F1 2016

Discussion of F1, Dirt etc
r8response
Cry baby
Cry baby

Re: F1 2016

Post by r8response »

I do enjoy "telling" my engineer to shut up at times :D

Haven't been able to turn many laps recently.. New WoW Expansion and a 36 hr Migraine...
Exar Kun
Sensible Mick

Post by Exar Kun »

It pisses me off when my engineer comes on the radio during a qually lap or even worse a qually simulation!
"If we can hit that bull's-eye, the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate!"
Dr. Pain

Post by Dr. Pain »

I like this. Had a crack today and within 1/2 hours I felt good in it. Was driving Monza with no TC to get the hang of wheel spin out of the first chicane as well as high speed stuff. I saw on the pre race show for F1 the difference between the Merc drivers into Ascari and I was able to go through it in 5th, like Hamilton and it gave me a good run through and out of the turn. I really need to get a handle on wheel spin in low gears though. It does take off on you.

Is there any power unit control in this? Like for harvesting or deployment? I couldn't find any controls for it.
Minister for Religious Genocide.
r8response
Cry baby
Cry baby

Post by r8response »

Dr. Pain wrote:Is there any power unit control in this? Like for harvesting or deployment? I couldn't find any controls for it.
Only DRS.
Duke
Dukester Maldonado
Dukester Maldonado

Post by Duke »

Microsoft have released the new Codemasters update to the Xbox One version of F1 2016, bringing the game back up to par with its PC and PlayStation 4 counterparts.

In the new patch, Codemasters have again addressed a number of the more prominent issues within the game. Better multiplayer browsing and additional telemetry HUD options have been included, numerous game fixes and enhancements as well as the often discussed wiping of leader board times, following a fix aimed to resolve the legitimate laptime disqualification bug.

The full Xbox One patch notes can be seen below.

Game Additions
Added an option to search custom multiplayer sessions on Xbox One
Added the fuel remaining level next to the fuel mix setting in the MFD
Added the ability to chose whether to select a front wing change during pit stops
Added ability to alter fuel mix levels during the race start procedure.
Added braking telemetry to ghost car DRL within Time Trial
Added HUD area adjustment option.

General Multiplayer
Players on pause during multiplayer races are now driven at the speed level of the chosen AI and ghost to avoid accidents.
Safety Car icon has been added to the mini map in online multiplayer races.
Fixed a hang where a user JIPs into a session as its transitioning to a race.
Fixed an issue where JIPing into a practice session, quitting and rejoining prevents the player from taking control of a car.
Fixed an issue where game assets fail to render correctly when a client spectates an ongoing multiplayer qualifying session.
Fixed an issue where the AI refused to overtake a paused player during online sessions.
Added an icon next to the player nametag to indicate when the AI has taken control of another player in online multiplayer.
Fixed an issue where players could spawn in on top of each other on the grid if both players receive a 5 place grid penalty in practice
Fixed an issue with an incorrect position indicator on the formation lap after a driver is reset to grid.
Fixed an issue in multiplayer championship in which the client’s setup is forgotten after a reboot.
Fixed an issue where if a host left an OSQ session their ghost was the only vehicle visible for all clients and results were showing them in 1st place.
Multiplayer Championship – Auto save feature enabled when player client joins session.
Fixed an issue where accepting an invite on the race results was failing to take user into the game lobby.
Added option for clients to save Multiplayer Championship after host migration
Fixed an issue where an absent player vehicle was retiring at the start of a practice session, preventing the player dropping into multiplayer championships
Fixed an issue where drive through penalties were not being enforced after a Formation Lap
Fixed an issue where if a player quits/is disqualified from an online practice or longer qualifying session, many AI were not setting a lap time at all
Added ability to kick player in Online Championship if they don't have a vehicle.
Various other bug and stability fixes.

