F1 2016

Discussion of F1, Dirt etc
r8response
Cry baby
Cry baby

Re: F1 2016

Post by r8response »

Exar Kun wrote:Can you have multiple controllers assigned? I couldn't get my G25 pedals to report with my Thrustmaster wheel in 2015.

Sent from my HTC 2PS6200 using Tapatalk
It would seem so.

G27 Wheel and Advantage 1 pedals are working.
Exar Kun
Sensible Mick

Post by Exar Kun »

Cool, thanks. Might give it a look.
"If we can hit that bull's-eye, the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate!"
Enforcer-J

Post by Enforcer-J »

10 hours play.. 2 full wewkends with 50% races. I havent played that much offline since GP4 andI'm going to go out on a limb and say its the best f1 game since then. Really enjoying it :yes:

I had no idea you could use your headset for the put radio using voice commands either! That is some cool shizz! Only thing missing is the more complicated engine/electronic mapping you see in AC.
Exar Kun
Sensible Mick

Post by Exar Kun »

Gave it a go last night. It's not bad. There's enough adjustability in the controls and graphics that I was able to get comfortable within half an hour or so. Didn't turn that many laps but it feels like a good jump in and play kind of game. I even threw on some traction control so I didn't need to learn how to drive!

Sent from my HTC 2PS6200 using Tapatalk
"If we can hit that bull's-eye, the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate!"
DexterPunk
Busted ARSE

Post by DexterPunk »

Interesting. I actually kept avoiding this thread because i've played a few of the F1 games before and lost interest and moved on to better sims. Perhaps it's worth a look after all. Does it support Oculus though? I can't find much info about that, which sadly makes me think it probably doesn't. I know heaps of people don't have access to VR still, but now that I do, I feel like going back to a normal screen is a little lame. Open wheel cars in AC are freaking awesome fun.
DexterPunk
Busted ARSE

Post by DexterPunk »

Shonky

Post by Shonky »

I'd say get used to that sort of thing Dex (mind you I don't see an official word from Codies in that thread saying no to VR), in my opinion VR isn't going to be a priority for a long time yet for developers if the Steam hardware stats are anything to go by.

Currently less than 0.2% of PCs have a VR headset (if I'm reading the numbers correctly) with the split being 64% Vive, and the rest variations of the Rift. We know this is the perfect game for VR but I'm guessing given it's a recent release they'll be in bug fixing mode rather than looking to add features. It will probably come like it did to Dirt Rally but I'm guessing it will be down the track after a patch or two.
Dr. Pain

Post by Dr. Pain »

So I have...

F1 2010
F1 2011 (not played)
F1 2012
F1 2013
F1 2014

Refused to buy F1 2015 as I've only clocked up about 40 hours in all the above and most of the was in 2010. I got 2011, 2012 and 2014 in a pack on steam.

I'm liking the look of 2016 and some of the feedback here is twisting my arm. Get some tax back and I think I will.
Minister for Religious Genocide.
r8response
Cry baby
Cry baby

Post by r8response »

I restarted my career (again) just so I could drive the McHonda. That low RPM burbling sound, I had to have it.

Plus 25% race length is too short. 50% is just about right so I can do a race after the kids are in bed and not be up all night trying to do all the R&D bits.
Enforcer-J

Post by Enforcer-J »

I need to up the difficulty.. Australia was where a torro rosso should place but then next to rounds i have creamed them.
I got a dq in q3 for blocking hamilton in the pits though hahaha
KNAPPO
Master artist
Master artist

Post by KNAPPO »

Enforcer-J wrote:I got a dq in q3 for blocking hamilton in the pits though hahaha
Alonso would be proud.
Life is hard...but, life is harder when you're dumb.
Scottie

Post by Scottie »

Enforcer-J wrote:I need to up the difficulty.. Australia was where a torro rosso should place but then next to rounds i have creamed them.
I got a dq in q3 for blocking hamilton in the pits though hahaha
Yeah, I did rd2 last night and took out the win in a Sauber... more difficulty to be summoned!
Duke
Dukester Maldonado
Dukester Maldonado

Post by Duke »

Dukester

norbs diplomacy lesson 101: "If I was putting words in your mouth, you'd know."
DexterPunk
Busted ARSE

Post by DexterPunk »

Shonky wrote:I'd say get used to that sort of thing Dex (mind you I don't see an official word from Codies in that thread saying no to VR), in my opinion VR isn't going to be a priority for a long time yet for developers if the Steam hardware stats are anything to go by.

