Hints & Tips

All GT discussion
KNAPPO
Master artist
Master artist

Re: Hints & Tips

Post by KNAPPO »

ReppohC wrote:I've given up on this game now anyway; I've been stuck at 3/4 through level 36 for the last couple weeks.Need another 15 million xp to get to level 40... @#%$@# that! I still think the quickest way is the Le Mans 24 hour race but I'd have to do it 6 times at least. And even with the X2010 you still need to do 20 hours of the 24 hours to finish first. (FYI its about 360 laps around De La Sarthe).
Thats nasty Repp.

The Xp levels are getting plain stupid already im finding but 15 mill + just to get to Lv40 sounds like a joke. Wish they didnt have this silly xp system just to extend the games life as i think they knew people would finish it in a couple days without it.
Life is hard...but, life is harder when you're dumb.
ReppohC

Post by ReppohC »

Theres a pretty easy solution - more races, longer series, etc. If you had to do 200 unique races to finish the game 100% that would also stop people doing it in a few days. It would be so so easy to add more content to this game too... maybe they left it light because they planned the seasonal challenges? Imagine if the game shipped with 50 seasonal challenge type events... Ones where you had to tune the car to get it to win, etc.

I can't imagine its anything more then a database of races with a few parameters;

num races, prize car, prize money, bhp limit, region limit, car limit, tyre limit.

race 1: track, num laps, prize money
race n: track, num laps, prize money.

It would almost be as easy as adding a few more items to the database to add more content; ignoring the whole GUI needed. HELL every series you win you get the SAME freakin' throphy - very generic feeling.
GT VIRUS
Karen

Post by GT VIRUS »

Here's a fun-time tip! Get online and play some shuffle racing! If you get a clean bunch of guys, it's great fun. (hint: i have a server up now :P)
c.j
Midget Wanker

Post by c.j »

Well that is why I am enjoying not plowing through it too quick.

I still have the AMG challenge to gold and am only level 22 with my A spec and now 15 with the b-spec. Usually with FPS games i'll finish that day and then play multi for a month or so then go and swap it for something else.

I am hunting for a second hand 360 at the moment so I can get back into Forza 3. More of a challenge in it I feel. And 4 is on the way. :yes:
Image[url=steam://friends/add/76561198089849481]Image[/url]

;)
Enforcer-J

Post by Enforcer-J »

KNAPPO wrote:
ReppohC wrote:I've given up on this game now anyway; I've been stuck at 3/4 through level 36 for the last couple weeks.Need another 15 million xp to get to level 40... @#%$@# that! I still think the quickest way is the Le Mans 24 hour race but I'd have to do it 6 times at least. And even with the X2010 you still need to do 20 hours of the 24 hours to finish first. (FYI its about 360 laps around De La Sarthe).
Thats nasty Repp.

The Xp levels are getting plain stupid already im finding but 15 mill + just to get to Lv40 sounds like a joke. Wish they didnt have this silly xp system just to extend the games life as i think they knew people would finish it in a couple days without it.
I don't understand how you can "finish" a racing game really. The whole concept of the single player xp / licence / money making grinding thing just turns it into a chore for me. It's kind of pointless once you get the cars you want. Get online and have some fun! Like GT said the shuffle races are great!
MADCAP

Post by MADCAP »

Enforcer-J wrote:
KNAPPO wrote:
Thats nasty Repp.

