GT5 Prologue

All GT discussion
Gizmo
forum fairy - in a gay way!

Re: GT5 Prologue

Post by Gizmo »

It took me 15 minutes to get a table into the living room so i could play with the g25. after 2 races i spent another 15 mins moving everything back. The amount of crashing idots on the servers is beyond belife. Privet rooms really needs to be introcuded.
Rypien

Post by Rypien »

The amount of crashing idots on the servers is beyond belife. Privet rooms really needs to be introcuded.
Yep. I hope PD bring the private room function into GT5:P, but i have a sinking feeling that it may not surface until the full version of GT5. Fingers crossed though.

I tend to start my races on the hour, then at 15 min intervals (ie 8pm, 8:15pm, 8:30pm, 8:45pm, 9pm etc....). You usually get a couple of minutes between finishing your race and then starting your next one. Most of the Gran Turismo forums seem to have members whom do this, and if you can get in with a good bunch then you generally get those same guys race after race (as long as you all press start at the same 15minute intervals). Many nights i manage to get on with a few of the euro GTRP boys ( http://209.85.171.104/translate_c?hl=en ... ev=/search% ) and a few of the GTP guys ( http://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?t=111205 ). A few of my GT forum mates also come on from time to time ( http://home.people.net.au/~tosk/phpBB3/ ... 53&start=0 ). But even by doing it this way you still can get the odd crashing idiot who ruins it for everyone.

My biggest gripe is the RBE (rubber band effect) that GT5:P seems to have adopted in order to get even close racing. If your way out in front your laptimes seem to get worse, while if your way behind your laptimes become superquick. Whilst in front your car begins to slow due to some invisible force, while when behind your car gets faster and easier to handle for some reason. Its shit. I'm sure this silly feature will be removed at a later patch or indeed the full version of GT5.
Gizmo

Post by Gizmo »

Has there been a physics update to this Rypien? It feels different, the slides are more controable.
Rypien

Post by Rypien »

Every update seems to have included a slight tweak.
Rypien

Post by Rypien »

PD have finally listened to the masses and have a new event with the latest download that gets rid of the dreaded 'rubber band effect'. Its a nice Suzuka 650PP event called 'No Mercy'. Its makes users have S2 Tyres and without the catchup help, you can usually loose the idiot crashers in the first half lap. Finally. :yes:

Still no private lobby feature as yet though :(
Rypien

Post by Rypien »

Heya lads.

Myself and a couple of mates from a Gran Turismo forum (Torctalk) i'm a member of are going to be having a couple of hours of racing this comming Monday Night starting around 8pm (GMT +10). Will be running the 650PP Fuji event.

Although GT5:P does not allow for pre game lobbies, you can all get into the same race by simply pressing the 'start race' button at the exact same time (ie you all press start at 8pm, then 8:20pm, then 8:40pm etc....). as long as everyone is sycronised then you have a 99% chance of all being placed in the same race.

I hope to be able to give some more concrete details in the next day or so.

If there are any closet GT players out there, or if you are sick of the random public servers, then dont be shy and dust off your PS3 and come and have some good clean GT fun.

Will post more details soon :nod:
Rypien

Post by Rypien »

Ok boys, here it is. Some simple fun Gran Turismo racing. I've set it up to be 20 minute interval starts for a 6 race series. Its at one of Japans great tracks, Fuji Speedway, and uses cars up to 650PP with sports tyres (no race tyres allowed). By starting at the same time we have a good 99% chance of being matched in the same races, and although things like lag and random matchmaking can indeed take the shine of the game, i hope that we can get in a good few races without too much hassle. Please remember to go into your PS3 settings before loading up GT5:P and re-set your clock 'via internet' so that all of us are syncronised exactly.

EVENT - Expert Class PP650 Fuji Speedway F / PRO

DATE - 23rd feb

TIME - 8:03pm to 9:43pm (GMT +10)

SYNCRONISED START TIMES - 8:03 / 8:23 / 8:43 / break / 9:23 / 9:45 (RX7 stock race)

RULES/RESTRICTIONS/COMMENTS
- NO race tyres allowed!!!!!!!!!!! (S3 and below only)
- Drive cleanly *duh*
- Dont get discouraged if we encounter 'random' idiots on the servers (fingers crossed)
- Dont get discouraged if lag raises its ugly head (fingers crossed)
- You may miss a scheduled race start time (dont stress, just take a 20min break and join in next race start)
- You dont have to use the same car for all races. Feel free to use multiple cars if you like.
- Tune the car settings as you wish (gears, suspension etc..).
- TCS (can be used for race starts only)
- ABS optional

** PLEASE NOTE ** For the final 6th race (the one at 9:43) i would like all drivers to use a stock standard Mazda RX7. The car will have S3 Tyres and you are to leave all settings and tune stock. No changing PP, use S3 Tyres, no tuning allowed. Its showroom only baby. Please remember to turn TCS to OFF (in the quick tune options ...... this is the ONLY allowable change to be made to the RX7)

Hope to see some racers on the grid. if there is only one or two, no worries it will be good to just do some racing to dust off the cobwebs ....... but if we get a good showing it will only add to the fun . Please feel free to invite other racers you may know, and whom may be interested. As long as they are clean racers and up for a bit of fun then give then let them know about this little series of races.
Rypien

Post by Rypien »

Note, slight change to the start times. Above post edited.
Rypien

Post by Rypien »

I'm expecting anywhere from 3 to 6 racing tonight from my Gran Turismo forum. You can tell us from our TORC usernames .... mine is TORC_Rypien. Of course there may be the odd random jerk thrown into the matchmaking, but i hope to keep them to a minimum with the start times i have listed.

Any A.R.S.E guys still running GT5:P?

Guessing not .... :(
richo

Post by richo »

They all have died after living very happy lives while waiting for GT5 to finally arrive, i write this myself from the after life ARSE, same as the normal ARSE but with out the after taste..
[]D [] []v[] []D
Rypien

Post by Rypien »

:p

After some initial connection issues we managed to get 5 TORC racers and a few GTPlanet guys all racing. Good fun.
nutty
Spam King
Spam King

Post by nutty »

check this out, basically a poster known to have some inside info has posted http://www.1up.com/do/newsStory?cId=3173790
Rundown from the thread linked in that artical
GT5 will be released on december 1, 2009. Release will be global for all regions.
600+ cars, 95 tracks, some of which will be remodelled GT4 tracks/cars.
Ability to create new tracks from existing ones.
Extensive clan/team features.
There will be two versions of GT5. One with all the features in it, costing the most (initially). Small version will be GT5P+, but it will cost you to get all the upgrades to the big version.
Possible PSP/PC release?
Sounds like I need to buy a ps3 again ;s sold mine
Pinger$

Post by Pinger$ »

Awesome... really been waiting for this before I get one.
Luigi only likes Ferraris.
Dan
Wobbly2.0

Post by Dan »

I thought the release was pushed back to 2010? :S
The Todd Norbury appreciation society
r8response
Cry baby
Cry baby

Post by r8response »

Seen enough of theses posts to not pay much attention to them.
Gizmo

Post by Gizmo »

I call BS :nod:
c.j
Midget Wanker

Post by c.j »

New release for GT5, some saying Nov 16 others Nov 2.

Sucks playing with controller.
Image[url=steam://friends/add/76561198089849481]Image[/url]

;)
Dan
Wobbly2.0

Post by Dan »

http://www.gtplanet.net/secret-menu-rev ... -prologue/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

For anyone still playing it :yes: :lol:
The Todd Norbury appreciation society
Bauer

Post by Bauer »

Dont know if I ever posted in this thread but here i am.

I borrowed prologue from a mate when I got my PS3 a year ago. hardly played it.

I bought prologue 6-9 months ago from ebay. hardly touched it. I simply dont like to race without a wheel. I cleared class c and never did much of class b.

well today i bought myself a new monitor and now have my PS3 on my desk. plugged the G25 in and instant success and fun.

I decided I would have the kids buy me GT5 for xmas so I will get a few weeks of prologue in before then. I could buy GT5 for myself now but the wait will be worth it and part of the xmas fun/spirit.

So all the fun is still ahead for me
--------------
Stu
NeilPearson
Prize Winning ARSE

Post by NeilPearson »

heaps of minecraft until then ;)
Bauer

Post by Bauer »

well there is that :D