General Game
Fixed AI vehicles blocking cars on hot laps in qualifying and practice sessions.
Fixed AI vehicles suddenly moving off the inside line of corners and causing collisions
Improved AI ability to recover to track after being involved in crashes.
Made changes to the AI to improve overtaking along straights.
Improved AI ability to race closer in corners without backing out of moves.
AI vehicles are now able to reliably keep within the Safety Car delta times.
Updated safety car release frequencies to result in SC being deployed more often.
Updated safety car severity release frequencies – More likely to be released for the more severe accidents.
Practice Sessions – Re-balanced tyre management tests.
Improved performance and framerate within the career mode hospitality suite.
Fixed an issue in qualifying where the player was given new vehicle for Q2 after terminally damaging their car during Q1.
Fixed a crash in a 100% race replay at Singapore.
Fixed an issue where drive through penalties were not being enforced after a Formation Lap.
Fixed an issue where marbles were not sticking to tyres when driving over them on the outside of corners.
Fixed sector times incorrectly displaying purple on the timings screen in practice and qualifying.
Fixed an exploit in full qualifying where you could move up the grid after Q1 by advancing to race.
Fixed an issue on the strategy screen where it was possible to leave a gap in the race strategy.
Fixed an issue where no response was heard after requesting driver in Front or driver behind status update.
Fixed an issue where time trial laps that were penalised are appearing as legitimate times. - Please note this requires a leaderboard wipe to remove penalised lap times.
Leaderboards now display total players and ranking position.
Fixed a crash when attempting qualification pace practice program in FP2 and FP3.
Fixed a crash when selecting flashback after entering the pits.
Stopped the game forcing players to serve stop-go penalties whilst under safety car conditions.
Altered formation lap start procedure so users do not think they are starting the race.
Season objectives for teams in career now update at the start of a new season depending on previous seasons performance.
MFD - Extended the strategy timer to 30 seconds.
Sparks VFX is now played for plank collisions with track surface.
BRAZIL - PIT LANE - Speed limit sign now matches 80Kph speed limit.
AUSTRALIA – Pit Lane – Speed limit sign and pit limit OSD now match at 60Kph
Stability improvements for all game modes.
Various other bug and graphical fixes.
Various audio issues fixed and re-balanced.
Further updates to name filter in career mode
Dukester

norbs diplomacy lesson 101: "If I was putting words in your mouth, you'd know."
Duke
Dukester Maldonado
Dukester Maldonado

Post by Duke »

And in other F1 2016 news...
Codemasters have pretty much hit the nail on the head with F1 2016, releasing arguably the most impressive and feature complete instalment of the F1 series of games since taking over the official licence prior to the 2010 racing season. Hot on the heals of that sucsess, the British studio have announced plans to develop a paid F1 2016 app for iOS, tvOS and Android devices.

The recent Formula One share purchase by Liberty Media aside, the sport has often been slow to pick up on new media and public relations activities in its illustrious history, preventing the development and distribution of more innovative ways to tap into the wide global audience of racing fans whom may wish to consume more Formula One related content outside of Grand Prix weekends. Codemasters have done a reasonable job of feeding gamers FIFA like yearly releases, but activity in other areas has been sadly lacking with the Formula One licence. This is about to change as Codemasters very recently revealed the intention to develop and release a paid F1 2016 app for iOS, tvOS and Android devices, brining the officially licenced F1 games franchise to mobile devices for the first time.

Details of F1 2016 mobile game have yet to be revealed, however with the ever increasing development of such technologies the game shouldn't differ greatly from its PC and console cousins.

"Featuring all the official teams, drivers and circuits, including the brand new Baku City Circuit, from this exciting season, you’ll be able to enjoy the thrills of the world’s most popular motorsport, with console quality visuals that you can play wherever you are."
Dukester

Dr. Pain

Post by Dr. Pain »

All they need to do is make grid slots and pit stops manual and it would be one of the best F1 games released.
Scottie

Post by Scottie »

Yeah, would be really great if they were manual.

