DiRT Rally

Discussion of F1, Dirt etc
Enforcer-J

Re: DiRT Rally

Post by Enforcer-J »

I'll do 3 or 4 stages before the next series to get a feel for the cars and then enter events do a shakedown and off I go. So it's pretty much 60 minutes a week of dirt rally after navigating through menus aswell :p

Actual practicing of events isn't really much of an advantage, you can bugger up on the easiest part of a stage out of nowhere and cream the most difficult parts sometimes. But once you have the car control under, um.. control, the pace notes do most of the work.
Kubic455

Post by Kubic455 »

Sorry, the best part of dirt rally, is being ahead of Ysu, the only time it's happened :)
Kubic455 (aka Flattop)
norbs
fucking right wing vegan lesbian

Post by norbs »

Can you turn off the time splits from the dead centre of the screen. They are killing me.
Sarc ; my second favourite type of gasm.
Enforcer-J

Post by Enforcer-J »

Osd options are in your profile settings i think?
ysu
Smooth Lubricator.

Post by ysu »

Those pace notes...I wonder how you guys use them. I find them really badly inaccurate in a few places, then too early or too late in others. It seems quite inconsistent in that regard. Maybe I'm just crap at this. :rolleyes:
Add to that: have problems watching the notes while driving, them being in English. Concentrating on two things, one being spoken English is still a bit difficult for me. And of course when they announce it too early, you also need to remember the last couple...

I'm just happy to provide the required ego boost for you, Bruce :D
Surprise, no sig. Now there is. Or is there?
Hz-Lab
Magoo
Magoo

Post by Hz-Lab »

pab wrote:At the start and the beginning eh?

Shut up! I'm sick lol, brain work none
Enforcer-J

Re: RE: Re: DiRT Rally

Post by Enforcer-J »

ysu wrote:Those pace notes...I wonder how you guys use them. I find them really badly inaccurate in a few places, then too early or too late in others. It seems quite inconsistent in that regard. Maybe I'm just crap at this. :rolleyes:
Add to that: have problems watching the notes while driving, them being in English. Concentrating on two things, one being spoken English is still a bit difficult for me. And of course when they announce it too early, you also need to remember the last couple...

I'm just happy to provide the required ego boost for you, Bruce :D
They can be inconsistent for sure depending on the combo. Greece is probably the biggest culprit. Trick for me is to take a corner one step down unless i can clearly see the corner coming up. 3's and 4's you need to be most careful with.
I dont have an osd as i found everything distracting and i concentrate way more without it... ofcourse if you have difficulty interpreting the speech it mught not be for you
norbs

Post by norbs »

Man, that current rally is tough. And long. but I bought it home in nearly 1 piece. 3 barrel rolls on the last stage.

Dr. Pain

Post by Dr. Pain »

At least you got home. I didn't :(
Minister for Religious Genocide.
ysu
Smooth Lubricator.

Post by ysu »

Question, gents;
I can beat the crap out of the computer on the german tarmac stage, but I'm woefully behind on the others.
Is it me being much better on tarmac, or the AI is rubbish on the tarmac?

p.s. I'd love to have a US stage. I think it was in RBR, in any case, I loved those long fast sweeping sections...finland is similar, but too bumpy-jumpy :)
Hz-Lab
Magoo
Magoo

Post by Hz-Lab »

AI are rubbish on Tarmac
petey

Post by petey »

The pace notes can be a bit of a PITA. Particularly when it is a "caution 3 left bad camber" and by the time you hear bad camber you're already mid corner. However I have just taken to being overly cautious anytime I hear caution. Which I suppose is logical but feels wrong sometimes when it really doesn't seem like a tricky corner.

I'm dedicating a quiet sunday with a few beverages to doing the league run every week. Makes for some fun relaxed rallying.
If you can leave two black stripes from the exit of one corner to the braking zone of the next, you finally have enough horsepower.
NeilPearson
Prize Winning ARSE

Post by NeilPearson »

My game keeps ctd'ing. I can do 1.5 stages... But we only get checkpoint every 2. So I lose my progress. Frustrating.
norbs

Post by norbs »

It is a buggy fucking game.

Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk
KNAPPO
Master artist
Master artist

Post by KNAPPO »

Ive missed the last two rounds i think. Was going to jump on last night then realised there was the new VIR track for AC to test out.
Life is hard...but, life is harder when you're dumb.
Enforcer-J

Post by Enforcer-J »

norbs wrote:It is a buggy fucking game.

I havent encountered anything noteworthy besides the racenet servers going down more often then they should.
norbs

Post by norbs »

Enforcer-J wrote:
norbs wrote:It is a buggy fucking game.

I havent encountered anything noteworthy besides the racenet servers going down more often then they should.
Yesterday running around Monaco in the mini and it decided 3 monitors were a waste of time so went back to 1920x1080, during a stage! :nod:
Enforcer-J

Post by Enforcer-J »

Thats a rather annoying one :/
KNAPPO
Master artist
Master artist

Post by KNAPPO »

norbs wrote:Yesterday running around Monaco in the mini and it decided 3 monitors were a waste of time so went back to 1920x1080, during a stage! :nod:
Ouch, thats the first time ive heard of that happening in any game. Sounds fun. Was the image condensed or did it flick back to rendering a single screen properly?
Life is hard...but, life is harder when you're dumb.
ysu
Smooth Lubricator.

Post by ysu »

I've gone rather well till the last 500m - I had to sneeze on a "right 5 over crest" and of course I went down the banking :)
Still, not a bad result for me. The car would have finished in pristine condition, too, if it wasn't for this incident, hehe.
petey

Post by petey »

I had a bad tumble on stage 1. 19 seconds off the pace so I knew I had to get some good consistent speed to catch up.

All was going great guns until ran the last quarter of the last stage with no headlights. At night with the rain I had this playing and the co-driver to guide me home www.youtube.com/watch?v=IksRDCMYnn8

I saw En-J jumping on to do his run I guess so will see how we finish up :D
If you can leave two black stripes from the exit of one corner to the braking zone of the next, you finally have enough horsepower.
Enforcer-J

Post by Enforcer-J »

You'd probably have beaten me by around 4 seconds had you not had that tumble on the first stage! I knew you would come back with a vengence so I really tried to push and somehow got through all stages without hitting anything.
Kyle looks like he had a bad stage 2 or 3, overall we were all very close pace wise.

Only 5 runners this round? It's the most exciting rally!
NeilPearson
Prize Winning ARSE

Post by NeilPearson »

my PSU blew up. so im out for who knows how long. using my HTPC as a main PC now.
Enforcer-J

Post by Enforcer-J »

Ah bugger!

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
petey

Post by petey »

Consistency is the challenge and you definitely triumphed on that one ^_^