F1 2014 & 2015

Discussion of F1, Dirt etc
Shaun

Re: F1 2014 & 2015

Post by Shaun »

That was my logic. It fits the bill nicely but atm i can't stop playing rocket league lol
Hello :aussie:
dvestate
Prize Winning ARSE

Post by dvestate »

I have not experienced Rocket League yet.....

Weird one last night, Bahrain just after the first sector through the fast Right/Left bit I crossed about half the car across the ripple strip on the left hander and BOOM lauched into the air and a massive accident and land on my lid..... I tried to replicate it but can't hit that point again
Duke
Dukester Maldonado
Dukester Maldonado

Post by Duke »

F1 2015 Patch 8-20-2015

Fixed AI always pitting on the same lap as their team mate
Fixed some instances of cars getting stuck in the pit lane
Fixed infrequent crash in the pit lane
Fixed car resetting to track when using flashback in the pit lane
Fixed instances of the pitting strategy not always updating correctly
Fixed fuel changes not saving correctly when changed under parc fermé conditions
Fixed various errors with the damage, fuel and temperature swipe
Fixed game stutter when the player takes control of an AI-driven car
Fixed AI cars having punctured tyres in P2 and P3 sessions in Pro Season mode
Fixed identical weather being used for all practice sessions in Pro Season mode
Fixed game resuming instantly when backing out of replay
Fixed flickering on track reflections in wet weather on high graphics settings
Fixed objects popping when playing with multi-monitor and wide screen setups
Added ability to adjust camera and field of view settings
Fixed McLaren 2015 car’s gear paddles glowing orange under braking
Added ability to delete car setups
Added a new “invite only” custom match option
Added push to talk functionality for voice comms
Improved session joining speed through the multiplayer hoppers.
Reconfigured hoppers to give one hopper per difficulty setting
Updated feature race to Belgian Grand Prix
Fixed players with invalidated lap times being shown as in 1st place during one shot qualifying sessions
Fixed grid order being incorrect after one-shot qualifying session if players had invalidated their lap times
Fixed several instances of players failing to start a session after other players have left the game
Fixed race start timer increasing whenever a player joins a hopper lobby
Fixed players acquiring another player’s points when joining a session mid-season
Fixed saved lobby settings not loading in correctly
Fixed players not joining hopper lobbies correctly from some game modes
Fixed car body not loading in correctly in some multiplayer race
Fixed multiple incorrect fastest lap notifications being displayed during online practice sessions
Fixed vote to skip track being used multiple times in lobbies
Added notifications for players retiring during a multiplayer session
Various other bug fixes and improvements

Please note that voice command support is still being developed, and is expected to be delivered in a later update.
Dukester

norbs diplomacy lesson 101: "If I was putting words in your mouth, you'd know."
Duke
Dukester Maldonado
Dukester Maldonado

Post by Duke »

Codemasters have released a new PC patch for their F1 2015 title.
The new patch addresses a number of issues of the current version of the game including multiplayer, AI and game fixes. The update also introduces a multiplayer session list that will allow you to search for all public sessions. Last but not least, the patch features the first of a number of high-end PC improvements.
While this patch is for the PC only, Codemasters are also planning to implement the fixes on the console versions as soon as possible. (With the exception being the multiplayer session list feature.)

Codemasters also confirmed that most of their development team members have now moved onto the F1 2016 development and are already working on some new and exciting features. The first internal game tests are planned for early 2016.

Game:
Added a session list screen which is available via the Multiplayer menu. This screen will allow players to search for all public sessions and join the one they want to. Custom and Hopper sessions will be visible on this list.