Currently less than 0.2% of PCs have a VR headset (if I'm reading the numbers correctly) with the split being 64% Vive, and the rest variations of the Rift. We know this is the perfect game for VR but I'm guessing given it's a recent release they'll be in bug fixing mode rather than looking to add features. It will probably come like it did to Dirt Rally but I'm guessing it will be down the track after a patch or two.

Yeah I think you're right. Will be a while till it becomes the norm. Hopefully it gets patched in eventually. Till then, DiRT Rally does the job.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Montey

Post by Montey »

So, I bought this last night.

I'm enjoying the racing itself, but some of the bugs are really annoying. The most annoying problem is that it periodically thinks I am playing on a console (instead of PC) and gives me button labels for a controller instead of a keyboard. When in the Laptop, I can press F8 all I want but as often as not F7 will glitch out and just stop working at all.
- When trouble arises and things look bad, there is always one individual who perceives a solution and is willing to take command. Very often, that individual is crazy.
- If youre paddling upstream in a canoe and a wheel falls off, how many pancakes fit in a doghouse? None! Icecream doesn't have bones!!!
Enforcer-J

Post by Enforcer-J »

I got used to the button controls quite quickly and actually prefer it now as i dont have to move kb and mouse over to my simrig. It actually made it easier knowing what was what showing xbox buttons on the g27
Duke
Dukester Maldonado
Dukester Maldonado

Post by Duke »

Dukester

Duke
Dukester Maldonado
Dukester Maldonado

Post by Duke »

F1 2016 PC Patch Deployed - Console Update to Follow

Game Addition
Added the fuel remaining level next to the fuel mix setting in the MFD
Added the ability to chose whether to select a front wing change during pit stops
Added ability to alter fuel mix levels during the race start procedure.
Added braking telemetry to ghost car DRL within Time Trial
Added HUD area adjustment option.

PC Specific Fixes
Setting Benchmark mode to loop will now loop the benchmark.
Improved framerate when running the career hub in 4K and using the laptop.
Fixed an issue where the Low Detail graphical preset was displayed as Custom in the advanced Setup menu
V-sync Interval now fades out when v-sync is set to OFF
AMD - Crossfire – Fixed an issue that resulted in vehicle reflections causing cars to flicker when set to HIGH or above
Fixed an issue where some players were not receiving their pre-order bonus features.
Steam multiplayer region filter expanded to worldwide.
G27 steering wheel is now recognised.

General Multiplayer
Players on pause during multiplayer races are now driven at the speed level of the chosen AI and ghost to avoid accidents.
Safety Car icon has been added to the mini map in online multiplayer races.
Fixed a hang where a user JIPs into a session as its transitioning to a race.
Fixed an issue where JIPing into a practice session, quitting and rejoining prevents the player from taking control of a car.
Fixed an issue where game assets fail to render correctly when a client spectates an ongoing multiplayer qualifying session.
Fixed an issue where the AI refused to overtake a paused player during online sessions.
Added an icon next to the player nametag to indicate when the AI has taken control of another player in online multiplayer.
Fixed an issue where players could spawn in on top of each other on the grid if both players receive a 5 place grid penalty in practice
Fixed an issue with an incorrect position indicator on the formation lap after a driver is reset to grid.
Fixed an issue in multiplayer championship in which the client’s setup is forgotten after a reboot.
Fixed an issue where if a host left an OSQ session their ghost was the only vehicle visible for all clients and results were showing them in 1st place.
Multiplayer Championship – Auto save feature enabled when player client joins session.
Fixed an issue where accepting an invite on the race results was failing to take user into the game lobby.
Added option for clients to save Multiplayer Championship after host migration
Fixed an issue where an absent player vehicle was retiring at the start of a practice session, preventing the player dropping into multiplayer championships
Fixed an issue where drive through penalties were not being enforced after a Formation Lap
Fixed an issue where if a player quits/is disqualified from an online practice or longer qualifying session, many AI were not setting a lap time at all
Added ability to kick player in Online Championship if they don't have a vehicle.
Various other bug and stability fixes.

General Game
Fixed AI vehicles blocking cars on hot laps in qualifying and practice sessions.
Fixed AI vehicles suddenly moving off the inside line of corners and causing collisions
Improved AI ability to recover to track after being involved in crashes.
Made changes to the AI to improve overtaking along straights.
Improved AI ability to race closer in corners without backing out of moves.
AI vehicles are now able to reliably keep within the Safety Car delta times.
Updated safety car release frequencies to result in SC being deployed more often.
Updated safety car severity release frequencies – More likely to be released for the more severe accidents.
Practice Sessions – Re-balanced tyre management tests.
Improved performance and framerate within the career mode hospitality suite.
Fixed an issue in qualifying where the player was given new vehicle for Q2 after terminally damaging their car during Q1.
Fixed a crash in a 100% race replay at Singapore.
Fixed an issue where drive through penalties were not being enforced after a Formation Lap.
Fixed an issue where marbles were not sticking to tyres when driving over them on the outside of corners.
Fixed sector times incorrectly displaying purple on the timings screen in practice and qualifying.
Fixed an exploit in full qualifying where you could move up the grid after Q1 by advancing to race.
Fixed an issue on the strategy screen where it was possible to leave a gap in the race strategy.
Fixed an issue where no response was heard after requesting driver in Front or driver behind status update.
Fixed an issue where time trial laps that were penalised are appearing as legitimate times. - Please note this requires a leaderboard wipe to remove penalised lap times.
Leaderboards now display total players and ranking position.
Fixed a crash when attempting qualification pace practice program in FP2 and FP3.
Fixed a crash when selecting flashback after entering the pits.
Stopped the game forcing players to serve stop-go penalties whilst under safety car conditions.
Altered formation lap start procedure so users do not think they are starting the race.
Season objectives for teams in career now update at the start of a new season depending on previous seasons performance.
MFD - Extended the strategy timer to 30 seconds.
Sparks VFX is now played for plank collisions with track surface.
BRAZIL - PIT LANE - Speed limit sign now matches 80Kph speed limit.
AUSTRALIA – Pit Lane – Speed limit sign and pit limit OSD now match at 60Kph
Stability improvements for all game modes.
Various other bug and graphical fixes.
Various audio issues fixed and re-balanced.
Further updates to name filter in career mode

Console Specific
Added an option to search custom multiplayer sessions on Xbox One
PS4 - LIGHT BAR – Light bar now turns blue when blue flags are present and red for collisions.

NOTE: PC patch is available to download now via Steam. Console patch for Xbox One and PS4 will be deployed soon.
Dukester

Enforcer-J

Post by Enforcer-J »

Nice!
Exar Kun
Sensible Mick

Post by Exar Kun »

Really digging this game now. I started a career in a McLaren and am running at the middle to back of top 10 on expert so probably need to up the difficulty. But then again, I'm not beating Fernando by much. The practice stuff is cool as it forces you to really learn the track and gives a purpose to running laps in practice. I'm still pretty much just jumping in a playing without bothering about setup adjustments. Driving dynamics are just good enough to have some depth without having to spend hours getting to grips with it. Immersion is great too. Wet weather with a drying line, safety cars, start procedure etc. All good fun. Am up to Russia now - it's nice to do some laps at tracks I've watched but never run before. Helps to actually place all the same-same looking corners from the TV! Definitely the best F1 game in a very long time.
TIMMY30

Post by TIMMY30 »

Im playing it on the ps4. Had the same thing where i came 12th round 1 then won by 15 seconds round 2. Just put it on pole in round 3. Gonna have to wind up the difficulty so i can get creamed by the AI haha. Top game though!
Duke
Dukester Maldonado
Dukester Maldonado

Post by Duke »

Hot on the heals of the recent big PC update, Codemasters have been at it again with deployment of the promised PlayStation 4 patch, and a more compact update for PC players to enjoy.
Due to the often laborious process of approving any game updates for Microsoft consoles, Xbox One players have yet to receive an update to F1 2016 alongside their PC and PS4 playing counterparts. Codemasters have confirmed an update for the game has been submitted, and expect approval and deployment for Xbox One players in the very near future.

PC Patch Notes:
Performance improvements for AMD graphics cards.
Fixed a potential crash when rebinding controls on unsupported controllers.
Fix for rain beads shimmering when Weather Effects is set to High or Ultra High.
Fix for Logitech G29 LED lights not functioning.
Fixed a problem where selected files were not opening in Steam Workshop at the start of a race.
Added Audio Accessibility option to the Advanced Audio Settings menu.
Fixed a problem where the turbo could be heard on stationary cars.
Further stability improvements

PS4 Patch Notes
Game Additions

Added the fuel remaining level next to the fuel mix setting in the MFD
Added the ability to chose whether to select a front wing change during pit stops
Added ability to alter fuel mix levels during the race start procedure.
Addedd braking telemetry to ghost car DRL within Time Trial
Added HUD area adjustment option.
PS4 - LIGHT BAR – Light bar now turns blue when blue flags are present and red for collisions

