Photo Blog

All GT discussion
c.j
Midget Wanker

Photo Blog

Post by c.j »

Not of much interest to you lads, share more pictures with you here at ARSE than anywhere else. However I started this today... Will add to it as I feel I take shots worthy, though as I said you will probably see them in the GT5 photo mode forum anyway.

Be brutal regarding the pic, what I think is great probably isn't and I would like to know what you think I could do to improve pics I take in GT5.

Note - I am not doing any photo shopping etc. Don't have the knowledge or the PC to run it at the moment. Its a program I would love to use but haven't ever really giving it a good crack. Now I have found something with ease to take photo's of a favourite subject I might consider learning the "dark art".

More to come in the next following days will be more track oriented shots, more RM cars etc.

http://fleshrocketgt5.blogspot.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Image[url=steam://friends/add/76561198089849481]Image[/url]

;)
wabbit

Re: Photo Blog

Post by wabbit »

Alrighty...

Top pic: I personally would like to see a tad bit more of the Viper (otherwise happy, it does look mean)
1st two: Looks washed out? (grey)
3rd one: I really like it, I'm finding the race shots more interesting these days (rather than the poser photos).
Blue Vet: all good

* I don't have a head for taking good photos, I've never even owned a real camera. Just calling it as I see it. :yes:
Speed

Post by Speed »

My Favourite is the Challenger in front of the plane although I think it's cropped just a touch tight at the top. I would like to see the whole of the cockpit in frame rather than just cut off a tiny bit.

Next, I like the Vette in front of the green lit building & I also like the Viper shot as is.

I would like the shot of the 3 cars at Indy? but shots taken on an angle do my head in.... might just be me.

Overall I think they are great, you have a real eye for photography.

What's your affinity with #23..... it was my racing number for 16 years when I raced speedway ?
http://500px.com/Warren_Joyce" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
c.j
Midget Wanker

Post by c.j »

Cheers Speed,

I have very limited experience so at the moment all the angles and beginners mistakes will be apparent. Also the fact this this is not a real camera is not lost on me.

Will adjust the shots as feed back comes in, so this is great feedback. I am still searching for an DSLR I am comfortable with, I have been playing with a mates Sony, taking photo's of his Shepards and my daughter but this blog is for two reasons. But it feels too clunky, yet to have a decent play with something nicer however I might bite the bullet and purchase a new body now my son is on his way.

1. To kill my nerves whilst my wife is in hospital.
2. An outlet for my photo's, I guess there needs to be a reason to take them, lol.

I have removed the race mod post. I will take some proper shots. This post was more of an exercise in learning the software and finding the easiest method to share the pics.

As with 23, well it has always been a numbered I have used. Even to the point where I would put 23 ball rounds in my magazines and 7 tracer to make the difference to 30. 23 on my dirt bikes, 23 online. I used 46 for a while too, which was a tip of the hat to Rossi but 23 has always just seemed to be my favourite number.

;)
c.j
Midget Wanker

Post by c.j »

updated the heading, and edited the posts.

Found a better angle for the Challenger. I wanted to keep the red light highlighting the Challenger R/T badge on the front of the car, will have to have another go to get that angle right and keep the plane a similar position.

What I would like to know from you lads, is when you are taking pictures irl and in a game like this, how much of the background is on purpose? I find myself trying to capture the whole shot and think I over complicate the image most times.

;)
wabbit

Post by wabbit »

Oh yeah, I likey alot :yes:
Speed

Post by Speed »

c.j wrote:, how much of the background is on purpose?
Firstly, photography is very subjective & there are no real, definitive answers & the following points are my opinion.

The background always needs to be taken into account & photographed in a way as to add to the aesthetics of an image.

If the background it cluttered & busy it is generally a good idea to shoot with a big aperture, (small "F" stop number ), to blur the background out & keep the focus on the main subject. If the background is interesting then keeping it in focus will add to the image providing your angles are pleasing.

One of the more important aspects of a photograph is to do with the rule of thirds. http://www.silverlight.co.uk/tutorials/ ... hirds.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
It is usually a good idea to focus on the main point of interest in an image, lock your focus, & then recompose the shot so that the focus point isn't dead square in the centre.
http://500px.com/Warren_Joyce" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
c.j
Midget Wanker

Post by c.j »

Speed wrote:It is usually a good idea to focus on the main point of interest in an image, lock your focus, & then recompose the shot so that the focus point isn't dead square in the centre.
Shit hot info thanks Speed, that is actually the one thing I have been doing. I have no idea why as never owned a camera. I dont regard my little canon point and shoot as much of a camera. It is a credit card with one eye and a screen. I want an SLR, lol. I am kind of using some of these examples to convince the other half that it would be a solid investment for our kids. Well for us, for our kids, lol.

Its the angles I need to concentrate on :yes:

;)
wabbit

Post by wabbit »

c.j that old Viper pic you did which I thought was too dark.

I just figured it out, to me its like seeing the chicks tits in the pic but can't get the full picture without the hips and ass.
c.j
Midget Wanker

Post by c.j »

I sought of was seeking something that would look cool on the TDU2 cover when I was taking it.

;)