Hints & Tips

All GT discussion
YnoT

Re: Hints & Tips

Post by YnoT »

lol knappo

looks like these enduros are a pain in the arse, I don't think my fingers will be able to last that long....
c.j
Midget Wanker

Post by c.j »

I can't seem to win any car that is competitive enough for the proper race spec races. Like the Wind, All Stars etc.

Also my B-Spec'ers are crap. I have two level 9's and a level 6 racer. None of them can win at Daytona oval because they hit the brakes at the start finish line down to 230-ish km/hr and get blitzed by the AI competitors.
I have most aids off except the driving line, which I hadn't thought to turn off until this morning. Will this make the difference? Even in a Veyron they are 5 sec's a lap down on the leader and can't finish better than 11th. :faint:
Image[url=steam://friends/add/76561198089849481]Image[/url]

;)
MADCAP

Post by MADCAP »

c.j wrote:I can't seem to win any car that is competitive enough for the proper race spec races. Like the Wind, All Stars etc.

Also my B-Spec'ers are crap. I have two level 9's and a level 6 racer. None of them can win at Daytona oval because they hit the brakes at the start finish line down to 230-ish km/hr and get blitzed by the AI competitors.
I have most aids off except the driving line, which I hadn't thought to turn off until this morning. Will this make the difference? Even in a Veyron they are 5 sec's a lap down on the leader and can't finish better than 11th. :faint:
I used the Mazda 787B the Indy is a breeze but the daytona you have to be on it bigtime make sure you run racing soft

Actually the daytona event I am pretty sure I used veyron with every mid I can possibly add!!!!! Yes this was it but stay away from the grass as this track is ultra greasy
+ Current Ride 2016 Ducati 959 Panigale + 2016 TONY KART 401 X30 IAME + Santa Cruz Bronson V3 CC X01 +
c.j
Midget Wanker

Post by c.j »

I am talking about B-Spec Madcap.

I noticed in the update the options have been reduced from the same as in A-Spec to tyre choice only.

;)
KNAPPO
Master artist
Master artist

Post by KNAPPO »

c.j wrote:Also my B-Spec'ers are crap. I have two level 9's and a level 6 racer. None of them can win at Daytona oval because they hit the brakes at the start finish line down to 230-ish km/hr and get blitzed by the AI competitors.
My B-Specers are kicking arse tonight. They need a lot of coaching tho and you cant just leave them alone.
I was struggling on the Truck race at Daytona and my guys were doing the same braking shit cj but one of the guys liked the mods i made to my truck and was able to be competitive and won by .006, braking over the line :)

Overall ive got two cool head guys that have ben able to drive quite well. Tonight they have been able to even make outside passes stick, its been really cool to watch.
Life is hard...but, life is harder when you're dumb.
Dan
Wobbly2.0

Post by Dan »

My B-speccer seems to be cool most of the time but every now and then just gets too comfortable and ends up doing stupid shit to ruin his race right near the end. The best part though, it all makes sense because of 1 simple thing... His name, V.Petrov :yes:
The Todd Norbury appreciation society
c.j
Midget Wanker

Post by c.j »

I have Kobayashi... I had F.Alonso but decided I didnt like him enough to make him one of my b-spec'ers.

;)
Hz-Lab
Magoo
Magoo

Post by Hz-Lab »

I have 4 B-Speccers all sitting at a 17 level. They still make stupid mistakes lol, but yeah, when you get up to the Extreme events with them you need to coach them through every inch, and then they will spin right before the line on the final lap anyway...
c.j
Midget Wanker

Post by c.j »

So what is the point then? It would be fucking arduous to watch that happen and at level 17 they should be able to do a race without being watched.

;)
Enforcer-J

Post by Enforcer-J »

What's the point of this whole game really? Grinding? Winning by 35 laps? I wanna race dammit!
Dan
Wobbly2.0

Post by Dan »

Enforcer-J wrote:What's the point of this whole game really? Grinding? Winning by 35 laps? I wanna race dammit!
Seasonal challenges :yes:
c.j
Midget Wanker

Post by c.j »

Where can i get a car for the german touring car challenge?

;)
Dan
Wobbly2.0

Post by Dan »

Even though its not german, I used the Lexus ISF Conecpt race car
Speed

Post by Speed »

I wasn't sure whether to start a new thread......so I didn't.

I hope someone can help me, I've had a sound problem since day 1. Most of the time I can barely hear my car & it goes almost silent when I'm amongst other cars.
I have the BGM turned off & have tried turning the other sounds down to about 30%.
http://500px.com/Warren_Joyce" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
c.j
Midget Wanker

Post by c.j »

Yea mine does that a bit too Speed. I am running mine through a small amp, with a fibre optic connection. When I run it through the TV from HDMI its fine, but through the amp it does that drop out in traffic.

