Gran Turismo 5

All GT discussion
MADCAP

Re: Gran Turismo 5

Post by MADCAP »

NeilPearson wrote:I have them to.

the 787b is quicker than the R10 around the Top Gear Test Track.

Thats a fail right there.

im making a wesbite, which will eventually have all the times i do around the top gear track.

its rubbish, as i have the html skills of a carrot, so bear with it.

http://neil.gpm2world.com/index.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Ever thought of a blog design is already created and you can add photos aswell, try http://www.blogspot.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; I have used it many times for my Rc nitro racing: http://motonica.blogspot.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Just a thought
+ Current Ride 2016 Ducati 959 Panigale + 2016 TONY KART 401 X30 IAME + Santa Cruz Bronson V3 CC X01 +
TIMMY30

Post by TIMMY30 »

Reppo are you finished the enduro's already? :fall:
Brett_S

Post by Brett_S »

Almost got enough money to buy the 787B - are you guys getting it from the Mazda dealer or is it coming up in the used section?

Or should I get the R10?

I did see a McLaren GTR in the used section and sold a few cars to get enough money to buy it but they declined as I wasn't level 22.... had to lol at that :D
This is the way the world works, if you want want to find some quality friends you have to wade through all the d**ks first - Eric Cartman
SE1Z

Post by SE1Z »

http://www.gtplanet.net/gran-turismo-5- ... o-premium/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
In the latest issue of Japanese gaming magazine Famitsu (via AndriaSang), Kazunori Yamauchi has revealed that [at least some of] GT5’s “standard” cars will be upgraded to “premium” models in future updates to the game. This is good news for many fans who may have initially been disappointed their favorite car didn’t get the “premium” treatment (with a more detailed 3D model and interior view), though we still don’t know, of course, which or how many models will actually be upgraded:

Gran Turismo 5 has a mix of gloriously detailed “premium” cars and less detailed “standard cars.” In an interview with Famitsu this week, Polyphony prez Kazunori Yamauchi reveals that there are plans in place to upgrade the standard cars to premium status.

The interview also sheds some light on the upcoming late December update, it seems. I’ll hopefully be getting a look at the interview for myself shortly and will report back if there’s anything else.

:D
Steve
---
c.j
Midget Wanker

Post by c.j »

Oops Brett, I haven't sold any cars yet but have been caught out when I go to buy a car and it tells me I am too "green" to own it.

I am only upto level 20. Kind of enjoying taking my time with it. I did the IA licences yesterday, IA-10 was a hoot. Took me a few goes to get it because I kept sliding the Lambo into the "enemy".
But after getting it I had to go and buy a Gallardo. I am smitten, probably the most fun I have had in a game with any type of car. I took it straight to the tuning shop and also kitted it out with the Lambo optional aero package. (Yes I bought the big wing, but it makes the car easier to stay ahead of)

Pics here - viewtopic.php?f=87&t=15193&p=275255#p275255" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

That is a lot of coin to spend on a car Knappo, I haven't even cracked the mill yet. Although spending $240 odd K on a Kubelwagon didn't help, lol
Image[url=steam://friends/add/76561198089849481]Image[/url]

;)
Exar Kun
Sensible Mick

Post by Exar Kun »

c.j wrote: That is a lot of coin to spend on a car Knappo, I haven't even cracked the mill yet. Although spending $240 odd K on a Kubelwagon didn't help, lol
You know you get one for free for winning one of the early series don't you? Perhaps not. :p :D
"If we can hit that bull's-eye, the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate!"
MADCAP

Post by MADCAP »

Brett_S wrote:Almost got enough money to buy the 787B - are you guys getting it from the Mazda dealer or is it coming up in the used section?

Or should I get the R10?

I did see a McLaren GTR in the used section and sold a few cars to get enough money to buy it but they declined as I wasn't level 22.... had to lol at that :D
Hey Mate, you want it under the BRAND NEW section in Dealership - Just wait till you get then stab a bigger turbo and soft racing tyres and go hit Nurburgring - O MY LORD!!!!!!
+ Current Ride 2016 Ducati 959 Panigale + 2016 TONY KART 401 X30 IAME + Santa Cruz Bronson V3 CC X01 +
KNAPPO
Master artist
Master artist

Post by KNAPPO »

