ARSE GT5 League

All GT discussion
Rots
DiscoStu
DiscoStu

Re: ARSE GT5 League

Post by Rots »

I've raced with holden_boy, a few nights back. He he is a friend of an ARSE member. Seemed like a decent dude. :)

I had a go at the combo the other night. It's OK with PS3 controller, little hard to not get power oversteer on corner exit though. I use ABS 3 setting which seems to work for me with braking. No other aids of course.

Not the biggest fan of this car/track, but I'll be having a go anyway. The car feels like a typical yank tank... sluggish (despite the big V8) and handles like a tug boat. The standard gear ratio's are horrible!! If this is how the car drives in the real world, I'd be ripping it to shreads.
Enforcer-J

Post by Enforcer-J »

Are we allowed to use ABS? I vote yes :)
ysu
Smooth Lubricator.

Post by ysu »

Enforcer-J wrote:Are we allowed to use ABS? I vote yes :)
I'm sure we are.

by the way I agree with Exar; I'm not a fan of the combo either, as good as the prev combo was, this tank is a bit ill-suited for this track.
(and it buggers me how inaccurate the track is, after driving the 'real deal' in iR, lol)
Surprise, no sig. Now there is. Or is there?
KNAPPO
Master artist
Master artist

Post by KNAPPO »

ysu wrote:(and it buggers me how inaccurate the track is, after driving the 'real deal' in iR, lol)
I hear ya mate but have you driven around Monarco. Thats one of the worst versions of Monarco i can recall. Its almost twice the track width compared to F1-2010.
Life is hard...but, life is harder when you're dumb.
SE1Z

Post by SE1Z »

Might have to skip this one tonight lads :(

Not getting home until late and by the time I cook and eat dinner, I think I'll miss the start...
Will try my best though.

Gotta say, this car is a POS!
haha
It is gutless, hard to pull up and only likes going in a straight line!
Typical yank tank I guess... should make for some interesting racing, especially under brakes :yes:
Steve
---
nutty
Spam King
Spam King

Post by nutty »

Yea i drove it and didnt really like it either.. too late to change lol..

prehaps we could just put better tires on it?
Rots
DiscoStu
DiscoStu

Post by Rots »

nutty wrote:Yea i drove it and didnt really like it either.. too late to change lol..

prehaps we could just put better tires on it?
Yeah, maybe go Sports Medium or Soft?

I guess it's never going to be as good to drive as the Evo's though. They were fun to throw around and responsive, whereas anything American needs to be driven in a special way... slow and lazy.
nutty
Spam King
Spam King

Post by nutty »

Will sports soft last the laps? if so ill go that
Ur_MumsLover

Post by Ur_MumsLover »

hey guys I see that there is some discontent amoungst some of you that have been members on here for longer than us newer guys that want to join in with the GT5 league, all i have to say on it is this... you all joined ARSE at some time or other and were new and joined into leagues maybe not as fast as we want too, but hey we race with others that are already in the league and heard about ARSE through them and had the impression that you were a great bunch of guys to race with am I wrong?
Fanatec Porsche GT3 RS goodness
grinderman72

Post by grinderman72 »

grinderman72/grinderman72
Rots
DiscoStu
DiscoStu

Post by Rots »

Ur_MumsLover wrote:hey guys I see that there is some discontent amoungst some of you that have been members on here for longer than us newer guys that want to join in with the GT5 league, all i have to say on it is this... you all joined ARSE at some time or other and were new and joined into leagues maybe not as fast as we want too, but hey we race with others that are already in the league and heard about ARSE through them and had the impression that you were a great bunch of guys to race with am I wrong?
Yep, wrong, as we are a bunch wrecking drunks! :D

I think what caught some of us off guard is that we've only done 1 round! It's already becoming popular and expanding which was not expected this early in the event. We might have to create some stickies with race rules etc similar to past ARSE leagues.

Nevertheless, I for one do not mind new people joining as long as they don't intentionally cause problems both in the online racing or on the forum. I'm sure others would agree :)

:yes:
ysu
Smooth Lubricator.

Post by ysu »

hm...how about putting the newcommers into divB for now?
(unless we don't make 16, in that case it's a moot point)
Ur_MumsLover

Post by Ur_MumsLover »

i went back through some of the older users first post join on such and such a date and time and sign up for a league 5 to 10 mins later... so its ok for you but not for the rest of us? and rots I raced with you the other night if you recall and i was one of the faster guys there with you...