I don't understand how you can "finish" a racing game really. The whole concept of the single player xp / licence / money making grinding thing just turns it into a chore for me. It's kind of pointless once you get the cars you want. Get online and have some fun! Like GT said the shuffle races are great!
Yeah Online is very cool i must admit..... i tend to play more at night than day as during the day id like to grind away at the events and rack up decent coin for certain cars.... but i know for a fact once you get over the events, online can be rather entertaining and social i guess
+ Current Ride 2016 Ducati 959 Panigale + 2016 TONY KART 401 X30 IAME + Santa Cruz Bronson V3 CC X01 +
KNAPPO
Master artist
Master artist

Post by KNAPPO »

Enforcer-J wrote:I don't understand how you can "finish" a racing game really. The whole concept of the single player xp / licence / money making grinding thing just turns it into a chore for me. It's kind of pointless once you get the cars you want. Get online and have some fun! Like GT said the shuffle races are great!
Its not about finishing the game more so being allowed to run the events I want to run.
Ide love a go at the 24hr Nurburgring race a million times more than the 24hrs of Le Mans or even the Indy 500 but the silly xp system will never let this happen without wasting a bucket load of time to unlock that final event. Ill just have to settle for the 4hr of Nurburgring when i get around to it.

Ive been capped the last 2 weeks so ive had to put the online side of GT aside so I cant wait to get some running in tonight.
MADCAP

Post by MADCAP »

KNAPPO wrote:
Enforcer-J wrote:I don't understand how you can "finish" a racing game really. The whole concept of the single player xp / licence / money making grinding thing just turns it into a chore for me. It's kind of pointless once you get the cars you want. Get online and have some fun! Like GT said the shuffle races are great!
Its not about finishing the game more so being allowed to run the events I want to run.
Ide love a go at the 24hr Nurburgring race a million times more than the 24hrs of Le Mans or even the Indy 500 but the silly xp system will never let this happen without wasting a bucket load of time to unlock that final event. Ill just have to settle for the 4hr of Nurburgring when i get around to it.

Ive been capped the last 2 weeks so ive had to put the online side of GT aside so I cant wait to get some running in tonight.

Worst time to be Capped bro, Holidays and Online FTW - cya maybe tonight bro hopefully a few fun rooms open
+ Current Ride 2016 Ducati 959 Panigale + 2016 TONY KART 401 X30 IAME + Santa Cruz Bronson V3 CC X01 +
c.j
Midget Wanker

Post by c.j »

I finally won the "Like the Wind" series, with my C6 RM.

Will the Minolta Toyota be competitive enough for the All Stars event?

;)
KNAPPO
Master artist
Master artist

Post by KNAPPO »

c.j wrote:Will the Minolta Toyota be competitive enough for the All Stars event?
Easily. The Milolta is a very decent enough car to win most races.
Enforcer-J

Post by Enforcer-J »

How do I defeat Dr Robotnik?
c.j
Midget Wanker

Post by c.j »

Ok, so that car was great to drive, had to adjust the settings a little bit to use it with the controller though. Softened the rear a tad and raised it but 5mm, had to have TC on 1.

Nurby was cool!

Anyway, now I am doing events just to cycle the used car dealership to buy a bloody FGT. Considering its a specific one make series you should be able to buy it from the GT garage, but nooooooooooooo. Cock!
So I am watching my b-spec'ers race at Suzuka East in a Toyota race car against a field of clubman cup cars... :yikes:

;)
GT VIRUS
Karen

Post by GT VIRUS »

c.j wrote:Ok, so that car was great to drive, had to adjust the settings a little bit to use it with the controller though. Softened the rear a tad and raised it but 5mm, had to have TC on 1.

Nurby was cool!

Anyway, now I am doing events just to cycle the used car dealership to buy a bloody FGT. Considering its a specific one make series you should be able to buy it from the GT garage, but nooooooooooooo. Cock!
So I am watching my b-spec'ers race at Suzuka East in a Toyota race car against a field of clubman cup cars... :yikes:
I'm guessing your PS3 isn't online, If you can get it online at some point the FGT is in the online garage
c.j
Midget Wanker

Post by c.j »

Nah, I am not connected at the moment.

I live in a place that gets one free port about every 6 months, so I am waiting... Been told it should happen within 2 weeks, about 4 months ago...

;)
r8response
Cry baby
Cry baby

Post by r8response »

c.j wrote:Nah, I am not connected at the moment.

