GT VIRUS
Karen

Re: ARSE GT5 League

Post by GT VIRUS »

I was thinking shuey
grinderman72

Post by grinderman72 »

Sorry for posting username and thinking tjhat was it.I thought this was a public site to join a league but i was wrong i need to know every 1 first..
Rots
DiscoStu
DiscoStu

Post by Rots »

No-one is saying we don't want new people to join, just an introduction so we know who people are!

It's just a matter of being polite really. :yes:

:)
Dan
Wobbly2.0

Post by Dan »

You all done now? :fall:

You guys going to be racing before 9?
The Todd Norbury appreciation society
KNAPPO
Master artist
Master artist

Post by KNAPPO »

:rofl:

Have fun tonight guys. Usually the shit fight starts after the race not before :bowepoke:
Life is hard...but, life is harder when you're dumb.
Enforcer-J

Post by Enforcer-J »

Ur_MumsLover wrote:ok if its too much of a bloody hassle and you dont like new people to join just damn well say so ffs we are all joining up because we want to race and have fun, by what you guys are saying is that you dont want anyone new to join in and dont want to give them the chance to become friends with you...

and as far as the password thing goes, surely you have a bit of a warm up session and if someone is a fucking moron and intentionally driving into others in that session wouldn't it say to you this guys a dickhead and wont race cleanly if he's like this now??? so who ever owns the room can kick them out... if I and the others wanted to be like that we wouldn't have bothered to sign up to the forum to show our intent of racing cleanly, i dont keep people in my list for car sim games that drive like that and if i was to be a fucking tool like that i'd expect the same deletion in return..
calm blue ocean.....

One thing you need to realise is ARSE is a very small tight community.....and it's a great privilege to be let in. Some of us are very protective of our ARSES and cherish what we have here and dont want to see it expanded by randoms so much that we lose that feeling.

That's not to say we dont want to see new peeps, it's just that we have high standards! (except Hz-Lab)

Anyway, see you tonight :yes:
VTRacing
Team Pedant (c)

Post by VTRacing »

Enforcer-J wrote: One thing you need to realise is ARSE is a very small tight community.....and it's a great privilege to be let in. Some of us are very protective of our ARSES and cherish what we have here and dont want to see it expanded by randoms so much that we lose that feeling.
:rofl:
:teach:
Sambo
Horse
Horse

Post by Sambo »

Vilante wrote:This is now my favourite thread on ARSE for a game I don't own.
+1, I'll bring the snacks and you bring the drinks for tonights inevitable outburst :D
Scottie

Post by Scottie »

wow, some seem a little sensitive to some other'ses comments.

guys, feel free to join us, and don't take our thoughts too personally. we'd love to see ya out on track, we love a great race... it's just like growing up with a bunch of mates through school and then suddenly there's another bunch of guys that randomly join your group that instantly are your friends and you know nothing about them. I hope you can relate but the only way we're gonna get to know you is by racing out on track!

so come join us, have some racing and we'll take it from there. no need to go all hot n cold over something that hasn't started yet! :melt:
h00ligan

Post by h00ligan »

guys I wont be able to race tonight, so there's an extra spot for one of these new fellas :yes:
Image Image Image Image
Scottie

Post by Scottie »

scottie's waiting...

sorry, should have said *patiently* waiting :P
Last edited by Scottie on Tue Dec 14, 2010 7:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
nutty
Spam King
Spam King

Post by nutty »

hosting the server now
Enforcer-J

Post by Enforcer-J »

nutty wrote:hosting the server now
I cant see it?

Is there a way to connect directly?
nutty
Spam King
Spam King

Post by nutty »

Go into community, find me in your list.. go down to the botton and click lounge (looks like a coffee cup)
Scottie

Post by Scottie »

i only got rots... does that count?
Scottie

Post by Scottie »

Scottie's getting disconnected, can't see any other cars... how hard can it be to race online with GT5?! :(
YnoT

Post by YnoT »

got rear ended in both races, it's really weird cos I think the lag played the part both times, I wasn't actually going that slow but somehow I get rear ended so hard especially in the 2nd race I just went flying to the wall, and then I gave up after that
ysu
Smooth Lubricator.

