GT5 Prologue Full

All GT discussion
TassieDevil_Original

GT5 Prologue Full

Post by TassieDevil_Original »

Well my thoughts so far of the full Prologue...Only played it for about an hour and a half, damn have to go out on the piss :lol:

It is awesome with the G25, the only thing is you have to press the triangle button every time you start a race, and it has to be after the word Start comes up on the screen, and the first time you press the triangle button it give you full clutch and H-Pattern box, and it will not go into geat unless you press the clutch and change gear, it won't allow you to have it in gear and then pop the clutch to make it change you have to hold in the clucth and pull it back out of gear and put iit in again to engage, but I noticed if you press the triangle again it must give you auto clutch so you can change gear without depressing the clutch, but the clutch desn't work at all in that mode, so yeah sweet.

Also when I got a black flag, not sure what for maybe I cut the corner a bit too much or I dived too deep under the other car and touched it, but anyway in the replay I saw that my car went trsnsulcent(ghost). So I am guessing that is in there for the online component, so other people online don't have their race ruined by smacking into anothe car when the have been restricted in speed for a penalty, which I think is a good addition.

Only used front wheel drive cars so far, have to earn some more money to get others....Well that's my quick thoughts so far but have to go and have play tomorrow hopefully.

Tassie
Peptis

Re: GT5 Prologue Full

Post by Peptis »

TassieDevil_Original wrote:It is awesome with the G25, the only thing is you have to press the triangle button every time you start a race, and it has to be after the word Start comes up on the screen, and the first time you press the triangle button it give you full clutch and H-Pattern box, and it will not go into geat unless you press the clutch and change gear, it won't allow you to have it in gear and then pop the clutch to make it change you have to hold in the clucth and pull it back out of gear and put iit in again to engage, but I noticed if you press the triangle again it must give you auto clutch so you can change gear without depressing the clutch, but the clutch desn't work at all in that mode, so yeah sweet.
:yikes:

Looks like you've already started on the piss :lol:

(although I have had a few over lunch, so it may just be me :melt:)
dvestate
Prize Winning ARSE

Post by dvestate »

Are the menus easy to navigate????
TassieDevil_Original

dvestate wrote:Are the menus easy to navigate????
Yes they are very easy, doesn't seem to be so many jumps around the place to get to and from different area's.
Bacchulum

Post by Bacchulum »

Just went to your site to see the G25 in the Hyper, Tassie, do the pedals feel like they're sitting too high?
That's been the main reason I haven't installed them in mine (I'm back to the desktop setup).
TassieDevil_Original

Bacchulum wrote:Just went to your site to see the G25 in the Hyper, Tassie, do the pedals feel like they're sitting too high?
That's been the main reason I haven't installed them in mine (I'm back to the desktop setup).
No they don't really, but I have been using them like that for so long I guess I am just to them. But my feet are lifted a bit when I am racing, but my heels seem to rest reasonably comfortably on the G25 pedal base which is around the 45 degrees, you'll just have to try them in there and see what you think, I used stretchy straps to hold it in place because it kept sliding up, and I haven't gotten around to actually bolting it onto the metal plate. My old Driving Force Pro I actually cut the pedal base down but I wasn't going to do that to these, one day I might make a more upright style cockpit so as the pedals will be laying down more.
Bacchulum

Post by Bacchulum »

Cheers for the reply Tassie, I'm now just finding out if I can get the official Hyper adjustable brackets as an extra, otherwise its build my own. ;)
TassieDevil_Original

Bacchulum wrote:Cheers for the reply Tassie, I'm now just finding out if I can get the official Hyper adjustable brackets as an extra, otherwise its build my own. ;)
I did, I bought my offical Hyper brackets a long time after I got my Hyper, well I don't think they had even thought about them when I got my Hyper. I got mine back in '97 or '98, I have the proper Hyper wheel and pedals too.