F1 2017

Discussion of F1, Dirt etc
Big Kev
Clean as a Whistle
Clean as a Whistle

Re: F1 2017

Post by Big Kev »

woo! :)

Yeah time for a wheel but my PS4 is in the living room where I don't have a desk or anything to clamp a wheel to. I'd need to find one you can use on the sofa. If anyone knows a half decent one that won't break the bank I'd be grateful.
ARSE Biscuits! Driftu Kingu!
My Flickr Stream
Big Kev
Clean as a Whistle
Clean as a Whistle

Post by Big Kev »

China suited the controller better. Got pole... in a McLaren on inters :D

In the race I was leading Kimi by 3.5s with half a lap to go when I lost it on a corner and went wide and he got past. In a bid to get my first place back I banzai'd him on the last corner and got a 10s time penalty which bumped me to 4th! GAH!!!

They've also got the Honda crap reliability simulated ok. My ICE and Turbo are pretty much done with over 70% of their life gone and I've only had 2 races. You can swap the components round though so I'll stick the old ones in for practice and new ones for the race.

I've also started the R&D part going. You get 'credits' for certain achievements over the race weekend and you can cash those in for parts updates, durability, performance increases etc. It tells you how long the update will take and what race it will be ready for.

EDIT:
In the lead with 3 laps to go at Bahrain and my MGU-H went pop. So after 3 races I've now killed one turbo, one MGU-H, one ICE and one energy store! Bring on the grid penalties!
My Flickr Stream
Big Kev
Clean as a Whistle
Clean as a Whistle

Post by Big Kev »

Did Sochi last night.

Interesting track. The first half is quite fast and flowing and the end is very awkward slow 90deg corners.

Started on pole! Got a bad start and dropped to 6th in the opening stint, pitted and came out in 4th, got up to 1st again but finished 2nd to Bottas when he got me on DRS with 2 laps to go and I didn't quite have enough to get back past him.

Enjoying it so far. A couple of bits are frustrating. In order to develop the car you have to earn tokens by doing tasks in the practice sessions such as trying 2 different tyre sets, setting a PB in a sector, doing a qually run etc. But you don't earn much. I spent tokens early on and in the next 3 races I still haven't earned enough to even do one more development stage despite completing pretty much all of the set tasks. Also, doing the praccy tasks puts wear on the engine components so sooner or later I'm going to get grid penalties. I'm trying to put old bits back on for practice but every lap adds another few % to the life of the component so I'm on the 2nd and 3rd of several bits already. You're only allowed 6! I'd like to just do qually and the race but then I'd have no chance of getting quicker with development. Hopefully they'll rebalance the token system a little bit with one of the patches. From the forum they seem keen to roll out updates based on bug and feature reports.

You do get to drive the historic cars too without having to fork out extra cash. In between races there's an agent who has demo runs he wants you to do in his cars. These are usually simple tasks though. I had to do 3 laps of the A1 ring in less than 4m30s in the MP4/4 and I've had to pass 12 cars in 4 laps at Silverstone in Hill's '96 Williams. You get a choice of 2 tasks to try.
My Flickr Stream
Shaun

Post by Shaun »

I grabbed it. Chose the torro rosso. The wear is annoying i do the minimum in practice and race. Development is super slow i think you're expected to do 10 seasons though. Yeah right lol. Feels good on the g27 i enjoy it

Sent from my LG-H870DS using Tapatalk
Hello :aussie:
wabbit

Post by wabbit »

Regarding the experience points, 2016 made it too easy and a fully upgraded car was possible in the second season.

People cried saying if it's meant to be a ten season game why race passed the third. So they've gone the slower way this year.
w00dsy
The Senna of Hoppers Crossing

Post by w00dsy »

The menu system on this game is so annoying, F5 and F6 to go left and right through menus is weird. Physics are decent enough to make it fun though. But i tried to do a race at Suzuka in the McLaren MP4/4 and it was wet, and no matter whether i chose wet tyres or not i was sent out with dry tyres.
r8response
Cry baby
Cry baby

Post by r8response »

Art imitating life?

http://forums.codemasters.com/discussio ... nda-engine

Engine upgrades for the McLaren do NOTHING
Big Kev
Clean as a Whistle
Clean as a Whistle

Post by Big Kev »

My season is progressing well.

