GT5 Prologue

All GT discussion
ReppohC

Re: GT5 Prologue

Post by ReppohC »

Righteous wrote:
ReppohC wrote:WTF!

Just looking through a few of the time trials... 650 PP @ Daytona Speedway for instance. Six F2007's at the top, 5 seconds faster then everyone else. Somehow they detuned the F1 (from ~950) to under 650pp (which is literally impossible). Hex editing the saves or something. OK so this is prologue, its going to have some bugs but sheeze I was hoping it would be a little more secure then this. On top of this, half the top times are people wall riding. As someone said "Gran Turismo 5: The Real Wall-Riding simulator".

This is were PSN falls apart... You can't exactly ban people (accounts or consoles), they can just go and make a new account :\ At least with xbox live if you get caught you lose your account (and thus xbox live privileges). Sure you can go buy a new account but at least its a good disincentive not to cheat (having to fork out more $ for xbox live).
He he, we had this problem with the GT4 comp I entered. Wall riding was a massive issue... Polyphony can fix it very easily though. Damage ;)
Yup. I don't see why they couldn't just give the walls more "friction"... How often are you going to drive into them when racing properly anyway? You deserve to slow down if you hit them. Its a little concerning that despite 10 years of developing Gran Turismo the same problems still exist.

I still like Forza's approach to this problem more. Unfortunately I don't think GT will ever change its fundamentals and wall riding will always be a problem. In forza even without damage activated if your car grinds against the wall the handling actually goes a bit haywire for a few seconds and 9/10 times you will spin. And if you take shortcuts the sand and / or grass slows you down fairly quickly. All the side roads / anything not on the racing track is VERY slippery so taking shortcuts really does make you slower. It does all this without stupid 5 second penalties and invisible cars. The corner cutting thing in GT5 really pisses me off especially if someone in front is a dick and you have to avoid them suddenly. Penalties seem a little inconsistent too which is why people get away with wall riding. I do like the idea of temp invisible cars though. Certainly saves you the hassle of dealing with people trying to take you out.

Not to turn this into a forza 2 vs GT5P debate (well thats a lie :lol: ) but I still think Forza 2 is "better" in the physics department. Its certainly a lot more fun to play :D. The cars just seem to have a lot more feel, GT feels a bit stiff in comparison. Just wish I could use my G25 with it :( Graphics aren't even remotely comparable although now that I'm getting used to this new level in GT I'm noticing the flaws. The game looks tonnes better @ lower resolutions that blur and hid the jaggies. Running it at 1080p sometimes it looks pretty bloody average. Shadows are also pretty iffy sometimes (blocky). Its a trade off I suppose... All the fancy HDR isn't compatible with AA so gets weird artifacts under some lighting conditions. Yes I do realise its prologue and not the final product, but really, is it going to improve THAT much? At the end of the day as a main stream game GT5 is going to do unbelievably well, probably best selling ps3 game, but I think its hype is going to carry it to be the "pinnacle" of console racing games when it really isn't. All the ps3 owners have been crapping on about the "savior" games (GT5, MGS4) and now regardless of what GT5 ends up being its going to be the "best" racing game even if it could have been infinitely better with fixes for all the small details. My two cents anyway.

Has anyone found out what sort of damage GT is going to have? Deformation / visual or just "mechanical"? I suppose any damage is better then nothing. Something along the lines of burnout might be a little too realistic for a main stream game though but would be f**king mint.

In other news I did my first time trial session the other night. F2007 @ London. G25 + F2007 = waaaaay too much lock. But I've now come to terms with the G25 and GT5. Up to 8th with a pretty shabby lap lots of potential to go faster. Although with my pb sectors / perfect lap I'd be hard pressed to match that top time. Would be good if we could tune the cars for time trials but whatever I suppose its good thats its fair/even. Also apparently (haven't had a chance to test) if you put the shifter into "Sequential" it enables the paddles :O (DOH, feel a bit stupid I didn't think of trying that :faint:).
SE1Z

Post by SE1Z »

hey!
got myself a ps3 and GT5 prologue.

username: se1z04
add me!

:D
Steve
---
NeilPearson
Prize Winning ARSE

Post by NeilPearson »

I did somethign terrible today.

I bought Prologue.

gonna give it a go after nascaw
c.j
Midget Wanker

Post by c.j »

NeilPearson wrote: gonna give it a go after nascaw
Driver name? Sam Tucan?
Image[url=steam://friends/add/76561198089849481]Image[/url]

;)
Shaun

Post by Shaun »

i been driving alot of cars at london, i got first in the zo6 and 2nd in the zo6 tuned :D
Hello :aussie:
plastik8

Post by plastik8 »

Well I'm glad other people are confirming what I first thought that GT5P is a little shallow. However, how shallow is it compared to other prologue releases? I don't really care as long as they make GT5 as deep as GT4, and base the engine / tech off GT5P, then I will be a very happy man.

But they do need to release the ability for private races in GT5P soon... Then at least we can have decent races.

Still, for $40 I'm glad I got it.
Image[url=steam://friends/add/76561197971333750]Image[/url]
SE1Z

Post by SE1Z »

plastik8 wrote:
But they do need to release the ability for private races in GT5P soon... Then at least we can have decent races.

agreed...
im sick of the dickheads ramming.

