Gran Turismo 5 v1.05 Update

All GT discussion
MADCAP

Re: Gran Turismo 5 v1.05 Update

Post by MADCAP »

New Season Events today anyone done them? and how did you go?, best in Mini 3rd so far

Wasted my $$$ on FC when i can use my FD.....

Cant use my Nascar have to do some laps to kill some engine power

EDIT: FD got 2nd on 1st goe, i think i can get 1st might need to change top speed gear ratio's
Last edited by MADCAP on Fri Dec 24, 2010 3:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
+ Current Ride 2016 Ducati 959 Panigale + 2016 TONY KART 401 X30 IAME + Santa Cruz Bronson V3 CC X01 +
KNAPPO
Master artist
Master artist

Post by KNAPPO »

The 1st event was easy, the 2nd Ford Focus isnt so... 2nd is my best but ive just fitted the 20k gearbox to adjust my ratios.
Life is hard...but, life is harder when you're dumb.
c.j
Midget Wanker

Post by c.j »

r8response wrote:
c.j wrote:I haven't had access to the net on my PS3 since I fired up GT5.

Doing the first update at my brothers house tomorrow. How big am I looking at? And will it affect my savegames.
roughly 600mb

No
Good man, :yes:
Image[url=steam://friends/add/76561198089849481]Image[/url]

;)
NeilPearson
Prize Winning ARSE

Post by NeilPearson »

he will also have the various other updates to do aswell, or will 1.05 include them?
KNAPPO
Master artist
Master artist

Post by KNAPPO »

No to sure Neil but ide say 1.5 includes them.

Just finished the Nascar 2 lap Nordschelife test.
Won it on my first go past Flugplatz. I crashed on my very first go cos i didnt lift for the jump.

Wasnt too hard at all but you wonder how you are going to win at the rate you reel the first 1-2 cars in.
I made it to the first split +40 seconds off the lead and reeled the leeder in at a rate of 2-3 seconds a sector, finished lap 1 with +18 seconds to the lead. Got the lead at Brunchen with a few sectors to go and cruzed to an easy win.

This one is a really fun race and the Nascar is quite slipery around here. 1 mill credits and 100k xp isnt too bad, hope they keep these online events up.
r8response
Cry baby
Cry baby

Post by r8response »

I tried the one in the RX-7 around Tsukuba (sp?), never took time off 1st place and only managed to crawl my way up to ninth :(
c.j
Midget Wanker

Post by c.j »

No biggie, my brother has 150gb a month at ADSL2 speeds, so wont take long and doesn't matter how much.

Was just curious though because I wanted to play it tomorrow with my brothers not wait all day for it to complete then find I have to start again.

;)
r8response
Cry baby
Cry baby

Post by r8response »

Not 100% sure, but i think you need a permanent connection for the seasonal events.
ReppohC

Post by ReppohC »

I'm into the top 100 on the dirt tyre drift event but will undoubtedly drop in the coming days... Funninly enough some of the top scores on the leaderboard are from people using controllers! I'm also 2 seconds off on all the time trials (into the thousands' place now) but still running a default setup (although I don't think I'd find 2 seconds with some setup changes!). Top times are all from either the same guy using multiple accounts or the same "team" using a great setup.

Haven't really bothered with the race events as there isn't really much incentive to beat them - I dont need the money and the xp is meaningless at my level. At my current rate I will reach level 40 in about a month :eyepop: :faint: I give up! Time to start spec-b'n !
KNAPPO
Master artist
Master artist

Post by KNAPPO »

I was spewin last night as i built up a series 5 RX7 to have just under the required 394bhp then silly me changed the oil. That threw it over the limit and up to 407bhp :fall:
Will have to do the rx7 event with my standard series Efini RZ FD.

EDIT: Ha! I just threw the medium exhaust and the smaller air filter on and whala, bang on the required 394bhp. :)
ReppohC

Post by ReppohC »

Now up to 4th on the dirt Drift event... PB scores are pretty much tied with 1st place but so many weeks left I will be lucky to still be in the top 100 by the end I think. Its a bit silly but I've worked out Drift now - go as slow as you can! Its about maximising your time sideways (aka going slow, getting the right angle and staying on line). Explains why a stupid high horespower burnout machine ('62 Special) is in top spot (And why comfort hard tyres get higher scores).
c.j
Midget Wanker

Post by c.j »

The Typical Opponents tab is a great idea.

;)
KNAPPO
Master artist
Master artist

Post by KNAPPO »

Noticed something just now.

If you complete a race, win and restart, via the new restart race button gt5 will only accredit the car you are driving for the initial win. All other wins after this will not count to your cars tally until you exit out and load the track again...