Hints & Tips

All GT discussion
Dan
Wobbly2.0

Re: Hints & Tips

Post by Dan »

You make another PSN account, in the DOB you put the year of the car you want, the date of today and you get a car given to your from the year you were born. IIRC lol
The Todd Norbury appreciation society
c.j
Midget Wanker

Post by c.j »

Dan wrote:Finally got it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1:16.962, just lapped the house yelling "I FUCKING DID IT!"
LOL... I would have done the same. Good stuff mate. Hope you saved the replay, I might need that. :D
Image[url=steam://friends/add/76561198089849481]Image[/url]

;)
Dan
Wobbly2.0

Post by Dan »

c.j wrote:
Dan wrote:Finally got it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LOL... I would have done the same. Good stuff mate. Hope you saved the replay, I might need that. :D
Nah, I'll tell you how I did it though... It's retarded but it works.

I used a gamepad with TC on 3 and changed it to automatic....
c.j
Midget Wanker

Post by c.j »

Oh... OH! Dude...

Oh....

*walks away*

*long blink*

Oh...

I am going to try that... :D

;)
ysu
Smooth Lubricator.

Post by ysu »

actually...just checked today; I did not win eiger. I have a feeling that someone have fucked up something, setting the gold's time. I can barely get into silver.
That, and the night countryside event are pretty hard. All the rest are walk in the park.

It amazes me how much discrepancy there is to these events; one is straight gold, the other takes a lot of grind to get. On the same level of difficulty, presumably.

There's another thing I'll never win; those oval challenges. They are just retarded. We're coming out of the corner, the AI lags, lags, I'm full on the throttle, catching up when they finally step on it....and leave me there, standing. That's not right, is it now?
Surprise, no sig. Now there is. Or is there?
GT VIRUS
Karen

Post by GT VIRUS »

With nascar, you for some reason have ASM on which really slows down your corner exit speed. Turning off abs also turns off ASM, which makes the nascar events easy.

I'm happy the grand tour events were so hard, because the rest of the event's never really challenged me. The s-licence was easier than IA
KNAPPO
Master artist
Master artist

Post by KNAPPO »

Ive ben going back thru my special events and going for gold.

I had only bronzed the Eiger stage in the Alfa (1:20.xxx) so i gave it another crack. Didnt realise i had tc on 5 and got to a 17,2 in a hand full of attempts. Turned tc off and i was hopeless in the hairpins and was about 3/4 of a second off my usual pace so bumped it up to 1 and gave it another crack. Put in a 17,009 & 17,066 which was brutally curel to be so close yet so far....

Then put in a 1:16,870 :driver:
Took be about 30 mins all up but man is that a tricky stage.
Life is hard...but, life is harder when you're dumb.
MADCAP

Post by MADCAP »

KNAPPO wrote:Ive ben going back thru my special events and going for gold.

I had only bronzed the Eiger stage in the Alfa (1:20.xxx) so i gave it another crack. Didnt realise i had tc on 5 and got to a 17,2 in a hand full of attempts. Turned tc off and i was hopeless in the hairpins and was about 3/4 of a second off my usual pace so bumped it up to 1 and gave it another crack. Put in a 17,009 & 17,066 which was brutally curel to be so close yet so far....

Then put in a 1:16,870 :driver:
Took be about 30 mins all up but man is that a tricky stage.
Man thats top effort, still cant get silver even with TC on 1, RRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRROOAAAAAAAAAAWWWWWWWW!!!!
+ Current Ride 2016 Ducati 959 Panigale + 2016 TONY KART 401 X30 IAME + Santa Cruz Bronson V3 CC X01 +
c.j
Midget Wanker

Post by c.j »

Is this the car Clarkson verbally smashed in Thriller?

Its so loose, which I think would be a hoot on the right road but damn its hard to hook up on Eiger. Down to a 17.1 with TC on 1 using the DS3 pad. Haven't tried the wheel yet.

If I hadn't spent the day messing around with the wrx I would have tacked my cage/cockpit up today... perfect weather for it.

I keep pushing on all the licence tests, specials and what not until I have the silver at least but give each one a good amount of goes to get gold. I noticed with the AMG challenge I can pretty close but then with others I am missing that alien 5/10th's to get it.

What wheel are you using Knappo?
Last edited by c.j on Mon Dec 20, 2010 9:51 am, edited 1 time in total.

;)
KNAPPO
Master artist
Master artist

Post by KNAPPO »

c.j wrote:What wheel are you using Knappo?
G25 mate.
MADCAP

Post by MADCAP »

Dan wrote:
c.j wrote:

Nah, I'll tell you how I did it though... It's retarded but it works.

I used a gamepad with TC on 3 and changed it to automatic....
:rofl: thats so not fair........ but its a WINNNER!!!
+ Current Ride 2016 Ducati 959 Panigale + 2016 TONY KART 401 X30 IAME + Santa Cruz Bronson V3 CC X01 +
GT VIRUS
Karen

Post by GT VIRUS »

I feel good for having done it on the G25 with no aids now :D
ReppohC

Post by ReppohC »

I think the secret is to brake on the sand in the hairpins to kick the rear out and kill the understeer. Then just drift link the corners and the rest of the lap is pretty straight forward. The night one with the 640 is much much harder in my opinion.
Dan
Wobbly2.0

Post by Dan »

The night one was easy and SO MUCH FUN!
c.j
Midget Wanker

Post by c.j »

It was a hoot, but took me at least 15 goes to get it, I kept overcorrecting the Lambo. Once I got my head around letting it slide I loved it. Hence the Gallardo... Will upgrade to the Murci once I complete the 10 lap races...