Would love to compete in an all ARSE race one night :yes:

But, I find it more a fault of the game than the people playing.... GT as a single player game is a ram-fest...
Steve
---
Mr.Ferret

Post by Mr.Ferret »

iRacing Name - Joshua Brown2
nutty
Spam King
Spam King

Post by nutty »

PC are you fucking kidding... i just horned up a little
plastik8

Post by plastik8 »

It will take them 50 years to get it on PC.....
ReppohC

Post by ReppohC »

lol, damage which effects handling? What will they think of next! ... "Now, that gives you more incentive to bash your opponent." Just what we need more of :S
KNAPPO
Master artist
Master artist

Post by KNAPPO »

I would absolutely love it on the PC but i aint holding my breath.
Life is hard...but, life is harder when you're dumb.
Shaun

Post by Shaun »

firmware 2.30 out and gt5:p spec 2 update out today also noticed last night the 3rd part of that GTR story was on gt tv
Hello :aussie:
NeilPearson
Prize Winning ARSE

Post by NeilPearson »

So i botherd to check to see why i couldnt get online with the ps3, the cable wasnt plugged in. ha. now im downloading an update for GT5P. HOW FUCKING BIG IS IT? its been going for 20 mins now and still no were near done :\
YnoT

Post by YnoT »

i'm up to S class now but its so hard, best i managed is 4th, any ideas what car to use?
Gizmo
forum fairy - in a gay way!
forum fairy - in a gay way!

Post by Gizmo »

lotus 111r tuned :)
c.j
Midget Wanker

Post by c.j »

motorcycles for the win...

imagine lapping nurburg with cars and bikes :)
Image[url=steam://friends/add/76561198089849481]Image[/url]

;)
Rypien

Post by Rypien »

I'm one of the poor bastards who is yet to get myself a PS3. Been a big Gran Turismo nut since day 1 and i'm working overtime on the missus for her to let my pussy whipped arse have a PS3. Even managed to get one of the new Logitech GT5 wheels and copy of GT5:P at Dick Smiths for $178. Just need a console now :rolleyes:

Any of you guys still plugging away with GT5:P?

I think once Sony gets its online act together and follows the xBox Live model as being user friendly, Gran Turismo will be a good choice for good racing. Got alot of mates over at Torctalk who have been having some semi regular races with Prologue and msm chat. Looking forward to getting into the action.
Mr.Ferret

Post by Mr.Ferret »

user friendly enough for me at the moment don't have to pay for it hahah
iRacing Name - Joshua Brown2
plastik8

Post by plastik8 »

Rypien wrote:I'm one of the poor bastards who is yet to get myself a PS3. Been a big Gran Turismo nut since day 1 and i'm working overtime on the missus for her to let my pussy whipped arse have a PS3. Even managed to get one of the new Logitech GT5 wheels and copy of GT5:P at Dick Smiths for $178. Just need a console now :rolleyes:

Any of you guys still plugging away with GT5:P?

I think once Sony gets its online act together and follows the xBox Live model as being user friendly, Gran Turismo will be a good choice for good racing. Got alot of mates over at Torctalk who have been having some semi regular races with Prologue and msm chat. Looking forward to getting into the action.
Now we can chat (or at least message) in game, this is a huge improvement. I think the online in GT5P is pretty pathetic at the moment... It still drops you into a random race right? I guess if there isn't much action going on you'll have a good chance of racing in the same server as one of your mates.
Rypien

Post by Rypien »

I think the online in GT5P is pretty pathetic at the moment... It still drops you into a random race right? I guess if there isn't much action going on you'll have a good chance of racing in the same server as one of your mates.
Yeah, the Prologue is pretty light on any sort of organised Live services. But my TorcTalk mates simply meet up on msn chat and all boot into online races at the same time thus letting them all into the same race (albeit with a few other random guys added in). So far this seems to work ok but i'm sure with future updates there will be 'friends lists' etc... And the full GT game due out later will no doubt have some juicy online team/club/friends features.
NeilPearson
Prize Winning ARSE

Post by NeilPearson »

How can one company fail so much? seriously.

Trying to get the 2.41 software update. I never update because its always a hassle. ALWAYS.

First it wouldnt connect to the internet, and just so you know my 360 and PC never have any issues and its all coming from 1 line into a switch. So it finnaly connects, and now its downloading at a whopping speed of 1% every 5 mins. its going to take forever. and its only 130 meg! not even big.

So i tried the "off a usb drive" approach. You need to put the file into a subfolder of a folder for some UNKNOWN reason. why it cant find the file from the root of the usb is beyond me. and it has to be all in caps. So i download it, and its still slow from sony's servers. and put it in the correct folders, and guess what "cant find anything"

fuck sony suck arse.
NeilPearson
Prize Winning ARSE

Post by NeilPearson »

so. another dl and a different usb memory stick and it works.

Sony = fail
r8response
Cry baby
Cry baby

Post by r8response »

360 = RROD
PS3 = No Problems

And its been know since release that downloading the Update via the console is slow as fuck!
Rypien

Post by Rypien »

Dick Smiths had a special recently (i think its still going) for a Driving Force GT wheel and copy of GT5:P for $178.

All i need now is a console to play it on :rolleyes:
Last edited by Rypien on Sat Jul 19, 2008 6:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.