Gran Turismo 6 announced

All GT discussion
petey

Re: Gran Turismo 6 announced

Post by petey »

Fair point, that is a bummer.

I entirely agree the payouts are over the top, particularly when you run lower PP cars and get the bonus - often getting a million per race. However that is probably the only reason I have kept playing. It means I can buy whatever cars I like.
If you can leave two black stripes from the exit of one corner to the braking zone of the next, you finally have enough horsepower.
dvestate
Prize Winning ARSE

Post by dvestate »

I am pretty sure I will be getting this for xmas, was on my list of stuff to get and I was asked for my ozgameshop account details by the wife.

I specifically said that version for the two dlc packs that it comes with :)

I expect it to arrive late next week or early the week after

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
nutty
Spam King
Spam King

Post by nutty »

How long do they normally take dvestate? I ordered it from there? was hoping for it tomorrow as the girl is away
Scottie

Post by Scottie »

Well I'm ready to pick up my anniversary ed from the shops after work tomorrow. I'll let you know my thoughts eventually.

I like how they've re-allowed the b-spec to stand in for you in a-spec. It'll make the endurance races a humungous load more manageable! The tyres and suspension are a good thing, and having propper cockpits will be nice too, nont of this standard car shyte. looking forward to it!
matticooper

Post by matticooper »

Article on the micro transactions. It does point out that all cars can be unlocked eventually, but if you're the "I want it now type", the Jaguar XJ13 will cost about AU$220.

Some microtransactions in GT6 cost more than the game itself
SE1Z

Post by SE1Z »

[youtube] [/youtube]

wow.... :yikes:
Steve
---
Brett_S

Post by Brett_S »

I think I'll pass on this one and wait for whatever comes out for the PS4 (GT6 redone or GT7).

There's some cool stuff, but not enough to devote all that time once again.
This is the way the world works, if you want want to find some quality friends you have to wade through all the d**ks first - Eric Cartman
GT VIRUS
Karen

Post by GT VIRUS »

That comparison vid is very good. Seems on par with the rFactor mod version :)

I got it this morning, but am still waiting for the 1.2gb patch!
GT VIRUS
Karen

Post by GT VIRUS »

Internet just dropped out at 60%, have to restart! FFS!
ReppohC

Post by ReppohC »

Seems most of the patch is the new intro movie. Theres 5 new cars (2x deltawing, 2x NSX and the Merc Vision car)

Unofficial change log from GTplanet forum...

GT6 first day patch v1.01 is live weighing in at 1207 MB
  • Vision GT has been added to the home screen.
  • Mercedes-Benz AMG Vision Gran Turismo is available as a gift car.
  • Online part has been modified on the home screen. 1.00 had 4 available online modes. Community, Open lobby, Quick Match and Seasonal events. In the 1.01 patch there is only Open lobby and Seasonal events in the online section on the home screen
  • GT game server is now online in Europe.
  • Car tuning menus has been updater to expand/collapse function.
  • Freshman Cup added to National B mode.
  • Gornergrat League added to National A mode.
  • Status screen has an updated layout.
  • Tyre type fitted to car is now displayed in lower left corner of race display when driving.
  • Setting limits for car tuning has been altered.
  • Deltawing added to the dealership
  • Prize cars added to various events. Open the event again to receive your prize if event is golded pre 1.01 patch.
  • Target times for some licence tests and "coffe break" events has been altered.
  • Tyre sound has been altered.
  • Online events are open for participants with International A licence or higher.
ReppohC

Post by ReppohC »

Scottie wrote:I like how they've re-allowed the b-spec to stand in for you in a-spec. It'll make the endurance races a humungous load more manageable! The tyres and suspension are a good thing, and having propper cockpits will be nice too, nont of this standard car shyte. looking forward to it!
B-Spec is still MIA, as are endurance races, but I imagine they are going to be adding (or activating) a lot of content in the next few months. Standard cars are still out in force in this game although many have been improved. There are still low res textures on some cars (Supra?), no wipers, no interior, same as GT5. I believe the final car list is ~1207 cars + DLC, so you can ignore the odd crappy standard car I think.
ReppohC

Post by ReppohC »

BRZ doing a lap of Bathurst. I must have accidentally put the windscreen wipers on :p
994378_10151763555921867_811294699_n.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Rots
DiscoStu
DiscoStu

Post by Rots »

Interesting, I wasn't going to bother with GT6, but that Bathurst comparision has twisted my arm. Will get it for Xmas :)
wobblysauce
Seen it, Done it, Invented it!

Post by wobblysauce »

GT6 looks way to smooth.
Some play it safe on the merry-go-round, others go for the thrills of the roller-coaster.

ᕙ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕗ vs ლ(ಠ益ಠ)ლ

I have a joke for you. I have a prediction that you are going to walk into a bar, my prediction was wrong and your wallet is gone.
Rots
DiscoStu
DiscoStu

Post by Rots »

Last time I drove around Bathurst I don't remember it to be very bumpy... but I was only doing 60 and was ina Holden Calais.

GT games have always been very smooth.

By the way, 60km/h down the Mountain is farken awesome and scarey as all fuck. Loved every second of it.
petey

Post by petey »

Big W seems to have it for $68. Might go and get it today.
If you can leave two black stripes from the exit of one corner to the braking zone of the next, you finally have enough horsepower.
GT VIRUS
Karen

Post by GT VIRUS »

I'm enjoying it so far. It's still GT, so expect it to be grindy as always, but the driving model seems a little more lively (Nothing like a true sim, but something better).

Also, for the first time in any racing game, the flaggie at the end of the race can wave it properly!
petey

Post by petey »

Worth it.

Suspension is far better, fixed the no-abs brakes and fixed the always miss a gear because you didn't clutch 100% at the right time.

Only done one race in my K series S13 and these few little niggly things from GT5 make it worth while.

EDIT: Also noteworthy they have implemented Nitrous Oxide, I did giggle a little.
ReppohC

Post by ReppohC »

Its bloody expensive too! 100,000 cr?

First reviews are out now, a few are waiting on patch / online, while others are "done". Averaging 8/10 which is higher then i was expecting.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/12/06/ ... o-6-review" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
petey

Post by petey »

I have to say, my first impressions are good.

Tyres feel soo much better, as does the suspension load and curb riding.

So much better than GT5 and I was still playing GT5 even today.

Back to it.
dvestate
Prize Winning ARSE

Post by dvestate »

Should not used it as a Xmas list filler by the looks of it, seems to be getting some wraps

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
Shaun

Post by Shaun »

My query for owners, do you have to update the ps3 to play it? Also when you put the game in is it play out the box or more updates? Forza 5 burnt me with a 6gb content download on day one, fuck that
Hello :aussie:
TIMMY30

Post by TIMMY30 »

If your connected to psn id say youd have to do the download. Generally the disc will have the latest firmware update on it for those who arent connected to the net.
petey

Post by petey »

I thought the latest ps3 update was optional?

In any case, there is an update for the game which must be installed. Looking back up the page GT Virus said it was 1.2gb

Took about 15mins to download here.
Shaun

Post by Shaun »

When you only have 8gb a month on pocket wifi it makes it hard to deal with updates, might buy it and update it at someone's house lol
Hello :aussie: