Gran Turismo 5 v1.05 Update

All GT discussion
ReppohC

Gran Turismo 5 v1.05 Update

Post by ReppohC »

Thought this deserved its own thread instead of hijacking the League thread.

•Seasonal Events: [Seasonal Events] have been added to the [GT Mode] – [GT Life] screen. From here you can participate in official online events from the Polyphony Digital team. In these events, all participants are under the same regulations, and if you complete the event you will win rewards and experience. Compete on the leader boards with players around the world, in Time Trials and Drift Trials!

•Online Collector’s Dealership: An [Online Collector's Dealership] has been added to the left and centre of the [GT Mode]-[GT Life] screen. In here you will find popular and rare cars. You might just come across that one car you’ve always been looking for, that you haven’t been able to find in the [Used Car Dealership].

•Online Race Rewards and Experience: When you complete a race in the [Open Lobby] or [My Lounge], you will now gain rewards and experience points. Even if you are focused more on playing online, you’ll still be able to gain rewards and levels that you need to progress in [GT Life].

•Driving Distance and Number of Wins in Online Races: The driving distance and the number of wins you achieve when you complete a race in [Open Lobby] or [My Lounge] will now affect your stats in [Profile] and the [Garage]. Here the results from your online play will cumulate within [GT Life].

•Improved Rewards: The rewards for winning races in both A-Spec and B-Spec in [GT Mode]-[GT Life] have been increased for a limited time only. (This applies until the end of January 2011.) This is a great chance for those who were previously having difficulties getting ahead in the game, due to a lack of funds for tuning and purchasing required cars.

•Race Information Display: It is now possible to set the [Race Info Display] in [Start]-[Quick Options]. (You can also set this in [Race Display] in [Options]).

•Save Data Backup: You can now copy and restore your save data. For details, please refer to the in-game [Manual].

•User BGM (Menu): From [Options]-[Hardware]-[Audio Settings], it is now possible to set the [User BGM] (Menu)]. (This can also be set from the [Music Library] within [GT Mode]).

•Car Name Change: The official name of “Red Bull X1″ has been changed to the “Red Bull X2010″.

•Integration with the Website: The main features within [GT Mode]-[Community] can now also be accessed through the “gran-turismo.com” official website.
•[Important Note:] We have made improvements to the [Log] within [GT Mode]- [Community] section, in order to make its operation more stable. Please note that the information that was contained here from before the update has been reset.
MORE UPDATES:

•The license test menus have been streamlined. After winning a bronze or silver trophy, for example, you have the option to immediately restart the test without having to sit through the animation sequence. (Thanks, Alex.)
•GT Academy USA has now been listed in the new Seasonal Events (I’m writing up a full post on this now).
•Mechanical damage has now been implemented in the game’s “Practice Mode” – the first time the feature has been usable outside of the custom online events.

http://www.gtplanet.net/gran-turismo-5- ... lable-now/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Lots of interesting changes - didn't expect this - a good xmas present. Pissed off some of this wasn't in the original release (i.e ability to instantly redo a licence test @#%#@ IVE ALREADY DONE THEM ALL NOW!). Seasonal events look varied and fun though, and leaderboards finally. Save games are already being exploilted to get "infinite" x1s however (sorry X2010's). De-values all the effort i put in to get my ones :melt: Wouldn't be surprised if online goes to shit with everyone using x1s too, although they are a bit of an animal to drive

I feel a bit silly for putting in all this effort when I could have waited a few weeks and it would have been so much easier. Still I do need about 15 million xp to get to level 40 and finish the last damn (A-spec) event! Actually thank god for this patch... I needed to do Le Mans 24 hr another 6 times to get to level 40 (that was the quickest way to level 40!). But now online racing and seasonal events might have saved me!
Rots
DiscoStu
DiscoStu

Re: Gran Turismo 5 v1.05 Update

Post by Rots »

Yeah a pretty good patch overall. The online reward/xp should have been there from start, and I like the collectors garage idea.

I'd still like to see some more improvements in the damage model... the ability to continue driving after a crash into a concrete wall at 300km/h really defeats the purpose of a real driving simulator.
MADCAP

Post by MADCAP »

awesome update, stuck at work today, but will download to test later tonight, ONLINE fun got even better now!!!!
+ Current Ride 2016 Ducati 959 Panigale + 2016 TONY KART 401 X30 IAME + Santa Cruz Bronson V3 CC X01 +
GT VIRUS
Karen

Post by GT VIRUS »

I like the option to remove the HUD. That always annoyed me
KNAPPO
Master artist
Master artist

Post by KNAPPO »

I keep getting "A connection to the server could not be established" when i fire up GT5.
Had it this morning after i updated and was hoping it would be gone this arvo but no luck.

Anyone else getting it?
Life is hard...but, life is harder when you're dumb.
KNAPPO
Master artist
Master artist

Post by KNAPPO »

WOO HOO!

Formula Gran Turismo is mine. The restart race without having to go in and out of menus is fantastic (should have been there all along) and you can generate some decent coin quite quickly now. :D
Scottie

Post by Scottie »

hey Knapster, try clearing temporary data or the online data or whatever it is in the network utilites menu.

beyond that, i'm stumped!
GT VIRUS
Karen

Post by GT VIRUS »

He got the F1, so i think he is right. I've noticed the one in the commmunity garage is a diff colour to the one you can get in the dealership. Hopefully more colours for it appear.

Anyone tried the community events? They are tough :S
Brett_S

Post by Brett_S »

I did the first 3 seasonal events last night and then read over at OCAU that you can modify the cars.....

Where's the challenge in that?
This is the way the world works, if you want want to find some quality friends you have to wade through all the d**ks first - Eric Cartman
KNAPPO
Master artist
Master artist

Post by KNAPPO »

Dam the FormulaGT is fast!
MADCAP

Post by MADCAP »

Hey Guys,

Last night i saved my data to a differant Harddrive, then copied it upstairs PS3 to see if it come across correctly.....

After doing all the updates etc etc, then proceeded to copy the data to my 2nd PS3, it all seemed fine but!!!

Garage cars, on 2nd PS3 some are displayed showing the car and some are not showing, basically the cars are all there, but some show the cars in the display box, but a few are only displaying the LOGO brand names of the cars "WEIRD"

Another thing was the Photos did not copy across nor did the videos

EXP - OK
Coin - OK
Events - only checked a FEW seem all good

Whats been your experience on the backup data and transfers to another PS3?

Why do i have 2 x PS3 - for media centres for movies / music / games " to keep the missy happy " :D
+ Current Ride 2016 Ducati 959 Panigale + 2016 TONY KART 401 X30 IAME + Santa Cruz Bronson V3 CC X01 +
GT VIRUS
Karen

Post by GT VIRUS »

Brett_S wrote:I did the first 3 seasonal events last night and then read over at OCAU that you can modify the cars.....

Where's the challenge in that?
Only the things the don't affect HP/weight, so it doesn't seem to help much. That first one is a bitch no matter how many mods you put on it :P
Brett_S

Post by Brett_S »

GT VIRUS wrote:
Brett_S wrote:Only the things the don't affect HP/weight, so it doesn't seem to help much. That first one is a bitch no matter how many mods you put on it :P
That was the harder of the three I did, I just adjusted the brake balance and it worked for me

I got stuck on the Dodge challenge as it tops out at 185km/h. Sticking in an adjustable tranny will fix that :D

Anyone tried the Time Trial stages?
This is the way the world works, if you want want to find some quality friends you have to wade through all the d**ks first - Eric Cartman
ReppohC

Post by ReppohC »

Brett_S wrote:Anyone tried the Time Trial stages?
About 650th in both FWD and RWD TT's but 2-3 seconds off the top times. I only did a few laps of each just to get a feel for it, using the same cars as the top times, but I don't see myself getting much more out of the car without some serious setup changes. I'm a bit surprised that every challenge (time trials and drift events) have the same car for the top 100 but a very large discrepency in times/scores. Surely other cars can set a time within a few seconds of the top time or etc?

I've actually gotten a Rx7 into the RWD TT but its 1230kg and 246 hp (shows 247 in garage menu). Needs an oil change badly :D Looking to try and get that in the top 100.

As for drift I'm 3500th with my MINOLTA "Comfort soft" race car... hahaha. I tried using the X1 but even with comfort soft tyres you cant make it slide :(
MADCAP

Post by MADCAP »

Any tips on mods for the Honda CR-Z, got 2nd but the car in front is just too fast on the straights - what modz have we all done to beat the guy at the front? Oh this is the Seasoned Event No.1 Race 2

The Nissan GTR - I smashed this in 3 goes no problemo, NOW i have a fully worked GTR R35 to play with for online or other race events........
KNAPPO
Master artist
Master artist

Post by KNAPPO »

MADCAP wrote:The Nissan GTR - I smashed this in 3 goes no problemo, NOW i have a fully worked GTR R35 to play with for online or other race events........
Yeah that event was very easy. Took the lead on the last lap but its not hard to hunt them all down.
The event pays out 1mil in credit and 100k in XP.

:D
SE1Z

Post by SE1Z »

KNAPPO wrote:
MADCAP wrote:The Nissan GTR - I smashed this in 3 goes no problemo, NOW i have a fully worked GTR R35 to play with for online or other race events........
Yeah that event was very easy. Took the lead on the last lap but its not hard to hunt them all down.
The event pays out 1mil in credit and 100k in XP.

:D
Wow... I must suck!
haha

I bought a new R32 and spend around 150k on it, got it close to the HP cut-off but can get nowhere near the other cars!
I managed 11th... but man... my car just doesnt have the speed...
Steve
---
Rots
DiscoStu
DiscoStu

Post by Rots »

I haven't tried the GTR one yet... this morning I had a go at the RX-7 around Deep Forest, won it first go. I love Deep Forest, my favourite GT track.

I also had a crack at the Fiat 500 event, came second and was about 2 seconds behind the leader. Might have to tweak the settings to get more corner speed or something. :)
Speed

Post by Speed »

Doh, I bought a R35 Vspec with 478 HP (race is 493 max), & spent 316K all up including , (Edit: all Non engine related), upgrades. Did an oil change on it & it took it to 502 HP.......did some races 151 km's on the clock & now it's 510 HP. :doh:

On the bright side I've been playing with setup & I think I've got it handling pretty reasonable. Understeers like a bastard with the default settings.

Anyone know how many km's before the power starts to go down. Just wondering if I'm better off to just buy another one.
Last edited by Speed on Thu Dec 23, 2010 2:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
http://500px.com/Warren_Joyce" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
MADCAP

Post by MADCAP »

Speed wrote:Doh, I bought a R35 Vspec with 478 HP (race is 493 max), & spent 316K all up including upgrades. Did an oil change on it & it took it to 502 HP.......did some races 151 km's on the clock & now it's 510 HP. :doh:

On the bright side I've been playing with setup & I think I've got it handling pretty reasonable. Understeers like a bastard with the default settings.

Anyone know how many km's before the power starts to go down. Just wondering if I'm better off to just buy another one.

you can take some of the Modz back to stock, etc etc.. go to tune and sellect standard parts
Speed

Post by Speed »

MADCAP wrote: you can take some of the Modz back to stock, etc etc.. go to tune and sellect standard parts
I didn't do any engine mods at all, just an oil change.
http://500px.com/Warren_Joyce" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
r8response
Cry baby
Cry baby

Post by r8response »

Another selection of Seasonal races just showed up. Top earner is 2 laps around the nord in a Sprint Cup car :eek:
KNAPPO
Master artist
Master artist

Post by KNAPPO »

NICE, gonna have to give this a spin after lunch. Thanks for the heads up r8.
c.j
Midget Wanker

Post by c.j »

I haven't had access to the net on my PS3 since I fired up GT5.

Doing the first update at my brothers house tomorrow. How big am I looking at? And will it affect my savegames.
Image[url=steam://friends/add/76561198089849481]Image[/url]

;)
r8response
Cry baby
Cry baby

Post by r8response »

c.j wrote:I haven't had access to the net on my PS3 since I fired up GT5.

Doing the first update at my brothers house tomorrow. How big am I looking at? And will it affect my savegames.
roughly 600mb

No