Wheel Compatibility

All GT discussion
Benson

Wheel Compatibility

Post by Benson »

Hi all,

As a fan of all previous GT games i'm hopefully getting a ps3 in the coming weeks, however i was hoping to avoid shelling out too many hard earned for a G27 as well.

I have a Momo wheel which is fine with the PC/LFS but have heard conflicting reports on compatibility with PS3. Does anyone know if the momo will work in general but more specifically with GT5?

I have had a quick search on the forums & didn't really find any posts to help. If i've posted in the wrong place please direct me, any help appreciated.
Can't think of anything witty right now.
GT VIRUS
Karen

Re: Wheel Compatibility

Post by GT VIRUS »

In theory it should, but without someone testing one i wouldnt bank on it. If your looking for a cheaper alternative, there is always the DFGT
Rots
DiscoStu
DiscoStu

Post by Rots »

I have a MOMO but haven't bothered to test it. It would probably work, but my wheel doesn't work therefore my results would be biased!

(wheel the axis/buttons work but not the force feed back)
YnoT

Post by YnoT »

the momo wheel works on the ps3 but my pots in the pedals are stuffed so as long it is working fine, you should be able to use it
Ur_MumsLover

Post by Ur_MumsLover »

not sure if this carries over to GT5 but it might be worth a shot

http://boardsus.playstation.com/t5/Gran ... p/35396702" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Fanatec Porsche GT3 RS goodness
Hz-Lab
Magoo
Magoo

Post by Hz-Lab »

I didn't think the momo would work.. shit. Now I need to go find my old pedals...
c.j
Midget Wanker

Post by c.j »

Saves some coin, but I forgot how small that wheel was... and ugly, lol.

DSE were doing the DFGT for $120. Advertised at $138 but my boss talked him down when he picked it up for me.
Image[url=steam://friends/add/76561198089849481]Image[/url]

;)
Woodee
Clean as a Whistle
Clean as a Whistle

Post by Woodee »

[youtube] [/youtube]

SRT reviews a few wheels for GT5
My Fundraising Journey

Raised over £1000 for the Scoliosis Campaign Fund from 2011-2013.
Benson

Post by Benson »

Thanks lads got the ps3 last night & the momo works, gotta figure out how to map a few buttons & calibrate properly now.

Now to the task of knocking over some of these races :)
YnoT

Post by YnoT »

c.j wrote:Saves some coin, but I forgot how small that wheel was... and ugly, lol.

DSE were doing the DFGT for $120. Advertised at $138 but my boss talked him down when he picked it up for me.
Does DSE sell the DFGT anymore? I can't find it on their website.
Dan
Wobbly2.0

Post by Dan »

All the stores I've tried have sold out of the DFGT, i'm guessing it was a run out thing. Not a wheel big problem though, I'm sure others will starting selling it quite cheap soon too just like they did with the DFP
The Todd Norbury appreciation society
Hz-Lab
Magoo
Magoo

Post by Hz-Lab »

I have to wait til after xmas to try out my wheel. The original pedals are still sitting up at my old place.. lol. Pick them up chrissy day... Stoked to hear the Momo will work.
Woodee
Clean as a Whistle
Clean as a Whistle

Post by Woodee »

g25's brake pedal is very sensitive on gt5!!
My Fundraising Journey

Raised over £1000 for the Scoliosis Campaign Fund from 2011-2013.
Exar Kun
Sensible Mick

Post by Exar Kun »

Woodee wrote:g25's brake pedal is very sensitive on gt5!!
Give it a really good push to the floor once you're in the game to calibrate it then it should be fine - I had the same thing. :tilt:
"If we can hit that bull's-eye, the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate!"
Hz-Lab
Magoo
Magoo

Post by Hz-Lab »

Should I be able to use the Momo wheel by itself? minus pedals? allocating the acc & brake to buttons?
Benson

Post by Benson »

Hz-Lab wrote:Should I be able to use the Momo wheel by itself? minus pedals? allocating the acc & brake to buttons?
Yep that works just tested it then. Need to setup the wheel as GT Force & you can use the paddles & top 2 rows of buttons.
Bauer

Post by Bauer »

Exar Kun wrote:
Woodee wrote:g25's brake pedal is very sensitive on gt5!!
Give it a really good push to the floor once you're in the game to calibrate it then it should be fine - I had the same thing. :tilt:
Hey Mick - are you using the nixim mod still? Im only playing prologue (until next weekend) and I have removed the Bodnar box but left the nixim mod installed. Seems fine in prologue.
--------------
Stu
Exar Kun
Sensible Mick

Post by Exar Kun »

Yep dude - no Bodnar box but Nixim mod still in with the PS3. I need to give the brake pedal as hard a push as possible to calibrate it once i'm in game otherwise it's just super sensitive. It made for some crazy T1 action before I figured out what was going on!
"If we can hit that bull's-eye, the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate!"
Rots
DiscoStu
DiscoStu

Post by Rots »

I picked up the offical GT5 Logitech Driving Force GT on Saturday. The wheel itself feels good, but a somewhat cheap.

It's a weird wheel in the sense that it's not really an improvement over my old Momo but at the same time is. The pedals are pretty much the old Momo ones but revamped, the sequential shifter is fixed to the right side and not swapable. The buttons aren't very well placed either and it's easy to miss/press the wrong one when racing.

But, I like the wheel. The FFB is great and the 900 degree rotation is awesome to have. Whilst I'm happy with the wheel overall, it certainly shows why it is so cheap. If only the budget could stretch out to a G25 or G27! The main thing is I can now drive high powered machines and not chew tyres or take every turn with crazy power oversteer!

Oh, the brake adjustment feature is actually not to bad which lets you adjust traction control, torque split (4WD only of course), brake balance and ABS plus a few other features. Most of the adjustments only work in Arcade mode, but the important ones (Torque split, ABS and brake balance) can be adjusted in normal racing.

It's a little awkard at first but since most my brakes were pre-set for PS3 controller use, I found it a nice feature ot be able to adjust the balance on the move and the screen pop-up interface thingy is not intrusive at all and is well placed so as to not be hard to see or limit your view of the racing line.
KNAPPO
Master artist
Master artist

Post by KNAPPO »

Rots wrote:The main thing is I can now drive high powered machines and not chew tyres or take every turn with crazy power oversteer!
Bummer, I always loved seeing you in the server constantly tearing it up :nod:
Seriously tho, thats great news.
Life is hard...but, life is harder when you're dumb.
Rots
DiscoStu
DiscoStu

Post by Rots »

KNAPPO wrote:
Rots wrote:The main thing is I can now drive high powered machines and not chew tyres or take every turn with crazy power oversteer!
Bummer, I always loved seeing you in the server constantly tearing it up :nod:
Seriously tho, thats great news.
hahaha, and I loved doing that as it was shit loads of fun... but I was getting over tyres lasting 8 laps max! :D
Enforcer-J

Post by Enforcer-J »

Bugger, I think I threw out my momo pedals when I moved!