F1 2016

Discussion of F1, Dirt etc
Duke
Dukester Maldonado
Dukester Maldonado

F1 2016

Post by Duke »

CodeMasters officially introduced F1 2016, the official video game of the 2016 FIA Formula One World Championship and revealed the first details of the game.

The latest installment of the F1 game franchise will continue where its predecessor left off. The new F1 game is built around a brand new career mode that will be spanning 10 racing seasons. F1 2016 will also introduce the return of the Safety Car and a scratch build Virtual Safety Car system. Furthermore, the title will feature the Baku, Azerbaijan street circuit which hosts the 2016 Formula One Grand Prix of Europe.

We expect that more info will be revealed at this year’s E3 Electronic Entertainment Expo that will be held in Los Angeles in June. Codemasters did not yet reveal an exact release date but stated that F1 2016 will become available this summer for PlayStation 4, Xbox One and Windows PC. (DVD and via Steam)

F1 2016 Press Release:
May 27, 2016 – Larkspur, Calif. — Codemasters® and Koch Media today announced F1™ 2016, the official videogame of the 2016 FIA FORMULA ONE WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP™. The new title will include the most immersive career mode ever featured in the franchise. F1 2016 will release onto PlayStation®4 computer entertainment system, Xbox One and Windows PC (DVD and via Steam) this summer.

F1 2016’s new career mode will take drivers deeper into the world’s most glamorous, exciting and prestigious motorsport, both on and off the track. The life-like recreation of the sport will be further enhanced by the addition of the sport’s iconic Safety Car and Virtual Safety Car, as well as the introduction of the challenging new street circuit in Baku, Azerbaijan for the 2016 FORMULA 1 GRAND PRIX OF EUROPE.

“F1 2016 is a massive step forward for the franchise,” said Lee Mather, principal games designer at Codemasters. “The new career mode sits at the heart of the game and allows gamers to create their own legend over a career that can span for up to a massive ten seasons. Beyond improving upon the fastest and most thrilling on-track racing experience in gaming, F1 2016 uniquely offers the drama and vehicle development that goes on behind the scenes. A rich car upgrade system is fully integrated into a new and deep practice development programme which mirrors the tests carried out by the teams in real life.”

Mather continued: “The career mode, together with the re-introduction of the Safety Car, the first inclusion of the Virtual Safety Car and a number of other unannounced improvements means that F1 2016 will have more new features than any other year of the franchise.”

In the new career mode players select an avatar to represent them within the game world as well as choosing a number to take with them through their career. They are then free to choose from any of the FORMULA ONE teams, all with different goals and expectations. It may be more challenging to start further down the grid, but it will also be easier to exceed team expectations. Players can earn contracts and move from team to team, or choose to develop their favourite team into a championship contender.

To complement the on-track experience, and to expand the realism of the Career mode, F1 2016 includes stunning hospitality areas for each team that act as the player’s game hub. In this area they will work with their Research and Development Engineer and Player Agent to develop their progress both on and off the track. To further enhance the immersion, players will also be able to spot other key figures from the paddock within the hospitality areas.

In what is already a very exciting season, the 2016 season sees Azerbaijan become the latest addition to the FORMULA ONE calendar, with capital city Baku playing host to what could very well be the fastest street circuit of the season. Early screenshots show off the new time of day editor which allows players to dramatically customise the visuals of the race experience. The brand-new Haas F1 Team makes their debut in the 2016 FIA FORMULA ONE WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP, and in the process become the first all-American-led F1 team in three decades.
Dukester

norbs diplomacy lesson 101: "If I was putting words in your mouth, you'd know."
Scottie

Re: F1 2016

Post by Scottie »

I want it to be good, at least have a feeling of driving the car, not just driving a line on the map with no feel.