;)
Enforcer-J

Post by Enforcer-J »

I'm running hdmi into tv and then output through a stereo via the headphone port. Same deal it's a bit annoying!
MADCAP

Post by MADCAP »

[youtube] [/youtube]
how to get any colour paint chip even chrome paint
+ Current Ride 2016 Ducati 959 Panigale + 2016 TONY KART 401 X30 IAME + Santa Cruz Bronson V3 CC X01 +
KNAPPO
Master artist
Master artist

Post by KNAPPO »

Thats a lot of stuffing around for just a car colour :fall:
Im lucky GT gave me the Silver Chrome in one of the online bonus' that you receive every day when you fire up GT5.

I used it on my Veyron :)
c.j
Midget Wanker

Post by c.j »

Makes me wish I was bloody connected to the net! lol...

;)
MADCAP

Post by MADCAP »

New tip for B-Spec once you have Obtained the X2010 Redbull Beast - Just use the car as much as possible for the japan events etc etc.... sit back and relax the rewards, creeping nicely now up to level 20 soonish........

Knappo how you getting your lovely 11k plus dollars?
KNAPPO
Master artist
Master artist

Post by KNAPPO »

MADCAP wrote:Knappo how you getting your lovely 11k plus dollars?
Just did the same as you just mentioned.

Ran my B-Speccers and aimed to complete anything and everything i could in the X2010. Running some championships multipul times to train up the new drivers.
This car makes it a bludge. All you have to do is hit go and he destroys the cometition, the only time you need to give him any input is to start a new race.

KACHING, 11 mill so far :)

On a side note, drive a race in the X2010 from cockpit view in the wet. You literly cant see a THING!!! :yikes:
Looks cool tho as the water beads off and wofts with speed. The section you can see thru in this pic is inbetween wofts and will move up the screen.
c.j
Midget Wanker

Post by c.j »

f-f-f-f-faaaark! Will have to try that when I get to level 30, maybe around August I think, lol.

I am upto Level 18 B-spec, but still have a ton of events to do. Still only 3 drivers, cbf'd setting up the 4th driver yet. Do I need too?

The blue, green, orange arrows on the b-spec drivers is confusing. Sometimes they are orange, but if I put them in an event they go back to blue.

;)
KNAPPO
Master artist
Master artist

Post by KNAPPO »

c.j wrote:Still only 3 drivers, cbf'd setting up the 4th driver yet. Do I need too?

The blue, green, orange arrows on the b-spec drivers is confusing. Sometimes they are orange, but if I put them in an event they go back to blue.

You dont have to set up the extra drivers but when they are needed (enduros) you will need them upto speed. Altho one 5 race series in the X2010 will get a newbe b-spec bob up to around Lv12 :)
Someone posted here about those arrows. Basically when the arrow is down he is getting a bit tired, give him a rest for a few races. When its horizontal and orange he is doin fine, i think, and when its blue and pointing up he's alright and in top form. Somehting along those lines.
c.j
Midget Wanker

Post by c.j »

Yea I remember reading that, so I rested the three of them whilst I went on an A-spec rampage, then came back, no change...

So I ran a few championships, giving them all a crack over the course of a day. When I did that they all pumped back upto blue. Now they drop to orange, then cycle back up if I rest them or run them, lol... it is confusing to me, so I now just cycle the three I have through to keep them all on par with each other.

Knappo, did you see what the prize is for Golding the X challenge? It is yum-cha! :D

;)
ReppohC

Post by ReppohC »

c.j wrote:Yea I remember reading that, so I rested the three of them whilst I went on an A-spec rampage, then came back, no change...

So I ran a few championships, giving them all a crack over the course of a day. When I did that they all pumped back upto blue. Now they drop to orange, then cycle back up if I rest them or run them, lol... it is confusing to me, so I now just cycle the three I have through to keep them all on par with each other.

Knappo, did you see what the prize is for Golding the X challenge? It is yum-cha! :D
Its another X2010 (prototype carbon fibre). Actually has less HP (well mine does) but you can tune the final drive ratios in it! :D I've found it to be a lot slower then the first one you get. I still haven't driven the silver one yet though (or even cashed it in, still have the voucher). I'm up to almost 100 cars I need to redeem -it just takes too long to get them :\

I just ignore the arrows and race the same driver. Unless your planning on using the driver for the SLS B-Spec competition I don't really see much point training them up "perfectly". Give them the right tools and they will win 10/10 times even if they are a n00b or tired or arrow up down left right :) As for the endurance B Spec races you dont need multiple drivers if you use the right car.

I remember doing De La Sarthe with the X1 for the Le Mans 24 hour race... It started raining as day broke and you couldn't see a thing! Cant see out the window, cant see through the spray, doing "twice" as fast as the car your coming up on ... its only asking for trouble :D

I've given up on this game now anyway; I've been stuck at 3/4 through level 36 for the last couple weeks.Need another 15 million xp to get to level 40... @#%$@# that! I still think the quickest way is the Le Mans 24 hour race but I'd have to do it 6 times at least. And even with the X2010 you still need to do 20 hours of the 24 hours to finish first. (FYI its about 360 laps around De La Sarthe).