Multiplayer fixes and improvements:
Added additional information to lobbies so players can see how much progress has been made in the current session.
Parc ferme rules are no longer incorrectly applied so players will not get their fuel locked to 100kg in qualifying or not be able to change their tyres at the start of a race if they qualified outside the top ten.
Fixed an issue that would cause a player’s car to always be ghosted during timed qualifying sessions.
Fixed framerate and lag spikes causing incorrect collisions.
Fixed a bug that meant connections with limited upload bandwidth would appear laggy while on track and eventually disconnect.
Disallowing Brake Assist will no longer also block ABS.
Cars will no longer ghost when driving too slowly on track.
Fixed a bug which made the screen pulse black when spectating specific cars in specific circumstances.
Minor hopper improvements and changesRemoved the AI from all hoppers.
Removed the assist restrictions from the Hardcore hopper.
Made the countdown timer longer and prevented it from starting for a short time if there are not many players in the session to try to allow more people to join.Chan
ged the grid order to random from realistic. So now the players Mercedes cars will not always start on the front row.
Updated the Feature Race to Brazil.
Corrected the number of laps for the Mexican Grand Prix.
The player is now correctly disqualified for not using both compounds in a dry weather race.
Improvements to AI behaviour in Qualifying: AI will no longer all leave the garage at the same time.
AI will no longer use Prime tyres in Q2.AI will always do two
runs in Short Qualifying and Q3.
Fixed the flashing rear tyre issue present on some PC setups.
Made the D-Pad menu more responsive to use.
Fixed an issue that would sometimes cause OSD messages to remain on screen or to never display. This was mostly reported online but can be seen offline too.
Fixed an issue that would cause new tyres to be too cold when they’re put on at a pit stop.
Fixed a problem that could cause unrealistic lap times in practice and qualifying.

Sports Updates – Part 1:
Adjusted the relative performance of the teams and drivers based on the season’s results so far.
Updated the tyres for Russia to Super Soft and Soft.

High End PC Enhancements:
New CPU-driven particle effects to improve visual quality on systems with high-end CPUs. Select “high” or “ultra” particle effects from the options menu.
Increased audio voice counts for systems with high-end CPUs. Select the “high” audio quality setting from the option menu.
Improved CPU performance for users with 6 and 8+ cores.
Improved CPU performance for Intel CPUs with Hyper-Threading Technology.
Optimised performance for Intel integrated graphics chips.
Dukester

Scottie

Post by Scottie »

So after all these updates, might I ask someone for their opinion of the game in its current form?

I really want to find a decent F1 game to race, but I keep hearing so many things about the various years Codemasters have done, that I can't bring myself to buy any of them! :(
w00dsy
The Senna of Hoppers Crossing

Post by w00dsy »

I bought it not long ago. I don't like it. It's one of the least sim feeling games I've tried.
Exar Kun
Sensible Mick

Post by Exar Kun »

I doesn't work wiith separate wheels / pedals for me so I haven't driven it in quite a while.
"If we can hit that bull's-eye, the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate!"
Dr. Pain

Post by Dr. Pain »

I'm not touching 2015. 2014 is pretty good but didn't spend much time in it.

I'd go for F1 2014 when it's cheap. It works with separate wheels and pedals and felt pretty good overall.
Minister for Religious Genocide.
Scottie

Post by Scottie »

Thanks guys! I'll keep an ear low for F1 2016
Duke
Dukester Maldonado
Dukester Maldonado

Post by Duke »

Codemasters have released another patch for their F1 2015 title that was released last July, bringing plenty of changes to all three platforms of the title.
With the studio already focusing on the development of the 2016 version of their Formula One franchise, this is likely the last patch release for the title that was made available six moths ago.

PC Version Changelog
Game

Added a Strict corner cutting rules option and made the strict rules even stricter than they were previously following community feedback.
Added support for the Thrustmaster T-150.
Fixed RPM and flag information sent to UDP outgauge devices.

Multiplayer
Fixed an issue where host migration wouldn’t work a session lobby.
Fixed an issue where the host would be unable to see a client’s car after they selected the “return to garage” option.
Fixed an issue where a session would fail to start if multiple players joined simultaneously.
Fixed an issue where a player could be prevented from leaving their garage after another player selected the “return to garage” option.
Fixed an issue where players could not change their tyres on the grid after completing an earlier OSQ session on the same track.

