F1 2014 & 2015

Discussion of F1, Dirt etc
NeilPearson
Prize Winning ARSE

Post by NeilPearson »

It hasn't happened in any previous title. Why would they give you discounts now?
Duke
Dukester Maldonado
Dukester Maldonado

Re: F1 2014 & 2015

Post by Duke »

F1 2015 Teaser Trailer announces delay

Codemasters released the first gameplay teaser video of the upcoming F1 2015 game, and also published a new set of impressive preview screenshots.

The teaser video showcases the car and track models and their texture quality. Furthermore, the video also shows us some of the in-game weather conditions. The newly released screenshots you can find on the bottom of this post, reveal that the models of the drivers, mechanics and team staff have been texture mapped with recognizable faces. By the looks of it, Codemasters did not just focus on the actual racing, but will also entertain us with grid walk cut scenes and podium animations.

As a bonus, F1 2015 will include the full 2014 F1 grid. The 2015 content at launch will be based on the winter test/pre-season liveries as revealed by the teams before the season started. As the season progresses Codemasters will continue to deliver content based on the full season liveries and enhanced performance data.

Last year Codemasters stated that the new-gen hardware platforms would enable them to improve both the physical and graphical aspects of the new installment of the F1 Series game. These latest preview screens show us that they pretty much succeeded in doing so. The development team stated that the console versions will run at a solid 60fps. As usual, the PC version will most likely need a beefy graphics card, to run at full detail.

There is also some bad news. The title was supposed to be released worldwide on June 12, but Codemasters now announced they had to postpone the release until July 10th in the UK, Europe and Australia. North America will see the title released on the 21st July while Brazil is scheduled for the 24th .
Dukester

norbs diplomacy lesson 101: "If I was putting words in your mouth, you'd know."
KNAPPO
Master artist
Master artist

Post by KNAPPO »

Duke wrote:Image
Needs Loowis spraying champagne in the chick's face if they want to go all realistic!
Life is hard...but, life is harder when you're dumb.
Shaun

Post by Shaun »

Jeez it looks nice. I think this will be a ps4 title for me. Nice couch racer
Hello :aussie:
Duke
Dukester Maldonado
Dukester Maldonado

Post by Duke »

Right in time for this weekend’s Canadian Grand Prix, Codemasters have released a batch of new previews of their upcoming F1 2015 title.
The preview shots show the virtual version of the Canadian Grand Prix in action at sunshine & rain.

Using a new version of Codemasters’ EGO engine, F1 2015 will feature not only improved visuals but also come with an improved tire model & force feedback system that will hopefully result in a more realistic driving experience. Using the Playstation 4’s & Xbox One’s voice-recognition technology, players will also be able to directly talk to their race engineer, requesting information and asking for changes.

F1 2015 will now be available starting July 10 in the UK, Europe and Australia and July 21 in the United States.
Dukester

Duke
Dukester Maldonado
Dukester Maldonado

Post by Duke »

Dukester

Shaun

Post by Shaun »

Looks sweet
Duke
Dukester Maldonado
Dukester Maldonado

Post by Duke »

The release of Codemaster’s F1 2015 is now just one day away and as the title is almost out on the shelves, plenty of preview footage has been surfacing on the web.
Below are plenty of new preview videos, showing the upcoming title on all of its three platforms, giving us a good look at the PC, PS4 and Xbox One versions.

Using a new version of Codemasters’ EGO engine, F1 2015 will feature not only improved visuals but also come with an improved tire model & force feedback system that will hopefully result in a more realistic driving experience.

Using the Playstation 4’s & Xbox One’s voice-recognition technology, players will also be able to directly talk to their race engineer, requesting information and asking for changes.
F1 2015 will now be available starting July 10 in the UK, Europe and Australia and July 21 in the United States.

Dukester

Scottie

Post by Scottie »

That effing shits me... that first video is why I will never buy this game.

