F1 2016

Discussion of F1, Dirt etc
Dr. Pain

Re: F1 2016

Post by Dr. Pain »

It took me an age to get the first turn right in GPL only to nail those indestructible Mexican tyres on the exit of the left hand flick out :bang:

But having both games, I really do like the old version far better. The track is fine in F1 2016 but you have to get it right every lap and that stadium section is painful!
Minister for Religious Genocide.
Duke
Dukester Maldonado
Dukester Maldonado

Post by Duke »

Codemasters has released the IOS version of their F1 2016 title and so becoming the official mobile game of the 2016 FIA Formula One World Championship.

F1 2016 runs on all iOS 9 and iOS 10 devices. The mobile version is developed in partnership with Exient, who worked hard to let F1 2016 take advantage of the new A10 chip in the new iPhone 7 wich enables the game to render 1.4 million polygons on-screen while also applying an array of console-level post-processing effects and multi-sampling anti-aliasing.

The iOS version of F1 2016 is delivering “console quality visuals" says Ian Flatt, executive producer of the F1 games at Codemasters”.

Just as its big brothers on the PlayStation 4, Xbox One and Windows PC, the mobile game features all the official teams, drivers, and circuits, including the brand new Baku City Circuit, from this year’s Formula 1 season. F1 2016 Mobile boasts four game modes being , Quick race, Full season, Custom season and Time trial.

F1 2016 will also become available for Android devices and Apple TV in the coming weeks.
The iOS version of F1 2016 is available on iTunes for AUD$14.99.

Ian Flatt, Executive Producer at Codemasters commented
This version of F1 2016 has been developed specifically for mobile devices but continues to deliver a console quality experience in terms of gameplay and graphics. Every car model and every circuit has been optimised from the full console game to ensure the highest quality experience, and we have pushed the technology to the absolute limits.

Whether you want a quick race on your favourite circuit or an entire season of races containing practice sessions, qualifying and full length race sessions, it has been designed for playing on the go with flexible game modes that allow you to get straight into the action. The F1 2016 mobile game is great to play whether you are commuting, waiting for friends or sat at home on the sofa.

There are four different control schemes as well as a full suite of driver assists and in game options that let you create the experience that suits you,”
continued Ian.

Compatibility:
iOS 8.1 or later
iPhone 5s
iPhone 6
iPhone 6 Plus
iPhone 6s
iPhone 6s Plus
iPhone SE
iPhone 7
iPhone 7 Plus
iPad Air
iPad Air Wi-Fi + Cellular
iPad mini 2
iPad mini 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular
iPad Air 2
iPad Air 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular
iPad mini 3
iPad mini 3 Wi-Fi + Cellular
iPad mini 4
iPad mini 4 Wi-Fi + Cellular
12.9-inch iPad Pro
12.9-inch iPad Pro Wi-Fi + Cellular
9.7-inch iPad Pro
9.7-inch iPad Pro Wi-Fi + Cellular
iPod touch (6th generation)

Keep in mind that in order to install F1 2016 you will need 2.67GB of free space on your device.
Dukester

norbs diplomacy lesson 101: "If I was putting words in your mouth, you'd know."
Duke
Dukester Maldonado
Dukester Maldonado

Post by Duke »

Dukester

KNAPPO
Master artist
Master artist

Post by KNAPPO »

Sounds tight but $15 for a game that replicates the 2016 season which is now history seems a little steep for a mobile release.
Also makes it hard to justify when some of the reviews coming in say there is a lot of lag spiking.

Would be great if it was $5-10 ($10 is still too much given some of the feedback) get people interested for the 2017 release and get the product polished, but I guess Codies always release the current seasons game around mid year.

I wanted to get this one but I think ill wait to see if the price drops and they get the lag sorted out.
Life is hard...but, life is harder when you're dumb.
Duke
Dukester Maldonado
Dukester Maldonado

Post by Duke »

Codemasters rolled out the last ever patch for the PC version of their F1 2016 title. It can also easily be called the smallest Patch in the history of the F1 game franchise.
For quite a while the game was plagued by a nasty bug that resulted in tyre wear being incorrect following a pit stop. Codemasters have now addressed the problem and state they are fairly confident they have now identified the problem and fixed it.

Changelog:
Fixed tyre wear being incorrect following a pit stop
Dukester