I had another career weekend over the.. weekend? Man, after the massively depressing first round in Melbourne, you really start to feel you can give it a good crack on the harder AI. I wish they balanced it out a bit more.

It could also be that I drove crap around AP, but it'd be a first! (putting the drumsticks away now)

Will be interesting to see how the rest of the season goes!
TIMMY30

Post by TIMMY30 »

Same happened to me. I got dominated at Melbourne. Came 20th in a toro rosso. Next race (bahrain i think it was) i won by over 15 seconds. Im playing on ps4 by the way. Quite difficult with a controller :(
Enforcer-J

Post by Enforcer-J »

I dare say tyre wear is more of an issue with a controller.

Each race the ai are a bit all over the place pace wise race to race which is a shame. Just means i can take it easy some races and have to push really hard at others. Ive found expert to be the most realistic for me
Duke
Dukester Maldonado
Dukester Maldonado

Post by Duke »

Codemasters have released PC Patch v1.5.0 for their F1 2016 title.
This relatively small patch contains updated vehicle appearances for the Mercedes, Red Bull, Ferrari, McLaren, Manor, Renault, Force India and Toro Rosso. Furthermore, it should improve game stability, improved multiplayer functionality and fix some graphical issues.
Early community feedback suggests the newest patch from Codemasters has brought performance issues to some players, it is advisable to contact Codemasters via their bug reporting forum if you experience these issues post update.

F1 2016 Game v1.5.0 Changelog:
Updated vehicle appearance for Mercedes, Red Bull, Ferrari, McLaren, Manor, Renault, Force India and Toro Rosso.
Made adjustments to relative performance of teams and drivers based upon 2016 results so far.
Stability improvements for all game modes
Various Multiplayer Fixes
Various graphical bug fixes
Various other bug fixes
Dukester

Enforcer-J

Post by Enforcer-J »

Have we got enough interest for a multiplayer bash sometime?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
Duke
Dukester Maldonado
Dukester Maldonado

Post by Duke »

More Fixes...
Codemasters have confirmed a new patch for the impressive F1 2016 title is due for release across all three platforms available for the game, bringing with it fixes to the frustrating crash bug and some multiplayer enhancements amongst other things.

F1 2016 Update 1.51 Patch Notes:
Fixed a crash loading specific mid-session saves from a previous version.
Fixed the LCD display on the steering wheel not always showing the current gear.
Fixed a multiplayer bug that would sometimes show players who pit under the safety car as being in first place which led to the queue breaking and penalties being awarded incorrectly.
Players who disconnect now behave like players who have paused, they will ghost and drive at the chosen AI difficulty level.
The session starts in countdown will no longer reset when a new player joins the lobby.
Fixed a number of crash bugs.
Dukester

Duke
Dukester Maldonado
Dukester Maldonado

Post by Duke »

Codemasters have launched a short online survey, as they look at ways to improve the game in future editions of the title. As an incentive to complete the brief questions, ten lucky submissions will be chosen at random to win sets of Formula One 2016 merchandise.

The survey asks some relatively innocent questions, such as ranking your preferred features from 1 - 9, however plenty of free text fields gives a good opportunity for fans to voice their opinion directly to the studio.

As an additional incentive, ten sets of F1 2016 t-shirts, posters and lanyards will be given out at random to users who submit a response and leave their email address at the end of the survey.

The F1 2016 Codemasters Survey can be accessed here - https://www.surveymonkey.co.uk/r/X55R9FC
Survey T&Cs - http://blog.codemasters.com/wp-content/ ... itions.pdf
Dukester

wabbit

Post by wabbit »

I thought that survey was quite well done. I'm really looking forward to the next iteration.
Duke
Dukester Maldonado
Dukester Maldonado

Post by Duke »

Codemasters have been at it again, this time bringing another update to the PC version of the Formula One 2016 game for Windows PC.
The sixth update to PC versions of the game brings with it new difficulty settings, text translation fixes, bug fixes and another attempt to resolve lingering crash bugs within the game. Although not the largest update to the title, the new 1.6.0 build does potentially contain some useful fixes and enhancements that should improve the experience for players of the game.
Following the 1.6.0 patch to PC versions of F1 2016, Codemasters have confirmed further console updates will be deployed in a "few more days at least".

