Gran Turismo 5

All GT discussion
Enforcer-J

Re: Gran Turismo 5

Post by Enforcer-J »

I'm a bit let down by the game, i haven't played any of the series since Gt1 and apart from online play it isn't really any different. And the lack of enthusiasm for organised online racing here and elsewhere leaves nothing much left for me. The single player racing is boring, linear and pointless except for buying new cars and repeating the dullness. Now if I could customize my own championships atleast I could get a bit more enjoyment out of it.
c.j
Midget Wanker

Post by c.j »

Fair points Maddo, I have been running A-Spec single make races too keep me occupied. At least I can control the advantage of thought when competing against the AI by putting on tyres with less grip etc.
Image[url=steam://friends/add/76561198089849481]Image[/url]

;)
wabbit

Post by wabbit »

Just two 3rds of a level to go till... Fin.
c.j
Midget Wanker

Post by c.j »

repost?

[youtube] [/youtube]

;)
richo

Post by richo »

Thats awesome !

How in God's name does he do that, i can't string two corners together but i am using the pad.
[]D [] []v[] []D
NeilPearson
Prize Winning ARSE

Post by NeilPearson »

Oh god that music :\

he has awesome car control :D
Sambo
Horse
Horse

Post by Sambo »

richo wrote:Thats awesome !

How in God's name does he do that, i can't string two corners together but i am using the pad.

Here's the kicker, its a girl doing that! Not a guy!

You go Girlfriend! :rara: :rara: :rara:
ysu
Smooth Lubricator.

Post by ysu »

richo wrote:Thats awesome !

I'd suggest using crappy rear tyres and sport slicks on the front is a start...you may also have to heat up the rears before going for it.
but the girl can float! I mean drift! :D
Surprise, no sig. Now there is. Or is there?
wabbit

Post by wabbit »

Tonight I got given the Endurance Series Complete and Expert Manager trophies. My B-Spec is run in finished.

Which I received a McLaren MP4-12C and another Formula GT. Not much for a full weeks worth of B-Spec racing (Lvl 35 to 40).
c.j
Midget Wanker

Post by c.j »

And I can't even get the Formula GT yet! fark!!!!! Not that I have time to be racing right now anyway, but still!

;)
Speed

Post by Speed »

wabbit wrote:Tonight I got given the Endurance Series Complete and Expert Manager trophies. My B-Spec is run in finished.

Which I received a McLaren MP4-12C and another Formula GT. Not much for a full weeks worth of B-Spec racing (Lvl 35 to 40).
Well done.

I was looking at the trophies thing yesterday, can you view which trophies you have earned? I've not taken any notice of them 'til now.
http://500px.com/Warren_Joyce" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
wabbit

Post by wabbit »

Speed wrote:can you view which trophies you have earned?
Not sure, I managed to notice them flash up for a moment. *edit* Actually I've got some tips about "past their prime" drivers and enduro races.

By the time you get to the enduro races you might have one or two drivers that just ain't what they used to be... Its a blessing, use and abuse those drivers for every race. Because with a fast car (ie: X2010 or Formula GT) they can't loose anyway. Theres no point killing all of your 6 drivers.

And never set a Pit Strategy either. Let the tyres or fuel dictate when drivers should swap. I nearly lost the 9hr enduro not because the Formula GT car wasn't quick enough but because each drivers strength takes a long time to fill up. So my guys would pit every 3 lap and at the 8 the hour mark I was down to 9th place.

Turned that shit off and managed my driver to push hard and over take... watching the time run down... lap after lap... it was actually exciting to watch that race. I won by 3 laps ha.
Rots
DiscoStu
DiscoStu

Post by Rots »

Speed wrote:
wabbit wrote:Tonight I got given the Endurance Series Complete and Expert Manager trophies. My B-Spec is run in finished.

Well done.

I was looking at the trophies thing yesterday, can you view which trophies you have earned? I've not taken any notice of them 'til now.
You can view them through the XMB. Under Game open up Trophy Collection.

Or, by signing in at http://au.playstation.com
Speed

Post by Speed »

Great, thanks.
wabbit

Post by wabbit »

Nice drift setup for the Nissan Silvia Spec-R RM: After the race modification add a Stage 3 turbo and Rigidity. From memory it outputs 410~bhp.