I live in a place that gets one free port about every 6 months, so I am waiting... Been told it should happen within 2 weeks, about 4 months ago...
If you want/need the net, shop around to 3/4 different ISP's and keep on their back.
c.j
Midget Wanker

Post by c.j »

Cheers mate, ill have to get onto it.

;)
MADCAP

Post by MADCAP »

B-Spec Grand Turismo Event, Championship round, ummm i thought id do it single event at a time due to the length of each race, then once complete to find out i got no FREE car i was a bit cheesed off, anyways when it says Championship round do it to claim your FREE car WIN!!!!

I think ill give that round a miss for a bit it took very long time to do somewhat 5 races :no:
Rots
DiscoStu
DiscoStu

Post by Rots »

You can finish Championship events in 4 races. If you win the first four races, after starting the fifth one just quit - don't retire, make sure you start the race then quit. You'll still win the championship as you'll have enough points from the previous races.

Here's a tip, the new Seasonal Events are a piece of piss! There is no modification restrictions on the car required for each event, so you can whack on some Racing Softs, beef up the HP, reduce weight etc and get to first place by Lap 2!! Easiest Cr/XP ever.

If you want to save some money, just whack on some slicks and do minimal car mods rather than going all out... however, I recommend the Ford GT '04 with full mods including aero, friggen awesome car!

Also, don't apply the race mod to the Lotus Elise until after winning the Seasonal Event as you can't use the car for the event if race modified.
GT VIRUS
Karen

Post by GT VIRUS »

The restrictions have been removed of all the events. It's a pity, as they were good fun and a good challenge
KNAPPO
Master artist
Master artist

Post by KNAPPO »

Bah, the restrictions is what made these events. Without them its just as easy as a-spec :(
wabbit

Post by wabbit »

I'm just getting around to doing the Nascar championship, I remember someone else posted a good setup but heres another one. For each race My B-Spec driver gets into P1 no later than the 3rd lap.

Ride Height: F +15, R -15
Spring: F 18.4, R 18.5
Dampers (Ext & Comp): F 8, R 8
Anti-Roll: F 6, R 6
Camber: F 0.5, R 0.5
Toe Angle: F 0.0, R 0.2

Gear Ratios (kph):
Race 1: 360
Race 2: 310
Race 3: 310
Race 4: 260
Race 5: 360

As an example I'm currently doing the 4th race and hes 15 secs ahead.
KNAPPO
Master artist
Master artist

Post by KNAPPO »

Awesome Wabz, the Nascar series has been a tad tricky for me.
Ill have to give this setup a whirl today and see if i can get rid of some silver and bronze.

Thanks.
wabbit

Post by wabbit »

Well seeing I'm at the same stage as Reppo (Lvl 40 race to go), heres some thoughts...

Tyres: All Racing tyres except Soft & Rain are bullshit, I only used another type when forced to.

B-Spec: So much learnt but it really comes down to 3 things (read: I wasted so much time with my first 2 drivers);
  • Treat your B-Spec level as a combined score for all of your drivers (ie: Always race in the highest level event, every time).
  • Half decent car and a good setup flogs everything even if your driver is 10 levels below the AI drivers.
  • Always use your lowest level driver to race (as your really after xp rather than outright wins. As "later on" you'll end up winning every race, every time anyway).
KNAPPO
Master artist
Master artist

Post by KNAPPO »

My B-Spec guys just keep drifting the Nascar at Grand Valley... bah he keeps blowing the rear tyres even when i give nothing but reduce pace orders :doh:
Shaun

Post by Shaun »

ok guys i just played a bit more for the first time in ages, went from level 21 to 24 (6k xp off 25) by doing seasonal events, now i had a quick look at the american series in the expert series, whats a good car for this because my ZR1 RM is just no match and indy i get left for dead :( any help would be appreciated
Hello :aussie: