Single Player?

No witty remarks yet.
norbs
fucking right wing vegan lesbian

Single Player?

Post by norbs »

Anyone else play single player?

I am still plodding away with the map I started ages ago and built the mob grinder 2 blocks away from the spawn point. I managed to get a 3 story grinder happening which has bought in the goodies at a terrific rate of knots.

Last night I stumbled across a cavern complex like nothing I have seen before. It is about 400 blocks long so far, 200 wide and 25 deep. And I still haven't found the outer edges of it.

It has turned Minecraft into a first person shooter. Holy hell, there are monsters everywhere. I saw 6 creepers blow up last night, all stuck at a point where they couldn't follow me up a spiral and were close enough to pop. Scared the brown out of me.

Here is just one screenie. I have put down nearly 300 torches so far.

Sarc ; my second favourite type of gasm.
Santaria

Re: Single Player?

Post by Santaria »

I like being in a busy but not overly populated MP map tbh, I love it. Just couldn't get into single player apart from building 3-400 block TNT traps.
Image[url=steam://friends/add/76561197999720352]Image[/url]
Scottie

Post by Scottie »

so scottie got on the minecraft bandwagon after some of the reviews floating around, some guys at work playing it, and the 25% off currently.

as a noob, I gotta ask... in normal mode, how many times do you need to punch a tree trunk to get it?! or is it how I'm hitting it?!

:)
Bauer

Post by Bauer »

5 seconds maybe? just hold down the mouse button and punch it, not lots of single clicks
--------------
Stu
Takumi

Post by Takumi »

Indeed sounds like you are clicking Scottie. The general rule with anything is to hold the mouse down until the cracks get so big that it breaks :yes:
It's been nice, chaps.
Scottie

Post by Scottie »

w00t, thx... now to find/make some tools!
NeilPearson
Prize Winning ARSE

Post by NeilPearson »

Dont be a wimp. get on CaracARSE
Scottie

Post by Scottie »

i wanna get used to it first :) then i'll join u lot on ur building sprees :)
Scottie

Post by Scottie »

I'm guessing we get upgraded from the 2x2... uum... tool-making thing after we've built other stuff and levelled up or something?

Is this info somewhere else where I haven't looked yet? lol
Scottie

Post by Scottie »

nevermind... found a cool wiki :)
NeilPearson
Prize Winning ARSE

Post by NeilPearson »

Wiki is the answer to everything.

I look at it daily
Bauer

Post by Bauer »

I did something this weekend I had not done before - Killed the dragon. I had never even seen a stronghold in single player yet alone actually seen the dragon.

I started a new single player game on Friday night with this purpose in mind. It was a fun journey that I could not have done in hardcore mode LOL. I died about 8-10 times. Was a great journey that takes you from surviving the first night to building up weapons, armour and food, then you need to go to the nether to gather blaze rods (where I died the first time), then you need to go on an enderman hunt (died a couple of times doing that) then try to find a stronghold. I was following the eye of ender and actually fluked the find after I lost my last one. I knew I was close but I was in the middle of the ocean. Finally I ended up facing the dragon (where I died a few times while trying to figure it out. Once I got the idea, I was fine.)

Terrific fun as it gave the game a role playing aspect and a purpose of playing hunter gatherer. Highly recommended to anyone that is a bit bored with MC :up:
--------------
Stu
Scottie

Post by Scottie »

wow, I'm embarrassed to read through my earlier posts! LOL

I've been playing a little more SP lately too... good fun :)
norbs
fucking right wing vegan lesbian

Post by norbs »

All that means zero to me Stud. I didnt even know there was a single player game.

What happened to the old days when it was simple? :D
Sarc ; my second favourite type of gasm.
Bauer

Post by Bauer »

So a quick run down for Norbs in easy speak english after a chat last night.

To go from starting a new game to killing the dragon, one must follow a process as it cant be achieved without doing some things along the way.

Start a new game and build up supplies as you would in any survival game. Get weapons, food and armour etc.

When you are feeling adequately armed you need to get enderman testes and blaze powder to make "eye of ender" to be able to find a stronghold. Enderman nuts took me a while as you need to be where they spawn to kill them. For blaze powder you need to mine obsidian to make a portal and then go to the Nether and find Blaze. Kill them and you get blaze rods to make the powder from. I got lucky here as my portal on the nether side was very close to 2 Blaze spawners. you may need to search the nether for them.

Once you have the eye of ender, you throw one and follow the direction it travelled. Keep doing this and eventually it will not travel up in the air but travel down. You are above a stronghold. You will lose eyes doing this as there is a chance it will break once thrown. Have plenty. You need 12 to fire up the portal that will allow you to travel to the dragon and you will need more to find the stronghold

Once you find the stronghold, go in a start killing and lining the place with torches. Find the portal room and fire it up by placing the eyes on the portal (will make sense when you see it.)

Make sure you are armed and armoured for the end. Once you go through there is no coming back until the dragon is dead. Be warned this place is full of enderman and a big dragon. By the time you get this far you will have probably you tubed the best way to kill the dragon anyway.
--------------
Stu
DarrenM

Post by DarrenM »

Bauer wrote:Be warned this place is full of enderman and a big dragon.
Not for me. I guess it's broken in the beta 1.2 builds because I was just on a square of obsidian floating in space :(

I can't get any enchantment level above 14 either which is pretty shit.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
DarrenM

Post by DarrenM »

Did it again with 1.1 and the end fight was much better. It would have been better if the endermen were more aggressive and attacked on proximity rather than just from looking at them. I only had 2-3 attack me and I didn't even use a pumpkin.
wobblysauce
Seen it, Done it, Invented it!

Post by wobblysauce »

Some play it safe on the merry-go-round, others go for the thrills of the roller-coaster.

ᕙ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕗ vs ლ(ಠ益ಠ)ლ

I have a joke for you. I have a prediction that you are going to walk into a bar, my prediction was wrong and your wallet is gone.
Scottie

Post by Scottie »

if only!
Rots
DiscoStu
DiscoStu

Post by Rots »

Fake! I know that because there should be a desert alongside the snow biome!!
Bauer

Post by Bauer »

So I loaded up the latest snapshot for a little single player. Thought I would try this "trading" with villagers thing

So I go hardcore as I do, build up supplies or iron etc to gear up, go off wandering for ages and cant find a village

So in the middle of a desert I find a structure that I had never seen before. Lets just say Im no Indiana Jones. First game made booby trap and its game over LOL
--------------
Stu
Scottie

Post by Scottie »

hehe, yeah, the pyramid does have a trap :P
DarrenM

Post by DarrenM »

Tried the dev build to see the new stuff. It's cool that you get experience from mining blocks etc. I was level 100 pretty quickly so I went to setup an enchantment table and found you now need a piece of leather to make a book.

Glad you only need 15 bookshelves to max out an enchantment table now, and that I didn't kill the only 2 cows I've seen so far :o

I found a huge jungle biome but I can't find a temple it it. Haven't found a desert biome or a villiage yet :(