Probably still get it as it'll fill a gap in my racing wants, but... just want it to be half good.
r8response
Cry baby
Cry baby

Post by r8response »

Give the development reins to the guys that made DiRT
Duke
Dukester Maldonado
Dukester Maldonado

Post by Duke »

iirc on an ISRTV podcast there was talk that some collaboration with the DiRT devs was happening. How true that is, time will tell I guess.
Dukester

Jiminee

Post by Jiminee »

Watching this race tonight it brings back memories of GP2, GP3 etc back in the day and makes me long for a sim of similar quality and playability in this day and age.
I know it is unlikely and I feel like I say this every year, but you know, here is hoping!
XLV SPORT
Duke
Dukester Maldonado
Dukester Maldonado

Post by Duke »

Codemasters is inviting a select number of gamers to participate in a closed beta test of their recently-announced F1 2016 title.
300 gamers across the title’s three platforms (PC, PS4 & Xbox One) will be selected to get access to a content-limited version of the game featuring time trial run on three tracks (Australia, Austria & Spain), hoping to gain feedback on the car handling from the gaming community.
Picked testers will be getting access to a private forum to share their feedback, interested gamers can apply for a beta key here.
F1 2016 will be coming to the PC, Playstation 4 & Xbox One later this summer.
Dukester

Duke
Dukester Maldonado
Dukester Maldonado

Post by Duke »

F1 2016 – Xbox One Gameplay Videos

With the ongoing E3 Electronic Entertainment Expo, it will not come as a surprise that the first Codemasters F1 2016 gameplay videos are starting to surface.

This three-part video set by Xboxygen show us some in-game action of the Haas VF-16 at the Autódromo José Carlos Pace (Sao Paulo), Circuit Gilles Villeneuve (Montreal), and Circuit of the Americas (Austin) circuits. The videos contain footage of both dry and wet track conditions.

Dukester

Duke
Dukester Maldonado
Dukester Maldonado

Post by Duke »

Dukester

Duke
Dukester Maldonado
Dukester Maldonado

Post by Duke »

Dukester

Duke
Dukester Maldonado
Dukester Maldonado

Post by Duke »

Codemasters themselves have now released some new preview screens of their upcoming F1 2016 title. The previews show Red Bull cars in action on the Red Bull Ring, location of last weekend’s Austrian Grand Prix.
Dukester

Duke
Dukester Maldonado
Dukester Maldonado

Post by Duke »

Codemasters have released a new promo trailer for their upcoming F1 2016 title for the PlayStation 4, Xbox One and Windows PC.
The new trailer titled “Create Your Own Legend” features some in-game racing action from the pit lane, grid and racing track. You can take a look at the paddock and hospitality area where you can interact with your engineer and agent. The trailer starts off with a demonstration of the new time-of-day editor.
Dukester

Duke
Dukester Maldonado
Dukester Maldonado

Post by Duke »

With this weekend’s F1 Grand Prix in mind, Codemasters have released yet another preview video of their upcoming F1 2016 title.
In the video, we can see Rio Haryanto hotlapping the Manor Racing F1 car around Silverstone.
To showcase some of the lighting features of this year’s installment, the footage is captured during a sunset session.
Dukester

Duke
Dukester Maldonado
Dukester Maldonado

Post by Duke »

Codemasters have released new previews of their upcoming F1 2016 title, showing the game’s full field of cars in action in various conditions.
Dukester

Duke
Dukester Maldonado
Dukester Maldonado

Post by Duke »

Codemasters has released a detailed outlook on the improved career mode of their upcoming F1 2016 title.
The new career mode will now simulate F1’s practice programs and development and more, as explained below.

In case you missed the news, there’s going to be a 10 season career mode in F1™ 2016, the official game of the 2016 FIA FORMULA ONE WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP™. A whole 10 seasons! Not only will you be able to pick your own name, you’ll be able to choose your number – the number that will define you throughout your career – as well as being able to single out the helmet for you, and colour it however you choose.

You’ll then be introduced to your Engineer and Agent (featured in the trailer below) in our brand new hospitality areas, both of whom will be your guides throughout your career. Your Engineer will guide you through team upgrades, and will help you spend your valuable Research and Development points, whilst your Agent will advise you on any potential team moves, contract changes and your performance within the team. Make sure you don’t underperform too much though, as she won’t hesitate to tell you when you need to buck your ideas up!

