to get the game early! There must be free VPNs around that can be used.
"If we can hit that bull's-eye, the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate!"
Dr. Pain

Post by Dr. Pain »

Hmmm may have to use my vpn tonight to try this :)
Minister for Religious Genocide.
Mr.Ferret

Post by Mr.Ferret »

I got it unlocked. It's what 10 should have been but better! Had a huge grin on my face for a whole 20% race at melb in the Renault, DRS through turn 5 on worn tires in practice, yikes!
iRacing Name - Joshua Brown2
NeilPearson
Prize Winning ARSE

Post by NeilPearson »

How is the AI?
Mr.Ferret

Post by Mr.Ferret »

Only did one race. Stuck it on expert so I think the ai still had on more level. I was in the Renault and started last in the dry in Australia, finished 12th would have been better but I ran out of fuel with half a lap left haha, did 6 practice laps before the start. They are fairly racey but tbh most of time I was in clean air, need more of a test. Though I did have barrichello all over my arse for the last few laps but he couldn't get me in the DRS zone mainly because I saved all my KERS for the straight and I would assume the cosworth engine he had didn't have much power. Damn good fun all around, try having DRS open through turn 5 hanging the back pitot through the kink after 6 haha
Dr. Pain

Post by Dr. Pain »

If the Indian track is close to the real deal then it will be a corker. Long straights, some nice 4th gear stuff it in turns and no mickey mouse turns. The DRS and KERS are good. I've had 10 crashes in 1/2 an hour 6 of which were Renault going through Eau Rouge with KERS and DRS, don't work. Even Blanchimont with DRS will put you into the fence. I haven't race but it feels good. Not too much different too F1 2010 in feel although I did get more wheel spin and lock ups.
dvestate
Prize Winning ARSE

Post by dvestate »

Forgot the released date was tomorrow for this...... Looks good, DRS, KERS, managing fuel and tyres sounds like a much better version of 2010

I'm going to hit the shops this arvo to see if someone breaks street date for the PS3 version :)
Shaun

F1 2011

Post by Shaun »

Has the issue of the ai not actually setting laps in practice and qualifying been fixed?
Hello :aussie:
Mr.Ferret

Post by Mr.Ferret »

Shaun wrote:Has the issue of the ai not actually setting laps in practice and qualifying been fixed?
apparently so, yet to test it myself, about to jump on again for the whole afternoon though :D
wobblysauce
Seen it, Done it, Invented it!

Post by wobblysauce »

:( This game will unlock in approximately 20 hours
Some play it safe on the merry-go-round, others go for the thrills of the roller-coaster.

ᕙ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕗ vs ლ(ಠ益ಠ)ლ

I have a joke for you. I have a prediction that you are going to walk into a bar, my prediction was wrong and your wallet is gone.
Shaun

F1 2011

Post by Shaun »

Mr.Ferret wrote:
Shaun wrote:Has the issue of the ai not actually setting laps in practice and qualifying been fixed?
apparently so, yet to test it myself, about to jump on again for the whole afternoon though :D
Sweet let us know how it goes. I'm going to get it on Friday
Hello :aussie:
MADCAP

Post by MADCAP »

http://www.racedepartment.com/f1-2011-g ... -game.html
some reviews of the game already, cant wait to get tomorrow

If any of you boyz keen to race Monday nights i have a league at this website, we have a great bunch of lads that have raced over 5 championships online and its been great :http://www.raceleague.com.au/viewtopic.php?f=20&t=375

Cheers
Frank
+ Current Ride 2016 Ducati 959 Panigale + 2016 TONY KART 401 X30 IAME + Santa Cruz Bronson V3 CC X01 +
Dr. Pain

Post by Dr. Pain »

I have a few gripes with this now. My PC is getting old but can still run iRacing with near max graphics, can play Dragon Age 2 on second highest graphics settings and flight sims, it runs great on, Red Orchestra 2 it runs on high. But this I have to run a low graphics setting to get good frame rate with this but that means no mirrors because mirrors are tied in with reflections. So I can't see behind. Having a G25 I only have two wheel buttons and they are DRS and KERS so I can't look beside me. So these graphic settings give me 42 fps across the board with a minimum rate of 36 fps. I'm also getting some nasty stuttering from time to time too.

My PC is as follows:
2.44 GHz core 2 quad, 4 GB RAM, Sapphire 6850 HD, Sound Blaster 5.1.

Without a PC upgrade I won't be able to play F1 2012 (if that happens). I'm hoping for the community to have some tweaks soon so I can get better performance out of this. The AI seem ok too as I ran a practice session with expert AI. They run an installation lap but then a few minutes later will start to run laps and they are in 1:25's at Albert Park and I'm 1:30 in a HRT. Another thing I noticed is the pit stops are automatic as in AI for pit entry.

I may have to go ultra low graphics and see if that helps :(
AstrO
Help Desk Expert

Post by AstrO »

Dr. Pain wrote:My PC is as follows:
2.44 GHz core 2 quad, 4 GB RAM, Sapphire 6850 HD, Sound Blaster 5.1.
The CPU is a bit slow by today's standards, but the video card should be fine to run with high settings. Are you running Windows 7 or XP and have you tried updating your graphics drivers?

2010 runs fine for me with Max settings and I'm using a pair of older 4890's in Crossfire. Still waiting for 2011 to unlock so I can check that out...
Dr. Pain

Post by Dr. Pain »

I'm windows 7 running 11.6 cats. I did run medium reflections in a race so it must be trouble when cars are in the pits as I go past because no trouble in a wet quali or a dry race.
Mr.Ferret

Post by Mr.Ferret »

Dr. Pain wrote:I'm windows 7 running 11.6 cats. I did run medium reflections in a race so it must be trouble when cars are in the pits as I go past because no trouble in a wet quali or a dry race.
apparently 11.5 is better, the latest drivers knock 10 fps off
thornz

Post by thornz »

So those that have unlocked and been playing it, is it a Wheel and pedals game, or am I better to grab a PS3/Xbox controller for it?
Mr.Ferret

Post by Mr.Ferret »

thornz wrote:So those that have unlocked and been playing it, is it a Wheel and pedals game, or am I better to grab a PS3/Xbox controller for it?
Wheel
Dr. Pain

Post by Dr. Pain »

Wheel for sure. Once you get it set right it's great. I have my G25 at 270 degrees lock to lock, 50% FFB in the profiler. In game it's easy to break traction especially on new primes that are coming up to temperature or when it's wet.

The gripes I had have been put to rest somewhat after my race at Albert Park. I set it to the highest difficulty and did 50% race, long weekend in a HRT. Qualified last in the wet as I found inters and the track condition tough. In the race started on options and found my early pace not great but I just kept in touch. The AI I was racing pitted before me so I turned up the engine juice and went for it. The auto pit stop meant there was no mistakes and I'd caught them up but on the prime I was faster. Towards the end of the race I had to lean out the mixture and I was 19th, 2 laps down. Those 29 laps flew by and it was very enjoyable.

The AI are good to race too. They use DRS, KERS and will go for a gap without punting you off. Their times are consistent too in all conditions. They react too as I had one have a moment and when he was recovering he did try to block my pass. The other thing I did notice was the tyres going off the cliff too. They turned to shit real fast at their end.
NeilPearson
Prize Winning ARSE

Post by NeilPearson »

just hired out the xbox360 version. installing now... acquired the PC version, but tbh id much rather lay in bed and play it. Im not to keen on setting up my wheel now days. and Im just testing it before i think of buying :)
Mr.Ferret

Post by Mr.Ferret »

Dr.Pain I had very similar race to that in Malaysia. Getting out of the leaders way and ending up on the marbles makes it trickier :) is it just me or is the HRT arse through high speed turns, terrible at getting tyres up to temp and has a stack of tyre wear (burnt a set of inters in 6 laps in melb when no one else pitted till about lap 16) damn fun playing the long game strat wise, did prime option option at Malaysia and it worked a treat beat liuzzi by 40 seconds was 35 behind 18th though. Got up to 14th at one stage lost out on the big straights when DRS got enabled
Mr.Ferret

Post by Mr.Ferret »

Oh also did a 20% race at Canada, exiting the pits di rista span entering the first turn by himself and ended up right on the blend into T2 and exit of the pits. But then he ghosted which was rather silly :s
wobblysauce

Post by wobblysauce »

Any one else find it overly bright?
Some play it safe on the merry-go-round, others go for the thrills of the roller-coaster.

ᕙ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕗ vs ლ(ಠ益ಠ)ლ

I have a joke for you. I have a prediction that you are going to walk into a bar, my prediction was wrong and your wallet is gone.
Exar Kun
Sensible Mick

Post by Exar Kun »

Hmmm. My pc reboots when I try to load it. Something not quite right there...
"If we can hit that bull's-eye, the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate!"
wobblysauce

Post by wobblysauce »

My settings in Logi profile.
900º Rotation
100%FFB
0% Spring and Damper

Game.
Steering Saturation 68%, is 1 for 1 lock, in game and wheel
Rest 0%

ᕙ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕗ vs ლ(ಠ益ಠ)ლ