And yes there should be a sticky thread that is locked and only be able to post in by the mod or whatever of this league so all this idle chatter doesn't force you to go through ten or so pages to find what the hells going on just my opinion....
Vilante
Master artist
Master artist

Post by Vilante »

This is now my favourite thread on ARSE for a game I don't own.
SE1Z

Post by SE1Z »

I wasn't going to chime in... but...

C'mon dude...

You are new here and already stirring the pot!
Some would say that means you will fit in nicely :D
But.... You want to be included in league-style racing with a well established group here, you can't come in all guns blazing!

Plus.. your username isn't doing you any favors!
Steve
---
Ur_MumsLover

Post by Ur_MumsLover »

lmfao its a username you all need to get over it.. i'm not going to create a new one just to keep a few happy and lose all of my online and career mode levels just to please a few that have mummy cheating issues, and fyi and i find it highly amusing how you all get so offended by a bloody nickname that was giving to me by a girlfriends ex when he was talking to their kid refused to call me by my real name.. so now i use it and enjoy the tissue moments from others...
Last edited by Ur_MumsLover on Tue Dec 14, 2010 3:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Rots
DiscoStu
DiscoStu

Post by Rots »

Ur_MumsLover wrote:i went back through some of the older users first post join on such and such a date and time and sign up for a league 5 to 10 mins later... so its ok for you but not for the rest of us? and rots I raced with you the other night if you recall and i was one of the faster guys there with you...

And yes there should be a sticky thread that is locked and only be able to post in by the mod or whatever of this league so all this idle chatter doesn't force you to go through ten or so pages to find what the hells going on just my opinion....
I can't vouch for all those past older users first votes, but I do know a lot of us (especially the Live for Speed crowd) knew each other very well in game before becoming involved in ARSE league racing. So, even though some were new to the ARSE forum, many were well known to the existing members. If that makes sense. But like previously stated, I don't mind new people joining!

I do remember racing with you, it was quite fun and good clean racing! So again, no problems here with me :)

Like I said before, we only started league racing last week and it was between those of us here that already knew each other and our expectations from previous events. That is why there are no sticky's or anything in this sub-forum as it just hasn't had the need until now.
SE1Z

Post by SE1Z »

Is there any way to password protect the server??? :lol:
Steve
---
Ur_MumsLover

Post by Ur_MumsLover »

nope :lol:
GT VIRUS
Karen

Post by GT VIRUS »

Would of been better if these new guys came in saying i raced with rots etc, thought you guys might be cool, rather than than just posting your username and thinking that's it
ysu
Smooth Lubricator.

Post by ysu »

GT VIRUS wrote:Would of been better if these new guys came in saying i raced with rots etc, thought you guys might be cool, rather than than just posting your username and thinking that's it
That's what they used to call introduction, some of the older folks among us might remember...:)
nutty
Spam King
Spam King

Post by nutty »

Ur_MumsLover wrote:nope :lol:
And thats the main problem.

I think the reason people (and myself is somewhat included) are hesitent in getting new people in is to try and keep it to a single server, with actual mates just driving around having fun.. I put points in to keep track, but I doint think anyone is going to take it massivly serious.

The problem is, inability to password a server means, anyone can really join.

I dont know if there is a solution, I think Rots is going to draft up some rules, and we will try and make it proper series starting in the new year.. with proper signups... then perhaps have a casual night once a week with the more regular arse people to drive around and have fun.
Rots
DiscoStu
DiscoStu

Post by Rots »

Well I have to now!

Nah, already done. I'm going to post it very soon... very basic, so any changes or suggestions let me know. If a mod could sticky it when done, that would be super awesome.
Ur_MumsLover

Post by Ur_MumsLover »

ok if its too much of a bloody hassle and you dont like new people to join just damn well say so ffs we are all joining up because we want to race and have fun, by what you guys are saying is that you dont want anyone new to join in and dont want to give them the chance to become friends with you...

and as far as the password thing goes, surely you have a bit of a warm up session and if someone is a fucking moron and intentionally driving into others in that session wouldn't it say to you this guys a dickhead and wont race cleanly if he's like this now??? so who ever owns the room can kick them out... if I and the others wanted to be like that we wouldn't have bothered to sign up to the forum to show our intent of racing cleanly, i dont keep people in my list for car sim games that drive like that and if i was to be a fucking tool like that i'd expect the same deletion in return..
VTRacing
Team Pedant (c)

Post by VTRacing »

He must be related to r8.
:teach: