Gran Turismo 6 announced

All GT discussion
Rots
DiscoStu
DiscoStu

Re: Gran Turismo 6 announced

Post by Rots »

Driving on the moon... righto, that's a new one! IN!!
Exar Kun
Sensible Mick

Post by Exar Kun »

Rots wrote:Driving on the moon... righto, that's a new one! IN!!
Never played Racing Destruction Set on Commodore 64? Most excellent use of the lunar rover in that one. :)
"If we can hit that bull's-eye, the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate!"
wobblysauce
Seen it, Done it, Invented it!

Post by wobblysauce »

:( Gran Turismo 6 has micro-transactions
http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2013- ... ansactions" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Some play it safe on the merry-go-round, others go for the thrills of the roller-coaster.

ᕙ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕗ vs ლ(ಠ益ಠ)ლ

I have a joke for you. I have a prediction that you are going to walk into a bar, my prediction was wrong and your wallet is gone.
Pinger$

Post by Pinger$ »

Fuck GT6... gone from pioneering franchise to uninspired bore-fest on an EOL hardware platform.
Luigi only likes Ferraris.
GT VIRUS
Karen

Post by GT VIRUS »

I don't see the issue with Micro-transactions as long as it's not the only way to get some content. It's the same as the GTA:O ones and noone complains about that!
ReppohC

Post by ReppohC »

Probably the first gt game ill skip. From all accounts over on gt planet the game is pretty disappointing. Licenses are apparently really easy (gold by seconds), arcade races are 6-8 cars, player car headlights are only light source in night races. Sounds are the same and the driving "feel" is about the same. The good news? New suspension and tyre model, and a new menu system which is much more steamlined. No interesting features are visible yet either so there is still hope (kw suspension jig, GPS course maker, etc).

You are also forced to buy a Honda fit as your first car to do the tutorial levels. The game is very linear (normal for gt games), unlock more races by earning stars (3 per race), slowly unlocking higher license levels and content. Sounds like a major grind to get anywhere though. Everyone is praying the day one patch unlocks or adds a lot of content.
wabbit

Post by wabbit »

Thanks Rep, I was thinking the same.
Righteous
Master artist
Master artist

Post by Righteous »

It's such a shame. This will be the first one I'll skip too. Sounds like it's just more of the same.

They really need to have a rethink about the series. The development cycle is so long because of the insane level of content but it doesn't add anything.

There may be a billion cars in the game but I rarely used more than 10% of them I reckon.

The fact that the release date is after the PS4 launch too is just crazy.

Maybe a PS4 version will get me interested again.
SE1Z

Post by SE1Z »

This will also be the first GT game I wont be buying.

They fucked me over with GT5, won't let it happen again!
Steve
---
wabbit

Post by wabbit »

For me it really comes down the old saying vote with your wallet. Because it's truly the only thing profit based companies care about. I think it's also taken me a little while longer to work out the saying really does work both ways.

So in this case and more boardly with next gen consoles. I'll pony up when Sony fix some horrible stuff with the PS4 and again if GT6 changes things.

Otherwise it'll be GTA6 that'll most likely push me to get a PS4. I'm lucky I guess, from memory I only play 3 games on a console.
petey

Post by petey »

As far as I'm aware. Sony couldn't care less if nobody bought GT6. With ps4 out what does it matter.

Plus a lot of the problem with the gran turismo franchise is exactly the point that they design it without most consumers in mind. It is a simulator designed how they want to period.
If you can leave two black stripes from the exit of one corner to the braking zone of the next, you finally have enough horsepower.
wabbit

Post by wabbit »

Petey, because Sony make money on 3rd party licensing. The jury is still out on exactly how much Sony is making per PS4, some say its as little as $18, others say they're running it at a loss.

Bottom line, it matters.
petey

Post by petey »

GT6 is a small fry compared to GT5 though, it's just a stepping stone.
If you can leave two black stripes from the exit of one corner to the braking zone of the next, you finally have enough horsepower.
ReppohC

Post by ReppohC »

Some other new info... No b-spec in v1.00. No "endurance" races (max race length is 25 minutes). Money / hybrid / save game hacks are already floating around.
petey

Post by petey »

Biggest gripe with GT5 is the modified cars in online.
nutty
Spam King
Spam King

Post by nutty »

I brought it from ozgameshop for $69.. I loved GT5 so ill give it ago.

Will be really disappointed if the licencing stuff is easy.. I loved the golding all of them
petey

Post by petey »

Big Kev
Clean as a Whistle
Clean as a Whistle

Post by Big Kev »

I once tried to make a GPL track based around where I work but the maths did my head in. This would be awesome if I could just drive it and then load it in to the game!!
ARSE Biscuits! Driftu Kingu!
My Flickr Stream
SE1Z

Post by SE1Z »

petey wrote:Holy GPS Track Maker Batman

Sold!
This almost changes everything....
Assuming it works well, I'm in!

How quickly my mind can change.... haha :eyepop: :aussie:
Steve
---
petey

Post by petey »

It says that it will be released in an update. So I'll wait and see but the idea is awesome.
wobblysauce
Seen it, Done it, Invented it!

Post by wobblysauce »

Intresting if they add some sort of Google view as a base with over lay mashup.
Some play it safe on the merry-go-round, others go for the thrills of the roller-coaster.

ᕙ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕗ vs ლ(ಠ益ಠ)ლ

I have a joke for you. I have a prediction that you are going to walk into a bar, my prediction was wrong and your wallet is gone.
nutty
Spam King
Spam King

Post by nutty »

Mate got his today from mightyape, i went with ozgameshop so im likely to get it sometime between now and 2050
ReppohC

Post by ReppohC »

They did a good job patching GT5 (spec II especially), and there is certainly a lot of room for improvement in this title, so fingers crossed :p Certainly they have a lot of big features to release; gps / course maker, updated sounds, suspension rig, bspec, damage, endurance racing, seasonal events, online mode, standing starts, qualifying, etc. The fact my car will be supported for the "gps telemetry playback" is also a big plus, although I hope it works with user created tracks too as its a bit of a trek to the closest ingame track :) Maybe one day i'll pick this up when its on special.

After playing the game (*cough*) for a few days now there are a few things I do like; the coffee break things are varied(fuel saving?), GoodWood is a blast to drive, lunar rover missions are fun for the first 15 seconds. Driving feels about the same but it has been a long time since I played GT5. Also I haven't seen the top gear test track so possibly was removed? Probably a licensing conflict with forza as they are topgear centric. That all said I am completely and utterly over this "chase the rabbit" career races - starting in a queue of spaced out cars in last place.
Last edited by ReppohC on Thu Dec 05, 2013 5:02 pm, edited 2 times in total.
petey

Post by petey »

I never played the career races in GT5, seasonal events made enough money to just buy cars and have fun by myself + online.

I would hope it may be the same for GT6.
ReppohC

Post by ReppohC »

In that case I imagine it will be great. Just remember they have added micro transactions so I can't imagine seasonal events having the same payout as GT5 (which was a bit over the top in my opinion). Who knows though :)