Gran Turismo 6 announced

All GT discussion
petey

Re: Gran Turismo 6 announced

Post by petey »

Probably a good idea.

On a sidenote, one of the more annoying features of GT5 is still here. Having to turn Traction Control/ABS off whenever you drive a vehicle for the first time. Why can I not set this to default off?!?
If you can leave two black stripes from the exit of one corner to the braking zone of the next, you finally have enough horsepower.
GT VIRUS
Karen

Post by GT VIRUS »

The logic is right, having individual settings for each car. Just needs a default setting somewhere!
petey

Post by petey »

Thats what I was getting at. The other annoying thing is that it is not a realworld abs or traction system.

Sent from my C5303 using Tapatalk
If you can leave two black stripes from the exit of one corner to the braking zone of the next, you finally have enough horsepower.
GT VIRUS
Karen

Post by GT VIRUS »

Just worked out you can't roll the Caterham, just resets when you get it over 90 degree's.
petey

Post by petey »

Interesting. Came close to rolling my s2000 earlier. Hopped a curb and 2 wheeled a while.

ReppohC

Post by ReppohC »

I've rolled cars plenty of times, especially at trial mountain. The car still does that weird floaty slow roll over weirdness.

On a similar but unrelated note a lot of cars seem to do endos on the matterhon track.
[youtube] [/youtube]
wobblysauce
Seen it, Done it, Invented it!

Post by wobblysauce »

Tribute to LFS? or funny physics with the front brakes.
Some play it safe on the merry-go-round, others go for the thrills of the roller-coaster.

ᕙ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕗ vs ლ(ಠ益ಠ)ლ

I have a joke for you. I have a prediction that you are going to walk into a bar, my prediction was wrong and your wallet is gone.
petey

Post by petey »

I thought I noticed an endo on Matterhorn. It was at night so I couldn't be sure. I figure it's because the AI have extra grip or something to that effect.

In terms of the rollover, the gravity seems alot better in this compared to GT5. Curb hopping and jumps in general feel pretty good.
GT VIRUS
Karen

Post by GT VIRUS »

I grabbed a Shifter Kart tonight, and boy that is great fun! Can just throw it in everywhere just need to watch out for any raised kerbing. Only issue is they don't let karts on tracks with time change for some reason, so couldn't try it on most of the new tracks, but was great at laguna!
petey

Post by petey »

No headlights?

GT VIRUS
Karen

Post by GT VIRUS »

Must be (although they do have a little torch in the Nassau panel)
Jamo

Post by Jamo »

I've had a copy of this since about a week before launch (perks of the job) and I'm still yet to even take it home.

If I plug in a G25 will it just work without dicking around? I know jackshit about consoles. My PS3 is exclusively a BD Player LOL
I drink a great deal, I sleep a little and I smoke cigar after cigar. That is why I am in two hundred percent form - Sir Winston Churchill
GT VIRUS
Karen

Post by GT VIRUS »

Yep, plug it in and off you go Jamo
ReppohC

Post by ReppohC »

X11 is a blast around Bathurst. Almost under a minute after 10 laps and haven't even started tuning the car yet. Skyline @ 350 kph, Conrod @ 480 kph haha.
http://i39.tinypic.com/4lppux.jpg" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://i44.tinypic.com/etfmn7.jpg" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Also managed under 2 minutes in the LCC Rocket '07 (my second favourite car ;))

Absolutely over the game now though, just got to IA races and its really turning into a chore.
petey

Post by petey »

I've got to the super class and indeed it does feel grindy. Certainly haven't finished all races so far just what's necessary to move on.

matticooper

Post by matticooper »

[youtube] [/youtube]

A glitch in Gran Turismo 6 is allowing players to acquire 20 million in in-game currency by selling the same car over and over.

The game’s latest patch (1.0.1) gifted everyone a Mercedes-Benz AMG Vision, and enterprising players soon realised the car could be sold, the patch uninstalled and reinstalled, and the process repeated.

Selling the car nets the player 20 million credits each time – the maximum amount of cash allowed.
SE1Z

Post by SE1Z »

That is awesome!
take that in game microtransactions!! :tilt:
Steve
---
petey

Post by petey »

Bullshit. It reckons it can't be sold. I probably tried after a it had been patched. Lame

Scottie

Post by Scottie »

And I thought having the 1,000,000 from the Anniversary edition ruined the game...
petey

Post by petey »

I have had my total over 1mil without the anniversary edition so far, back down to around 200k now though.

20mil would certainly be enough to sort me out for plenty a while, why you would need more I do not know.
Big Kev
Clean as a Whistle
Clean as a Whistle

Post by Big Kev »

So, is it worth getting? Just wondering about suggesting it for someone to get me for Christmas.

Trouble is I haven't played GT5 very much. It all got a bit samey once I'd got a couple of cars and done the license tests.
ARSE Biscuits! Driftu Kingu!
My Flickr Stream
petey

Post by petey »

I personally have never enjoyed gran turismo without a wheel. So that's a must in my opinion.
Also the singleplayer is as repetitive as you would expect.

I'm still having fun found some fellas who enjoy clean racing online with comfort/sport tyres and lowish pp cars.

Really it depends on why you might want the game. Pretty cars and graphics. Sound isn't brilliant for engines but the "engine" is pretty good.

If you found gt5 samey then this isn't much better. Although yet to see how varied the seasonal events may be and or dlc.

Jamo

Post by Jamo »

I finally took it home last night. How the hell do I update it. I've never hooked the net up to my PS3 before.

Also if I plug in the G25 is the PS3 controller still used in the menu's etc, as I imagine navigating those labyrinthine menu's (what a mess!) would be painful with a wheel.

WTF Have they never did a PC version of this title that'd be bloody beaut!
I drink a great deal, I sleep a little and I smoke cigar after cigar. That is why I am in two hundred percent form - Sir Winston Churchill
petey

Post by petey »

When you start up the game you have to hold the ps button on your controller and change it back to number 1 to use it in the menus.

Network settings in the ps3 home to set up internet connection.

GT VIRUS
Karen

Post by GT VIRUS »

Game has been updated to 1.02, upping the credits earned per race and adding a couple of cool things. The Red Bull challenge has shown the potential of this game and how much they stuffed up. The X2014 junior is a fantastic car, and they use standing starts in the series which makes the racing much more interesting. The AI has it's issues, but it's still heaps more fun when you have a pack around you! If only they could change the rest of single play to standing starts, so I don't have to use an overpowered car just to catch up!