I'm spending my resources on durability as I currently have the pace to largely keep up. The parts aren't lasting long though. Already on number 3 or 4 of most components but I swap the old ones in for practice and go with the best for qually and the race.

After Sochi I did the Spanish GP......which I won!! :) It was pretty straightforward as I've played the track a lot on other games so knew it very well.

Monaco was a total disaster. It's just not really drivable on the controller as you can't easily adjust your turn in if you think you're too early or late. I'm not sure I managed a single lap when I didn't clip the front wing at least once. Started last and miles off the pace, lost my nose twice in the first 7 laps and then retired when I took a wheel off in to tabac!

Where I really cocked up at Monaco was that too late I realised that starting last I should have taken a 6th engine with all the bits for a grid penalty to increase my stock availability for later in the season.

Canada was another track I knew pretty well. Started on pole but lost a couple of places at the start and a couple of laps in I missed a braking point at the 2nd corner and went straight on and lost the nose. Got back to the pits for a new one, new super softs and rejoined in 19th. Pedal to the metal and lots of DRS got me back up to 3rd by the end.

Currently in the practice sessions at Azerbaijan. That's a tricky one as the braking points are not easy to work out and because you have a corner with a run off directly ahead of you it's not easy to actually spot where the corner is as the advertising hoardings all sort of blend together. It's taken me quite a while to learn the track. Hopefully do the race tonight but as practice stands I'm 3.5s off the front. I need to nail the braking points more as I'm losing too much time braking too early or late.

I'm currently 5th in the championship. Hamilton, Bottas and Vettel are separated by only 3 points. Then Kimi is about 30 behind then I'm 48 behind Hamilton. I've already trounced Vandoorne in my team rivalry and now I have a new rival of Sainz. Renault and Sauber are most keen to get my contract next season but I kind of want to stick with McLaren and see if it all comes good once I've got reliability up and a performance boost with the next developments :)
My Flickr Stream
w00dsy
The Senna of Hoppers Crossing

Post by w00dsy »

The Williams FW14 in the wet is some of the best controlled violence you can experience.

DexterPunk
Busted ARSE

Post by DexterPunk »

I'm very tempted. Is the career mode good? I so wish this was in VR, but willing to give it a go if it's a solid game.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
DexterPunk
Busted ARSE

Post by DexterPunk »

Curiosity got to me. Just bought it.

Big Kev
Clean as a Whistle
Clean as a Whistle

Post by Big Kev »

I finished 5th at Azerbaijan and then had a superb run winning Austria, Britain, Hungary, Belgium, Italy and Singapore all in a row. 5th at Malaysia, 3rd in Japan, 5th in the USa and I've just won Mexico having started 15th with a grid penalty for yet another MGU-H.

2 races to go and I'm leading the championship by 5pts from Kimi!!! (I think the authors like him as he does a lot better than real life) with Vettel another 3 points back and Hamilton now out of it 61 points behind me.

I have 290pts and my team mate Vandoorne is yet to score, as are both Saubers and Palmer.

Every team bar Merc and Ferrari are interested in me for next season :)
I've got some car development in the pipeline for the last 2 races but I might need another ICE for the last race. The component wear really hits performance by as much as 3-4s a lap so I've got a much better handle now on using the old bits for praccy and then slotting in new(er) components for qually and the race.

On to Brazil.....!
My Flickr Stream
Big Kev
Clean as a Whistle
Clean as a Whistle

Post by Big Kev »

Won Brazil after a dry start and a wet finish. Tricky as the rain started 3 laps before the pit window so needed it to get wet enough to swap to inters first or they would have worn out before I really needed them.

Won the final race in Abu Dhabi easily. My main championship rival Vettel started almost last. I guess the software isn't clever enough to work out the optimum way to use the engine components with minimal penalties so he must have had a grid full of new parts.

Won the title by 32 points from Kimi! Vettel was 8 further back. Hamilton was 105 behind me in 4th.

3rd in the constructors scoring all 340 points for the team making us 18 ahead of Red Bull and 100 behind Merc. Ferrari won the constructors by 165 points.