Exar Kun wrote:
c.j wrote: That is a lot of coin to spend on a car Knappo, I haven't even cracked the mill yet. Although spending $240 odd K on a Kubelwagon didn't help, lol
You know you get one for free for winning one of the early series don't you? Perhaps not. :p :D
Are you referring to the 787B Mick? I haven't won one or seen one on the lists published of what you do win for certain series.
Took me about 3-4 days to save for cj doing some of the extreme series over and over. Nascar was paying out just over 400k for 5 races with the season bonus so did that event a fair few times.
Life is hard...but, life is harder when you're dumb.
Exar Kun
Sensible Mick

Post by Exar Kun »

KNAPPO wrote:
Exar Kun wrote:
Are you referring to the 787B Mick? I haven't won one or seen one on the lists published of what you do win for certain series.
Took me about 3-4 days to save for cj doing some of the extreme series over and over. Nascar was paying out just over 400k for 5 races with the season bonus so did that event a fair few times.
Nah, just the Kubelwagen - 240,000 on one of those seems a bit crazy!:tilt:
"If we can hit that bull's-eye, the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate!"
SE1Z

Post by SE1Z »

FREE downloads: 3 Chromeline cars - available at Christmas!

http://www.andriasang.com/e/blog/2010/1 ... onus_cars/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Sony has some sweet Christmas presents on the way for Gran Turismo 5 players. Owners of the recent racer can look forward to three free downloadable cars: the Lamborghini Murciélago LP 640, the BMW M3 Coupe, and the Jaguar-XJ13. These cars have seen design arrangements by Polyphony and fall under the "Chrome Line" series.
The cars will be distributed through PlayStation Store from December 24 through January 31. Anyone with GT5 will be able to make the download for free.

Sweeeeeet! :D :yes:
Steve
---
c.j
Midget Wanker

Post by c.j »

Nice find dude, i'll be down for that action.

;)
ReppohC

Post by ReppohC »

KNAPPO wrote:Just made Lv25 and unlocked the enduros.

This will take a while to complete...

Grand Valley 300km LV 25
Roadster 4-Hour Endurance LV 26
Laguna Seca 200 Miles LV 27
Indy 500 LV 28
Suzuka 1000km LV 30
Nurburgring 4-Hour Endurance LV 32
Tsukuba 9-Hour Endurance LV 33
24 Hours of Le Mans LV 35
24 Hours of Nurburgring LV 40

But, Reppo how on earth did you plow you way thru this lot so fast mate :fall:
Well I streamlined my approach to the game - started with licence tests, challenges, once you gold all them your level 20 something so then I started the extreme races. Did Like the Wind got a MINOLTA and then used that to do the dream world championship. I still haven't finished any of the amatuar or professional races - I will do that all later. After that I did the Daytona 10 lap race (gets you 9861 xp for about 6 minutes - best xp/minute) until you get to level 25 then you do the endurance races and that race until you get to level 28... THEN you do the Indy 500 5 or 6 times and you get to level 30. Somepoint after 3 hours of refreshing the used car lot you buy a Formula 1 car and do the Formula GT series. After your level 30 you do the SV challenge and once you gold it you are level 34 (you get about 3 million xp per challenge). I'm currently 2 hours into the Tsukuba 9 hour endurance... 220 laps down and I'm infront by 90 :D :rofl: This is a little absurd but I'm planning on pulling over with 3 hours to go and letting the clock expire. I should be level 35-36 after that, then I plan to attack the first 24 hour race when I go on holidays from work. Probably do it over 6 days depends how much I can be arsed.

The secret is PIP. I've watched 3 seasons of 30 rock, a season Sons of Anarchy, all the current tv shows coming out (Dexter, Family Guy, blah blah,...), and then a few movies along the way. Pretty much I've multi-tasked my way to this point. I would have died of bordom if I didnt,... If your not playing GT while watching tv or using a computer then your not making very efficient use of your time!
c.j
Midget Wanker

Post by c.j »

Christ Rep, I could be playing this for the next year and not do all that, lol.

Top effort mate. :yes:

;)
ReppohC

Post by ReppohC »

LOL I have just discovered the most awesome bug... IVE GOT THE AI DRIVING FOR ME IN A 9 HOUR RACE!!! I went into pit entry so the AI took over but then the AI lost control and exited the pits. NOW THE AI IS DRIVING! LOL. 308 laps down but Im worried I wont get control again? I bloody hope the AI pits....