F1 2016 Patch 1.6.0 Release Notes:
Added the Master difficulty option to bridge the gap between Expert and Legend.
Changed the tyre rules so the tyre you start the race on counts as a mandatory for the race.
Falling too far behind penalties will no longer be given after being told to overtake the Safety Car.
Corrected a few translation issues.
Fixed a bug that could occasionally cause race sessions to never end.
Dukester

wabbit

Post by wabbit »

Yes! Not sure where you blokes are but I'm a bit scared going to Legend. Hopefully they test this on PC and it comes to console afterwards.
Duke
Dukester Maldonado
Dukester Maldonado

Post by Duke »

Codemasters keep patching their F1 2016 Formula One game as a new update for the PC version of the title has been released.

Patch Notes v1.70
Added the Master difficulty option when starting a new Career and Championship Season. – New for v1.7.0
Changed the tyre rules so the tyre you start the race on counts as a mandatory for the race.
Falling too far behind penalties will no longer be given after being told to overtake the Safety Car.
Fixed a bug that could give players who rejoin a multiplayer session the wrong tyres. – New for v1.7.0
All cars now use the same gearbox when playing with Equal Performance. – New for v1.7.0
Nvidia Scalable Link Interface (SLI) performance improvements. – New for v1.7.0

While the PC version is live now and can new downloaded via Steam, the console versions are currently in different stages as the PS4 patch awaits certification from Sony while the Xbox One patch is still tested internally.
Dukester

Duke
Dukester Maldonado
Dukester Maldonado

Post by Duke »

After a considerable delay whilst the latest patch works its way through the Microsoft approvals process, build 1.7.0 has finally been released for F1 2016 on Xbox One, bringing the title in line with its PlayStation 4 and PC counterparts.
As with both updates for PC and PS4, the latest Xbox patch includes a number of fixes to niggling issues with the title as well as the inclusion of a new difficulty, adding 'Master' as a bridge between the Expert and Legend difficulty levels.

F1 2016 Xbox One Patch Notes:
Added the Master difficulty option when starting a new Career and Championship Season. - New for v1.7.0
Fixed a bug that could give players who rejoin a multiplayer session the wrong tyres. - New for v1.7.0
All cars now use the same gearbox when playing with Equal Performance. - New for v1.7.0
Nvidia Scalable Link Interface (SLI) performance improvements. - New for v1.7.0
Dukester

Duke
Dukester Maldonado
Dukester Maldonado

Post by Duke »

Been a while since I posted one of these but as Mexico is a new / re-introduction to the F1 race calendar I thought it worthy of posting.

Dukester

GT VIRUS
Karen

Post by GT VIRUS »

Duke wrote:Been a while since I posted one of these but as Mexico is a new / re-introduction to the F1 race calendar I thought it worthy of posting.

Apart from when they raced there last year?
w00dsy
The Senna of Hoppers Crossing

Post by w00dsy »

why did he do that right left right thing at the first corner?
Dr. Pain

Post by Dr. Pain »

This was a better layout :)

w00dsy
The Senna of Hoppers Crossing

Post by w00dsy »

That god damn first corner used to always make me feel like i'd gone in too fast then make me feel like I was too slow. I never seemed to get it right.
Jamo

Post by Jamo »

c**t of a circuit, after Bugatti the worst raced on that Season.

That being said. With the bare exception of Spa Lite shits all over from a great height any of the trumped up Kart tracks raced on these days.
I drink a great deal, I sleep a little and I smoke cigar after cigar. That is why I am in two hundred percent form - Sir Winston Churchill