;)
GT VIRUS
Karen

Post by GT VIRUS »

There is a pickup truck in the community garage with the latest patch now
MADCAP

Post by MADCAP »

Notes: Formula Gran Turismo tune
This car is so fast, it will blow your mind away
Watch out in the high revs, it tends to oversteer!

Tuning: to the max (687kw/550kg/7960.1km driven) - Test - Center - Results

Aero: 70/90

Transmission: depending on track / max @ 430kmh seems quite good

Torque Split: n/a

LSD: 30/30/30

Suspension:
Height: -8/-8
Springs: 16.0/14.0
Dampers (Ext): 8/5
Dampers (Com): 8/5
Anti-Roll: 6/6

Camber: 2.0/1.0
Toe: 0.0/0.20

Brakes: 8/7

Some have made aother changes aswell:
I changed the wheel seetings from the stock values you had to:
Camber: +0.05 R / -0.05 F
Toe: 1.8 F / 1.2 R
and picked up almost another full second per lap on Indy.
With this tune my B-Spec Bob lapped in the entire field in 15 laps.
I'll be interested to see how my boys do after all 200 laps are done.

I havent test this but good feed back from GTPLANET.COM http://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?p=4372773
KNAPPO
Master artist
Master artist

Post by KNAPPO »

I did my 4hr Tuskuba MX5 race last night.

I purchased the Mazda Roadster RS 07 and worked it to 355bhp with all mods. This was the most modern MX5 in the dealership and as I had the older model I wanted to give this one a bash. My PB was a 0:56,614 and this car had aabout 10 second a lap advantage over the slow arse ai depending on traffic.

The race.

At the start i pulled over and was going to let 10 odd mins evaporate and i walked away from the wheel to get a drink, when i returned the mrs was lapping away so i let her go. She lasted 15 mins before she got bored so i took over 4 laps down. It took my 20 mins to get that defecate back and i quickly put the ai 3 laps behind me and when the first hour ticked away i pulled over for a 5 min break leaving the race running.

When i returned i was 4 laps down and i was off again. It took me another 20-30 mins to get the lead back and once i got a few laps up i pulled over again to fall behind. This kept the race interesting as i was always behind the 8 ball and not bored out of my scone. At the 2 hr mark i pitted for 10 mins and started all over again. This time i went hell for leather when i got back behind the wheel and gapped the ai by 13 laps by the 3.5hr mark so i pulled over for a 15 min break before the run to the flag.

Ended up winning by only a lap but spent at least 30 mins on the side of the road evaporating time. Was good fun but by the last hour i was bored shitless as i attempted to do it all in one sitting.
ReppohC

Post by ReppohC »

KNAPPO wrote: It took my 20 mins to get that defecate back and i quickly put the ai 3 laps behind me and when the first hour ticked away i pulled over for a 5 min break leaving the race running.
:eyepop: how did you get it "back"?

:lol:

Apparently you can finish last in the 4 hour race with the crappest car (miata something o rather) and still get all the xp / money you get for first place. I think you still need to do 1 lap to be classified though :nod:
Dan
Wobbly2.0

Post by Dan »

Only started using my wheel again when GT5 came out but before that the last time I used it was at my old house. New house has hardwood floors and I'm sick to death of the pedals moving about, the rubber stoppers on the bottom are fucking shit! Any tips for keeping these pedals still?

It's a DFP by the way
ysu
Smooth Lubricator.

Post by ysu »

Dan wrote:Only started using my wheel again when GT5 came out but before that the last time I used it was at my old house. New house has hardwood floors and I'm sick to death of the pedals moving about, the rubber stoppers on the bottom are fucking shit! Any tips for keeping these pedals still?

It's a DFP by the way
Don't push so hard :lol:

I've a DFP, too. I've my tables' back panel behind it - I don't think you can do anything without either that, or setting up something like I've seen developed for another pedal; it was able to stop the pedal from underneath by hooking at the back and on the other end hooking to the chair...
Surprise, no sig. Now there is. Or is there?
Rots
DiscoStu
DiscoStu

Post by Rots »

Got a rug? If it has spiky things they might grip better in carpet.
KNAPPO
Master artist
Master artist

Post by KNAPPO »

I useto place a piece of ply wood (the width of the pedals) and place it between them and the wall, the length was determined by the ideal seating position.
This was for my A1's and Logi's, they never moved when braking hard on my old lino floor.
Dan
Wobbly2.0

Post by Dan »

I've got a corner workstation so It's a pain in the arse, I may give the rug idea a go... Or some double sided tape
KNAPPO
Master artist
Master artist

Post by KNAPPO »

My Indy 500 tip.

Put a weight on the throttle :nod:

I spent the 1st hour using my foot, then thought stuff this and found a light enough dumbell and now its stuck wide open :D
You need to apply a little bit of brake when entering a turn off a huge tow and you can pit at full song, the game will take care of the rest. Too easy, now i just need to keep turning left for the next hour lol.