All the other 9 teams offered me a contract as a second driver but I'm staying with McLaren to do the job Alonso should have done and bring them back to greatness :D
My Flickr Stream
Big Kev
Clean as a Whistle
Clean as a Whistle

Post by Big Kev »

Won Brazil after a dry start and a wet finish. Tricky as the rain started 3 laps before the pit window so needed it to get wet enough to swap to inters first or they would have worn out before I really needed them.

Won the final race in Abu Dhabi easily. My main championship rival Vettel started almost last. I guess the software isn't clever enough to work out the optimum way to use the engine components with minimal penalties so he must have had a grid full of new parts.

Won the title by 32 points from Kimi! Vettel was 8 further back. Hamilton was 105 behind me in 4th.

3rd in the constructors scoring all 340 points for the team making us 18 ahead of Red Bull and 100 behind Merc. Ferrari won the constructors by 165 points.

All the other 9 teams offered me a contract as a second driver but I'm staying with McLaren to do the job Alonso should have done and bring them back to greatness :D
My Flickr Stream
DexterPunk
Busted ARSE

F1 2017

Post by DexterPunk »

If you won the title with McLaren I reckon you prob need up the AI. At the moment I'm finishing top 10 with McLaren and I still feel like that's unrealistic and need to turn it up.

Big Kev
Clean as a Whistle
Clean as a Whistle

Post by Big Kev »

Yeah I do but I always find I'm not as good as a lot of people on these games. Often people say oh yeah I'm winning easy with AI on max and I'd be 30s a lap off the pace of that. Also I'm on the controller not a wheel so it's a fair bit harder. On the race I've won, bar a couple, I've only just won it by a second or so. My pole's were by less than 0.5s in a lot of cases. I'll see how the first few races of season 2 go and up the speed if necessary. It's not fun to win by miles although I did at Abu Dhabi. I almost had a pitstop in hand, but I did find a couple of tracks where the AI were slow in a certain section that in fact I could absolutely monster and as a result you can make up massive amounts of time.
My Flickr Stream
wabbit

Post by wabbit »

40 days and it’s been discounted.
Duke
Dukester Maldonado
Dukester Maldonado

Post by Duke »

The long awaiting livery update for F1 2017 is here, and Codemasters have bundled together plenty of extra content and features to boot....
Build update version 1.9 has been released to Steam for the latest Grand Prix game from Codemasters, updating F1 2017 with plenty of new features and fixes as well as the long awaiting livery update to this years field of Formula One cars.
Titled 'F1 2017 Sports Update', the new build is a very nice and well stocked improvement to what is seen by many as the finest Codemasters Formula One release since taking over the licence in time for the 2010 Formula One season.
Now to confuse things a little Codemasters have done something a bit different, Build 1.8 will be released on console "very soon", whilst PC players will get build 1.9 imminently. The difference? PC will get all the goodies of 1.8 on PS4 and Xbox One, but with some additional eSport improvements as mentioned later in this article. Fear not console players, these improvements will also be deployed to your gaming platform of choice at a later date.
Spectator Mode will bring a few new improvements seen below, with the intention of providing some more information to broadcasters running various leagues and live streams of the game.
- gap to the race leader
- gap to the car ahead or behind
- positions lost or gained
- fastest lap times
- current tyre compound
- in the pits
- number of pit stops
According to Codemasters "As a spectator, you’ll be able to control what information is shown. You’ll also be able to see live timing for the car you’re spectating, fastest laps, as well as sector specific yellow flags. If you don’t want to see any of this information as a spectator, though, you will be able to disable (or enable!) as you please". All very nice to hear.

Build 1.9 Update Notes
New Features

New Spectator UI has been added to game.
LAN Mode has been added to PS4 and PC versions.
New Grid editor available in custom multiplayer modes.
Photo Mode is now available on PS4 & Xbox One.
Sports Update – Updated car and driver liveries.
Sports Update – Updated car performance levels.