Research and Development
Research and Development points are used to upgrade various parts of your car. In the race to be the best, every point matters. You’ll earn research and development points for every session you do, from practice, to qualifying and the race itself. This means your practice sessions count more than ever. Your points are given based on how you do and what you do – did you meet your team’s objectives for this race, or did you exceed them? There is the option to skip and simulate sessions for those races you just can’t get on with, though keep doing it and you’ll find you’ve less points to spend than you’d like.

Practice Programmes
For the first time, there’s a new and deep practice development programme which mirrors the testing carried out by the teams in real life. You’ll be able to master each circuit with our track acclimatisation, gauge your qualifying pace with our qualification performance tests, test your tyres and fuel management and hone your race strategy to perfection. The more you practice, the more valuable research and development points you’ll earn.

Let’s Go Racing
The most important part of any grand prix weekend is, of course, the race itself. After you’ve made sure your brakes and tyres are at an optimal temperature with the formation lap, your race start is more crucial than ever. Time your start right to launch from the grid perfectly and gain positions, but be wary of jumping the race start!

Fight your way through the field and get the inside track on your rivals with the race strategy you crafted during practice. Keep your wits about you, the remodelled kerbs and and car damage sensitivity (including wheel tethers) could undo your hard work, though make sure you minimise the time lost when pitting with the manual pit lane entry.

Create Your Own Legend
Legends are created in the heat of championship battles. Keep winning races, upgrade your car, take that opportunity to move to the team at the top of their game, or stay in your current one, and take them on the path to glory. However you do it, cement your own legacy on the world of Formula One, and create your own legend.

Aside from bringing all cars and drivers of the current Formula One season to consoles and the PC as usual, the new title will put a big emphasis on career mode as the title’s main single player feature has been vastly extended.
Dukester

Duke
Dukester Maldonado
Dukester Maldonado

Post by Duke »

Codemasters has released a new gameplay video for their upcoming F1 2016 title for the PlayStation 4, Xbox One and Windows PC.
The new trailer titled “Your Journey Begins” shows us plenty of track and pit lane footage, and highlights many of the game’s key features. In honor of this week’s Hungarian Grand Prix, Codemasters published some more in-game screenshots snapped at the virtual Hungaroring circuit.
Dukester

Duke
Dukester Maldonado
Dukester Maldonado

Post by Duke »

Dukester

w00dsy
The Senna of Hoppers Crossing

Post by w00dsy »

The physics look a lot more encouraging than the 2015 version.
r8response
Cry baby
Cry baby

Post by r8response »

Quick look at some of the career shit.

Enforcer-J

Post by Enforcer-J »

If it drives and and hazz all the wizzbangy stuff of the SF15t in AC im keen.

Somehow i doubt it
Duke
Dukester Maldonado
Dukester Maldonado

Post by Duke »

Right in time for this weekend’s German Grand Prix, Codemasters have released some gameplay footage of Hockenheim in 2016.
The video shows a lap around the iconic German venue in Nico Hülkenberg’s Force India car
Dukester

Duke
Dukester Maldonado
Dukester Maldonado

Post by Duke »

Complete mechanical failures have been shown for this year’s title in this tweet by the Today Show commentator Trevor Long.
It has since been confirmed that mechanical failures will still rely on player error like previous releases in the franchise have, whereas AI combatants will suffer from random failures.
Dukester

Duke
Dukester Maldonado
Dukester Maldonado

Post by Duke »

Dukester

Enforcer-J

Post by Enforcer-J »

In5 actually pretty keen on this now.... features look good. Its all about that FFB though, i dont care if it doesnt drive as well (realistic) as AC but it has to 'make sense' atleast.
Duke
Dukester Maldonado
Dukester Maldonado

Post by Duke »

Yeah I'm hoping for the same En-J, hopefully they have worked with the DiRT Rally dev's on the FFB side & been able to improve it.
But still it should be better that pCARS FFB, now that's one sim that's backwards or I'm just useless at working out what it's telling me. :eyepop:
Dukester

Scottie

Post by Scottie »

I folded on this too. Last F1 game was F1 2012 and have been hankering for a fun racing game update... so pre-ordered on steam.