General Multiplayer

Players on pause during multiplayer races are now driven at the speed level of the chosen AI and ghost to avoid accidents.
Safety Car icon has been added to the mini map in online multiplayer races.
Fixed a hang where a user JIPs into a session as its transitioning to a race.
Fixed an issue where JIPing into a practice session, quitting and rejoining prevents the player from taking control of a car.
Fixed an issue where game assets fail to render correctly when a client spectates an ongoing multiplayer qualifying session.
Fixed an issue where the AI refused to overtake a paused player during online sessions
Added an icon next to the player nametag to indicate when the AI has taken control of another player in online multiplayer.
Fixed an issue where players could spawn in on top of each other on the grid if both players receive a 5 place grid penalty in practice
Fixed an issue with an incorrect position indicator on the formation lap after a driver is reset to grid.
Fixed an issue in multiplayer championship in which the client’s setup is forgotten after a reboot.
Fixed an issue where if a host left an OSQ session their ghost was the only vehicle visible for all clients and results were showing them in 1st place.
Multiplayer Championship – Auto save feature enabled when player client joins session.
Fixed an issue where accepting an invite on the race results was failing to take user into the game lobby.
Added option for clients to save Multiplayer Championship after host migration
Fixed an issue where an absent player vehicle was retiring at the start of a practice session, preventing the player dropping into multiplayer championships
Fixed an issue where drive through penalties were not being enforced after a Formation Lap
Fixed an issue where if a player quits/is disqualified from an online practice or longer qualifying session, many AI were not setting a lap time at all
Added ability to kick player in Online Championship if they don't have a vehicle.
Various other bug and stability fixes.

General Game
Fixed AI vehicles blocking cars on hot laps in qualifying and practice sessions.
Fixed AI vehicles suddenly moving off the inside line of corners and causing collisions
Improved AI ability to recover to track after being involved in crashes
Made changes to the AI to improve overtaking along straights.
Improved AI ability to race closer in corners without backing out of moves.
AI vehicles are now able to reliably keep within the Safety Car delta times.
Updated safety car release frequencies to result in SC being deployed more often.
Updated safety car severity release frequencies – More likely to be released for the more severe accidents.
Practice Sessions – Re-balanced tyre management tests.
Improved performance and framerate within the career mode hospitality suite.
Fixed an issue in qualifying where the player was given new vehicle for Q2 after terminally damaging their car during Q1.
Fixed a crash in a 100% race replay at Singapore.
Fixed an issue where drive through penalties were not being enforced after a Formation Lap.
Fixed an issue where marbles were not sticking to tyres when driving over them on the outside of corners.
Fixed sector times incorrectly displaying purple on the timings screen in practice and qualifying.
Fixed an exploit in full qualifying where you could move up the grid after Q1 by advancing to race.
Fixed an issue on the strategy screen where it was possible to leave a gap in the race strategy.
Fixed an issue where no response was heard after requesting driver in Front or driver behind status update.
Fixed an issue where time trial laps that were penalised are appearing as legitimate times. - Please note this requires a leaderboard wipe to remove penalised lap times.
Leaderboards now display total players and ranking position.
Fixed a crash when attempting qualification pace practice program in FP2 and FP3.
Fixed a crash when selecting flashback after entering the pits.
Stopped the game forcing players to serve stop-go penalties whilst under safety car conditions.
Altered formation lap start procedure so users do not think they are starting the race.
Season objectives for teams in career now update at the start of a new season depending on previous seasons performance.
MFD - Extended the strategy timer to 30 seconds.
Sparks VFX is now played for plank collisions with track surface.
BRAZIL - PIT LANE - Speed limit sign now matches 80Kph speed limit.
AUSTRALIA – Pit Lane – Speed limit sign and pit limit OSD now match at 60Kph
Stability improvements for all game modes.
Various other bug and graphical fixes
various audio issues fixed and re-balanced.
Further updates to name filter in career mode.
Dukester

Shonky

Post by Shonky »

Sounds like a good time to have another go at an F1 game, I don't think I've touched an F1 sim since Grand Prix 3 and the feedback you blokes are giving has certainly piqued my interest. :yes:
Enforcer-J

Post by Enforcer-J »

Its a great racer. I managed 39 laps of monaco last night before I did a Verstappen at the swimming pool. Strategy was intriguing and had some great AI battles. Easily the most immersive F1 game ive played
wabbit

Post by wabbit »

I don't know how long I can hold out for, you bastards :D