EDIT: OK the AI is now on lap 370 and has not pitted. He has no tyres, no fuel, and is doing 80 km/h laps (very consistent 1:33.5s). Looks like he will do a 4 hour stint on no fuel and no tyres :rofl: :rofl:

HOWS this though;
I have exactly 4 hours to go. In that 14400 seconds my car will do 154 laps (I DONT HAVE TO PIT AGAIN I GUESS?). I am 83 laps ahead of 2nd place. 2nd place is lapping at 60-61 seconds per lap. So they will do 236 to 240 laps in the same amount of time. They will have to pit so they will probably lose 1 or 2 laps worth of time. -> 235 to 239 laps.

Putting all that together - I have 154 laps + 83 laps = 237 laps left... that is, the ai has to do 237 laps to beat me. Which falls smack bang in the number of laps I expect the AI to do! This is going to be freakin' tight! Whats the bet the last lap, last corner the AI overtakes me?
nutty
Spam King
Spam King

Post by nutty »

http://www.gtplanet.net/gran-turismo-5- ... xt-update/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
c.j
Midget Wanker

Post by c.j »

Should have been included from the get go, but cheers for the link Nutty.

;)
GT VIRUS
Karen

Post by GT VIRUS »

Man the Minolta-Toyota is a beast! Will grip till the end of time
Dan
Wobbly2.0

Post by Dan »

Thanks for the collectors cars PD :fall: Just give them out for free at Christmas time why don't you.
The Todd Norbury appreciation society
ReppohC

Post by ReppohC »

The way I interpret that is "You will now have an option to restart your replay from the beginning instead of having to go back a menu". I hope I'm wrong because the experience would be so much better with a Fast foward and Rewind - but if they could do it they would have done it is my feeling.

Also, my A-Spec AI driver managed to do a 5 hour stint on one set of tyres and one tank of gas - talk about economy! Ended up winning by 7 laps thank god. 24 hour race begins tonight!
GT VIRUS
Karen

Post by GT VIRUS »

I'm putting my B-spec guy through the F1 championship, and i dont know what happened, but it appears i fired B.Senna and brought A.Senna back from the dead. He is making agressive passes (and making them stick), he is way faster than the rest of the field. This isnt the guy who's been babysitted through Mazda races, i dont know where he went, but may he never come back!

*edit* he just passed 2 cars around the outside of T1 at indy! this is accually a joy to watch
ysu
Smooth Lubricator.

Post by ysu »

GT VIRUS wrote:I'm putting my B-spec guy through the F1 championship, and i dont know what happened, but it appears i fired B.Senna and brought A.Senna back from the dead. He is making agressive passes (and making them stick), he is way faster than the rest of the field. This isnt the guy who's been babysitted through Mazda races, i dont know where he went, but may he never come back!

*edit* he just passed 2 cars around the outside of T1 at indy! this is accually a joy to watch
You lucky bastard! My guys usually just leave the door open while doing snail-pace through the corners...so they are getting passed by anyone with half a brain. :lol:
Surprise, no sig. Now there is. Or is there?
c.j
Midget Wanker

Post by c.j »

What sort of guys did you pick?

My first one, I.Harvey (my uncles name), I went with hot headed but good mental strength and braking.
Second one, T.Mosley, I went for cool headed, balanced physical, mental and braking ability.

Harvey is a stress grenade, but quicker than Mosley and actually goes back to a cooler headspace quicker. Doesn't panic in traffic, in the context of the AI.
Mosley is cool in traffic, but doesn't like someone sitting on his rear bar. Is quicker to respond to an overtake command and seems to hand FF and MR cars a lot better, but FR he is a disaster. I spent about 20mins setting up a 240Z for him because in stock form he keep losing it at Tsukuba, waiting for everyone to pass him and doing about 4-6 reverse donuts to get it back on track. In the words of James May "COCK!"

;)
ysu
Smooth Lubricator.

Post by ysu »

1st was a cool guy, good speed and mental/physical strength. He's still useless at lvl 12
the other two are a bit of hotheads, first is average-sort, he's not bad
third guy is very good at cornering, and it shows.
Surprise, no sig. Now there is. Or is there?
KNAPPO
Master artist
Master artist

Post by KNAPPO »

Ive had a few wet races in the dream car series today.

As you can see its raining in the pre race screen ive made sure i put my wet boots on. At the end of lap 1 the ai all pour into the pits to do the same.... no idea why they dont put the wets on before the race starts. :melt:
Life is hard...but, life is harder when you're dumb.
c.j
Midget Wanker

Post by c.j »

Gee thats pretty poor form. Way to go PD. :rolleyes:

;)