Bug Fixes
Fixed an issue where continuing an online championship resulted in a crash.
Fixed an issue in multiplayer where blue flags were occurring at the start of a race once - OSQ had finished.
Fixed issue where players could be disqualified at the end of a race if they were disqualified during the formation lap.
Fixed an issue in Multiplayer where the player position panel was showing incorrect positions when the spectating qualifying sessions.
Fixed a multiplayer issue where players were starting a race in the wrong cars after OSQ if host migration had occurred.
Fixed an issue where using an instant replay in practice and qualifying could cause the tyre models on all cars to disappear.
Fixed an issue with a flickering skybox during dynamic weather events.
Fixed an issue with lod popping on drivers heads when looking backwards with the camera during a race.
Fixed an issue where changing display resolution or Alt-Tabbing during gameplay caused severe lighting and graphical issues.
Fixed an issue where a white object was clipping through the players helmet.
Fixed an issue where tabbing out during a race in heavy rain caused water kick-up to stop working.
Fixed an issue with incorrect car images being shown in the standings screen after resuming a classic championship.
Fixed an issue where Jeff repeated that he didn’t receive your last message.
Fixed an issue where Jeff would use the wrong VO lines when requesting to box this lap pitting during practice programs.
Fixed an audio issue with the end of race commentary incorrectly stating a SC made an impact in the race after only a VSC was used in race.
Improved AI drivers ability when defending the inside line.
Improvements to AI pace balance between qualifying and race sessions.
AI Difficulty is now applied correctly in multiplayer sessions.
AI will now pit under the SC for optimal strategy instead of waiting for the SC to go in.
Player no longer told to catch SC when leading the race and already behind the SC.
Fixed an issue where the AI attempts to overtake a player with FW damage under SC conditions and then receive no penalties.
Increased the likelihood of SC & VSC periods occurring in online championships.
Fixed an issue where double points were being awarded for the AI when a player retired with terminal damage.
In career mode players can now use the laptop and not lose the opportunity to compete in a invitational event.
Fixed an issue which could show incorrect development time in weeks on R&D parts.
Driver number No 1 appears on car instead of 0 after winning drivers championship.
Fixed an issue where stop-go penalties could be ignored without receiving a penalty.
Achievement / Trophy – Up to Eleven will now unlock correctly.
Added the 2nd DRS detection zone to Baku and updated track map video.
Added pre-set controls for Heusinkveld pedals.
Fixed an issue where the Thrustmaster TX wheel was displaying Xbox Icons for all rim presets.
Fixed an issue where gearbox wear would stay at 0% when using no assists and manual gears during a 100% race weekend.
Fixed an issue where tyre allocations were defaulting to balanced after returning to weekend set-up screen.
Rebalanced medium traction control performance.
Fixed an issue with the ‘Find Me’ button on the leaderboard scrolling 100 places rather than to the player’s position.
Fixed an issue where Sauber and Mercedes were always the most interested teams when reputation levels are maxed out.
Various other fixes and improvements.
Dukester

norbs diplomacy lesson 101: "If I was putting words in your mouth, you'd know."
Duke
Dukester Maldonado
Dukester Maldonado

Post by Duke »

Codemasters Deal this weekend, there is also 10% off if you buy the full F1 franchise bundle.
CMF1.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Dukester

Duke
Dukester Maldonado
Dukester Maldonado

Post by Duke »

Codemasters have deployed update patch V1.11 for the PC, Xbox One, and PlayStation 4 version of their official F1 2017 Formula One World Championship game.

This new patch addresses various issues causing the game would crash. Furthermore, the update also updates the McLaren’s overall performance and changes the way the McLaren teammate handles his upgrades.

V1.11 Changelog:
McLaren performance update in order to negate the effects of the “team-mate bug” in Career mode.
A frequent network crash
Crash when entering Multiplayer having played Time Trial.
Crash when re-entering Multiplayer after having disconnected via Ethernet.
Crash when loading into a post-race career hub with a specific save game.
Dukester

Big Kev
Clean as a Whistle
Clean as a Whistle

Post by Big Kev »

Glad the McLaren bug has been fixed. Vandoorne has been the Jolyon Palmer in my team for 3 seasons!!!
My Flickr Stream
Duke
Dukester Maldonado
Dukester Maldonado

Post by Duke »

The RaceSim hoarder in me is tempted...
F1-2017.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Dukester

Duke
Dukester Maldonado
Dukester Maldonado

Post by Duke »

On sale again...
F1 2017.JPG
Dukester

pixelboy

Post by pixelboy »

Apparently F1 2015 is free on steam ATM!
eek
Cursed

Post by Cursed »

pixelboy wrote:Apparently F1 2015 is free on steam ATM!
confirmed
Image[url=steam://friends/add/76561197962772149]Image[/url]