Sure, it's a game and not a sim, but everyone still on the racing line, not once seeming to break traction, doesn't seem to reflect what really happens. There's no challenge there in my eyes.
Duke
Dukester Maldonado
Dukester Maldonado

Post by Duke »

Early reports are the game crashes on ultra high settings & also when running the benchmark test... :eek:
Dukester

Shaun

Post by Shaun »

How could they fuck that up? I've bought it on ps4 but still at work for another 2 1/2 hrs
Duke
Dukester Maldonado
Dukester Maldonado

Post by Duke »

Yep sounds to stoopid to be true.
Should have added the issue is possibly only on PC.
Dukester

norbs
fucking right wing vegan lesbian

Post by norbs »

Grab it via CDKeys on the top of the forum for $31US
Sarc ; my second favourite type of gasm.
nutty
Spam King
Spam King

Post by nutty »

Getting hammered in a reddit thread
dvestate
Prize Winning ARSE

Re: RE: Re: F1 2014 & 2015

Post by dvestate »

Shaun wrote:How could they fuck that up? I've bought it on ps4 but still at work for another 2 1/2 hrs
How is it??
Shaun

Post by Shaun »

Not much time in it so far. Physics feel great sounds are perfect but the lack of the old style career sucks. I dont see it having huge longetivity though
Duke
Dukester Maldonado
Dukester Maldonado

Post by Duke »

F1 2015 – First Patch released... Is this another case of a rushed released to meet their stated commitment???
Shortly after the release of the F1 2015 title, Codemasters deployed a first patch to resolve some urgent issues with the PC version of the game.

After a rather rocky launch, Codemasters where rapidly aware of players encountering some issues with the PC build, and have pushed a new build to the Steam platform to correct the known bugs and problems associated with the initial launch.

Changelog
Flashback and the Instant Replay Flashback causes game to crash to desktop
Instant Replay – The game is crashing when entering an instant replay in all game modes
Backing out from a lobby in which you were a Client and Hosting a new Lobby will result in you not having Host Options for your new Lobby
Fuel info resets every time you cross the start/finish line
Out of box settings appear to be too high on onboard Intel GPUs
Graphics options do not save in certain situations
When a player collides before or after resetting to track, they get disqualified.
Clipping on the nose camera on the Manor car
Game crashes after running benchmark
Tyre wear carries over from short qualifying to race between intermediate & option tyres
Hang occurs when host backs out of Custom Lobby just before countdown finishes and loading begins.
Multiplayer qualifying result inconsistent across players
Backing out of a Lobby on 0 seconds of the countdown timer can result in a Hang if the player then creates and leaves a Custom Session.
Host will perpetually load after quitting game via front end after getting terminal damage in multiple races in custom lobby
Dukester

Duke
Dukester Maldonado
Dukester Maldonado

Post by Duke »

Codemasters have released the second patch for their F1 2015 title that was released last week.
The patch continues to address several of the bugs that have plagued this title from the start, including:

- Fixed crash caused when switching between game running in a window to running in full screen
- Fixed crash going to track, or when driving on track when in 800×600 resolution with Ultra high detail preset
- Fixed crash when reducing the resolution of the game
- Fix for game timer running too fast during frame spikes
- Fix for camera speeding up at start of broadcast sequences
- Fix for tyre regulations not correctly working in short Championship weekends

The patch is now available for download on Steam.
Dukester

Duke
Dukester Maldonado
Dukester Maldonado

Post by Duke »

Talk about goin to town.... Has anyone here actually bought it on PC yet?

Dukester

dvestate
Prize Winning ARSE

Post by dvestate »

Glad I ordered the ps4 version........ Should be good for a casual pickup
KNAPPO
Master artist
Master artist

Post by KNAPPO »

Duke wrote:Talk about goin to town.... Has anyone here actually bought it on PC yet?
Why would any sane sim racer get this. Im sure, like me they learnt from previous versions to steer clear.
Life is hard...but, life is harder when you're dumb.
Duke
Dukester Maldonado
Dukester Maldonado

Post by Duke »

KNAPPO wrote:
Duke wrote:Talk about goin to town.... Has anyone here actually bought it on PC yet?
Why would any sane sim racer get this. Im sure, like me they learnt from previous versions to steer clear.
Well I had high hopes given what they are doing & have already done for DiRT Rally... Plus the lure of a specific & licensed F1 simcade is still enticing to me. :melt:
Dukester

Scottie

Post by Scottie »

Damnit! I just want ONE of these games to be good :(

Sure, iRacing is getting the McLaren, but it'd still be nice to have a dedicated decent F1 sim.

:(
Shaun

Post by Shaun »

I dont think its that bad on ps4 but thats using a game pad. Might aquire it on pc to see what its like on a wheel
dvestate
Prize Winning ARSE

Post by dvestate »

Arrived in my mailbox yesterday, had a race at Melbourne. Seemed OK for a console/control pad game, need to try and get the under steer sorted out.

For me it's a pickup racer when I just want to have a drive of F1 on the couch.