Aero: F: 20 / R: 20
Max speed: 270 kph
LSD: 19/45/40
Height: F: -25 / R: -25
Spring Rate: F: 9 / R: 6
Dampers (Ext): F: 6 / R: 3
Dampers (Comp): F: 6 / R: 3
Roll Bars: F: 6 / R: 3
Camber: F: 2.5 / R: 5
Toe: F: 0 / R: 0
Brakes: F: 5 / R: 7

I'm using the controller and its now nice and easy to slide away. The setup had Comfort: Hard tyres but I found them far to slippery. I'm really happy with Sport: Medium as they cool down quickly and provide enough grip/control.
richo

Post by richo »

Is not so popular as it was?
[]D [] []v[] []D
Enforcer-J

Post by Enforcer-J »

Who wants to buy my copy? Swap for F1 2010? :)
Bauer

Post by Bauer »

richo wrote:Is not so popular as it was?
I bought a new monitor so I could play this on my desktop.

Love the monitor, makes iRacing better. Not playing GT5. Maybe I will get into it one day.
--------------
Stu
Big Kev
Clean as a Whistle
Clean as a Whistle

Post by Big Kev »

I picked this up tonight.

Not bad so far.
Took nearly an hour to install.

I got my garage started with an MX-5 which was the best of a bad bunch of those available.

Then dived straight in to the driving licenses.

Got all the first 10 B's. Most were pretty easy. I think I only missed gold on 3 or 4. Not bad for using the controller :)
The ghost is a bit of a cheat though. It's the replay of your first time when you got the previous cup and not your PB time so it's a lot harder to nick a tenth or so to get the next cup as you don't have a good reference because it can easily be a second down on your current PB.

Did the first 2 or 3 A licenses as well.

I also did the two go kart special races. Easy enough again. I got disqualified on the first go, 6th on the second and won by 7s on the 3rd :)
Won the second race at the second attempt.

Then I tried the nascar slipstreaming ones. The first was easy but I'm a bit stuck on the second at the moment.

Overall, not too bad. Plenty to do and i'm on level 7 or 8 so far so plenty available in the garage when I get to that.
ARSE Biscuits! Driftu Kingu!
My Flickr Stream
Speed

Post by Speed »

Big Kev wrote: It's the replay of your first time when you got the previous cup and not your PB time
When you do a PB, let the game go 'til it resets the challenge. Your new ghost replay will be your PB.
Big Kev
Clean as a Whistle
Clean as a Whistle

Post by Big Kev »

Must admit I've got bored of GT5 quite quickly.

I've done almost all of the licenses and got half a million quid in the bank pretty much from doing that alone and I'm up to level 16 I think. So there's no battle to scrape enough cash to get some second hand NSX or something so I can do a particular race and then scrape 4th to get enough money to slap a turbo on and then try to win it. I can just buy something that will win outright and still have change.

I've done some of the special challenges but they're not too thrilling. The karting ones are easy. The TG track ones are a bit harder but mainly because the Elise feels like it handles all wrong to me but it's still doable. The nurby ones are ok.

I bought a golf gti and did 2 or 3 amateur races and didn't have much trouble winning them.

I kind of get the feeling GT has run out of ideas.
ARSE Biscuits! Driftu Kingu!
My Flickr Stream
Nigel
Stupid Retard
Stupid Retard

Post by Nigel »

Hate the licences, Never got passed the C licence. Driving the crap Ferrari around rome is one thing, but the slightest love tap and you get DQed. That would be ok, but the other cars tend not to know where you are and hit you and its game over man. Game over. Rather annoying that.
Flickr Gallery
Fourth Photography
"There is nothing funny about a clown in the moonlight." - Lon Chaney, Sr.
Pinger$

Post by Pinger$ »

After all the crappy, nonsensical, slow to load menus, the AI is definitely piss flavoured icing on the poo cake.
Luigi only likes Ferraris.
Exar Kun
Sensible Mick

Post by Exar Kun »

Having a look back at the game now, it really just didn't bring enough new stuff to the table. My initial goal was to have a little fun and own all the BMWs... Well it took me bugger all playing to do that. The AI needed to be a hell of a lot better with less spread out races to make the single player game truly enjoyable and not just a grind.
"If we can hit that bull's-eye, the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate!"
Rots
DiscoStu
DiscoStu

Post by Rots »

I still play it maybe 2 - 3 times a week. The menus and slow loading time still annoy me.

I mostly just complete the seasonal events and am collecting all the pre 1970's cars. I love cars from the 60's and mostly just restore them by engine/body rebuild, oil change and then flog them in stock form. So far the E-type Jag is by far the best I've driven for the old classic's. Anything Japanesse in the 60's is just to slow, but fun can be had.

Other than that, I have no interest in completeling licences but I wouldn't mind completing some more of the endurances races... just gotta find the right time to start them!