Post by ysu »

That's a bummer, mate. I was rather lucky, and started from the rear in both races. This way I've managed to navigate carefully through the early chaos (yes especially in the 2nd race)
It wasn't easy, cars were doing some funny shit around...so yeah, it seems, sadly, lag is a bit of an issue with this many of us in one place.

oh and sorry for a few bumps here and there; especially Rots, that was a rather hard one - as I said, I did not even intend to pass there, I was just taking my normal line, then suddenly I had to try avoiding hitting you.
Surprise, no sig. Now there is. Or is there?
Speed

Post by Speed »

Yeah, the connection seemed a little laggy. A few cars were warping.

Well done ysu, you were really quick.

I haven't race online for probably 18 months & after the first race I thought "Meh" it's ok but I could take it or leave it. Most people wanted to race a little harder than I care about these days so I just let people go & circulated.
The second race was a different story though. I copped a hip & shoulder in the first corner......just a racing incident. I was in the worst spot & copped the brunt of everyone going for the inside. Anyway I found my way back onto the track in 14th & miles behind after trudging slowly through the gravel trap. I was just able to focus totally on my lines & braking points & one by one picked cars off as I caught them or they had their own incidents & ended up fighting my way up to forth. It was a blast. :)

I hope I didn't offend anyone. I have a habit of chatting to Emjay while I'm driving & didn't realise I had my mike on half the time.
http://500px.com/Warren_Joyce" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
MADCAP

Post by MADCAP »

The car was junk, 2 x races in last I gave up on the chase, soon as I got bumped off into the wall it was impossible to recover, tank slaper you R.I.P lol cya all next week with hopefully something with grip and speed
+ Current Ride 2016 Ducati 959 Panigale + 2016 TONY KART 401 X30 IAME + Santa Cruz Bronson V3 CC X01 +
ReppohC

Post by ReppohC »

I was extermely lucky in the second race starting on pole... Made my life a lot easier as I only just got a few laps in on the track so I was free to learn it at my own will. Somehow ended up with a big lead which took Ysu about a lap to catch up :D Then it was just a matter of trying to drive consistantly but everyone else caught up and I ended up in 5th, the last of the front runners. After the race someone said they used the wrong tyres and I thought "how, dont you get the best ones by default?". Apparently you DONT! :no:

Anyway was a great race. Warren mate (no idea who you are) that was a great pass. Thought you where going to collect me but ended up being just right!
Last edited by ReppohC on Tue Dec 14, 2010 9:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Speed

Post by Speed »

ReppohC wrote:Anyone was a great race. Warren mate (no idea who you are) that was a great pass. Thought you where going to collect me but ended up being just right!
Lol, me too. I thought it was a touch over aggressive so I apologised but after watching the replay I realised that it was awesome. :D

I haven't done any racing in awhile but Ysu & I ran the Arse/XGN GTL league a couple of years back.
http://500px.com/Warren_Joyce" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
nutty
Spam King
Spam King

Post by nutty »

Great stuff everyone, wasnt the greatest car/track combo but still worked out well.

So ideas for next week? Somthing shorter then that, and prehaps a nice european car
ysu
Smooth Lubricator.

Post by ysu »

Yeah, Speed used to give me some nice beatings back then, he's no slouch on the track, usually :D
nutty wrote:Great stuff everyone, wasnt the greatest car/track combo but still worked out well.
So ideas for next week? Somthing shorter then that, and prehaps a nice european car
Sounds good. Grand Valley track? Or on that mountain one, wft it's called? Eiger maybe?
I think we should stick to lower powered light cars for now ;) Eg a small mazda mx5 or something.
Surprise, no sig. Now there is. Or is there?
Sambo
Horse
Horse

Post by Sambo »

What the hell went wrong tonight?! I am all ready with my bag of chips expecting a good read and then I get this:
YnoT wrote: and then I gave up after that
Please feel free to take out any rage at someone. Preferably blame someone who's user name you don't like.
ysu wrote: oh and sorry for a few bumps here and there; especially Rots
ARE YOU KIDDING ME?! RAM THE FUCKER
Speed wrote: I hope I didn't offend anyone.
Rubbish, offend as many people per race per lap as you can. Vill and I need our entertainment!
ReppohC wrote:thought you where going to collect me but ended up being just right!
:fall:
Speed wrote: I thought it was a touch over aggressive so I apologised but after watching the replay I realised that it was awesome. :D
EXACTLY!
nutty wrote:
More controversy!
ysu wrote: Sounds good. Grand Valley track? Or on that mountain one, wft it's called? Eiger maybe?
I think we should stick to lower powered light cars for now ;) Eg a small mazda mx5 or something.
Pikes peak, first one to ram someone off the cliff wins.