F1 2013

Discussion of F1, Dirt etc
Duke
Dukester Maldonado
Dukester Maldonado

Re: F1 2013

Post by Duke »

So only classic cars can run on the classic tracks & vice-versa?
Dukester

norbs diplomacy lesson 101: "If I was putting words in your mouth, you'd know."
Enforcer-J

Post by Enforcer-J »

From what it looks like yeah. I think some scenario modes you can run other tracks, and online I saw classics at spa but as for a general race, no option at this stage.
Jiminee

Post by Jiminee »

I want this to be decent so badly but without a demo I'm not willing to take the plunge. Maybe when it is on sale later in the year.
XLV SPORT
Duke
Dukester Maldonado
Dukester Maldonado

Post by Duke »

Just snagged this on DVD off Fishpond for $32.74 AUD. :)

I'll purchase the rest of DLC via steam once I have it installed.
Dukester

Dr. Pain

Post by Dr. Pain »

Nice price. I paid the steam price for the classic version. :rolleyes: But it will pay for itself fast I think. I gave the older cars a run and I like them but it's nothing sim. FW 14B doesn't have any of it's technology so you rely on the in game aids for TC, ABS. Not surprising I guess. I did the young driver test and the Mclaren felt ok. First time in this series I didn't have to arse about with my G-25. Set the sensitivity to 50% and nothing more.

It's not worth the price I paid being $90 but will be a good xmas pick up if they knock 50% off in steam or you can find it cheap like Flinty did. It's just a polished version of 2012 with some add on's but it does feel good. The older cars are fun but you wish there was more to that. More tracks would be good I hope someone finds an unlock so we can at least drive them on the new tracks.
Minister for Religious Genocide.
Dr. Pain

Post by Dr. Pain »

I made a wheel change to 60% sensitivity, 10% linear & 50% FFB and it feels really good to me. Better than before.

I was fanging the 1988 cars around Estoril before and you can feel the difference in them. The Lotus compared to the Ferrari felt a bit heavier but had more power and the Williams has a smoother power delivery being normally aspirated. I was fastest in the William's but all 3 were great fun to drive.
Duke
Dukester Maldonado
Dukester Maldonado

Post by Duke »

My copy arrived today, perfect timing after buying the new GFX card.
Can't wait to try the classic content if I can pry myself away from Assetto Corsa.

Dukester

Dr. Pain

Post by Dr. Pain »

I found the older cars not too dissimilar to the current cars. They are fun to drive but a bit meh at the end of that day. I wish there was more and you could have a full field of cars for each season i.e. 1980, 1986 ect... rather than a mismatch of cars that the scenarios offer up. But the current cars are really good.
pixelboy

Post by pixelboy »

This is on sale for $15 us for the next hour!

http://www.gamersgate.com/DD-F12013CE/f ... ic-edition" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
eek