Sports Updates Part 2
Updated the car model / livery for Mercedes, Ferrari, Williams, Force India, McLaren, Lotus and Manor.

Xbox One Version Changelog
Sports Updates
Updated the car model / livery for Mercedes, Ferrari, Williams, Force India, McLaren, Lotus and Manor.
Adjusted the relative performance of the teams and drivers based on the season’s results.
Updated the tyres for Russia to Super Soft and Soft.

General Bug Fixes & Improvements
Added a Strict corner cutting rules option and made the strict rules even stricter than they were previously following community feedback.
Full practice is now available in Quick Race.
Corrected a problem with the corner cutting rules that could mean you get a penalty even if you run wide and lost time.
The player is now correctly disqualified for not using both compounds in a dry weather race.
AI will no longer all leave the garage at the same time in qualifying sessions.
AI will no longer use Prime tyres in Q2.
AI will always do two runs in Short Qualifying and Q3.
The D-Pad menu is now more responsive.
Engine cooling in clean air has been improved to prevent unnecessary engine overheating.
Fixed an issue that would sometimes cause OSD messages to remain on screen or to never display.
Fixed an issue that would cause new tyres to be too cold when they’re put on at a pit stop.
Fixed a problem that could cause unrealistic AI lap times in practice and qualifying.
Fixed rain effects sometimes being present on a dry track after previously playing a wet session.
Fixed tyre compound being incorrectly shown as selected when loading a car setup at the start of a one-shot qualifying session.
Fixed the top leaderboard entry becoming corrupt after re-viewing the table.
Corrected the number of laps for the Mexican Grand Prix.
Removed the incorrect second DRS detection zone from the Mexico mini map.

Multiplayer Fixes & Improvements
Improved chances of finding multiplayer hopper games.
Added additional information to lobbies so players can see how much progress has been made in the current session.
Fixed an issue where players would get their fuel locked to 100kg in qualifying sessions.
Fixed an issue where players who qualified outside the top ten would not be able to change their tyres at the start of a race.
Fixed an issue where players could not change their tyres on the grid after completing an earlier OSQ session on the same track.
Fixed some framerate and lag spike issues that would cause incorrect car-to-car collisions.
Fixed a bug that meant connections with limited upload bandwidth would appear laggy while on track and eventually disconnect.
Fixed an issue where the race could be flagged as complete on the incorrect lap (including at the start of the race).
Fixed an issue that would cause a players car to always be ghosted during timed qualifying sessions.
Fixed a bug which made the screen pulse black when spectating specific cars in specific circumstances.
Made the hopper lobby countdown timer longer and prevented it from starting for a short time if there are not many players in the session to try to allow more people to join.
Changed the hopper grid order to random, so now the players Mercedes cars will not always start on the front row.
Removed the AI from all hoppers.
Removed the assist restrictions from the Hardcore hopper.
Banning ABS in the session settings will now implicitly ban braking assist.

Playstation 4 Version Changelog
Increased the severity of the strict rules.
Fixed a crash that would sometimes occur when loading a mid-session save created on a previous version of the game.
Fixed a bug where some players would not have the strict corner cutting rules enabled despite the host setting them to be on.
Fixed an issue where the host would be unable to see a client’s car after they selected the “return to garage” option.
Fixed an issue where a player could be prevented from leaving their garage after another player selected the “return to garage” option.
Fixed an issue where players joining sessions in progress would slow down transitions to and from the lobby.
Fixed an issue where a session would fail to start if multiple players joined simultaneously.
Dukester

r8response
Cry baby
Cry baby

Post by r8response »

F1 2015 FREE this for the next 34 Hours

https://www.humblebundle.com/store/f1-2015