Minecraft Server Expenses

No witty remarks yet.
Shonky

Minecraft Server Expenses

Post by Shonky »

Hey folks,

Alright since we now have a server for MC there are costs to running it (currently around $50/month), it's not that expensive and if you can't afford it we aren't going to stop people from playing that can't afford to contribute, but if you don't mind chucking in a few bucks you can use Paypal/credit card by going to the hosts page below and paying towards "raz2133", this way all money goes straight into the server account and can't be spent on anything else.

Head to the url, enter "raz2133" in the username, the amount you would like to contribute and you will go through the Paypal gateway to make the payment.

http://stipe.com.au/?page=payafriend.php" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

If anyone has any questions, don't hesitate to ask. :yes:
Santaria

Re: Minecraft Server Expenses

Post by Santaria »

$20 sent.
Image[url=steam://friends/add/76561197999720352]Image[/url]
Bauer

Post by Bauer »

$20 sent here as well. :up:
--------------
Stu
Shonky

Post by Shonky »

Cheers fellas, with what Raz and I have kicked in also that should cover us for the next 50 odd days. :yes:
ysu
Smooth Lubricator.

Post by ysu »

I've sent $20 your way as well, it will take a few days to clear as my paypal acc is empty atm.
Surprise, no sig. Now there is. Or is there?
Shonky

Post by Shonky »

Cheers ysu.
Ashtazaria

Post by Ashtazaria »

San put some in for me, as I don't have a paypal account. lol
JTM29

Post by JTM29 »

Just sent $20 :)
Last edited by JTM29 on Sun May 01, 2011 3:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bauer

Post by Bauer »

Good move on getting the extra slots too. Wouldn't be good for a $$$ contributor to not be able to get on the server. :up:
--------------
Stu
Shonky

Post by Shonky »

Ok folks, that's enough for now, will put the word out again in a couple of months, don't want to much money sitting with the host in case things go pear shaped, thanks for the contributions. :yes:
Rots
DiscoStu
DiscoStu

Post by Rots »

Let me know for next time then... I didn't contribute this time as my CC'd is cancelled following the recent PSN hack. :)
Hazelb
Master artist
Master artist

Post by Hazelb »

I'm ready to kick in just let me know when you need some help!
Shonky

Post by Shonky »

Hey folks,

Long time no see, I'm getting the itch to play again, but I'm holding off till 1.8 plus some days, but in the mean time we need to pay the bills, 18 days left in the current period so to keep things going we'll need to get up to the $50.62 to cover next month.

As per last time, head to the url, enter "raz2133" in the username, the amount you would like to contribute and you will go through the Paypal gateway to make the payment.

http://stipe.com.au/?page=payafriend.php" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

If anyone has any questions, don't hesitate to ask. :yes:

Cheers folks.
Santaria

Post by Santaria »

Next week champ and I'll chuck in $10. Bit skint atm.
AstrO
Help Desk Expert

Post by AstrO »

If you do need to move it back to my server and ADSL2+ connection, let me know. Always happy to help. :)
Shonky

Post by Shonky »

While your net connection was good Astro (what is it these days by the way?), it had nothing on the bandwidth the server can manage and the low latency for almost everyone. Of course if folks don't reckon it is worth the money, let us know and we can decide what to do from there.
NeilPearson
Prize Winning ARSE

Post by NeilPearson »

ill throw some money at it next week.
ysu
Smooth Lubricator.

Post by ysu »

It's definitely worth the money. Maybe revise the slots tho? we seldom use more than 5 or so lately, so I'd say about 10 is safe. Can't remember what we have now, but hasn't it been upped to 20?
Surprise, no sig. Now there is. Or is there?
AstrO
Help Desk Expert

Post by AstrO »

SHoNKY wrote:While your net connection was good Astro (what is it these days by the way?), it had nothing on the bandwidth the server can manage and the low latency for almost everyone. Of course if folks don't reckon it is worth the money, let us know and we can decide what to do from there.
Yeah I know I don't have the same bandwidth and latency, but I do have the server resources and I'm happy to share if you guys ever need it. :)

PS I'm currently uploading to my Internode "Personal Userspace" at 218KB/s (which is faster than my last connection).
Santaria

Post by Santaria »

ysu wrote:It's definitely worth the money. Maybe revise the slots tho? we seldom use more than 5 or so lately, so I'd say about 10 is safe. Can't remember what we have now, but hasn't it been upped to 20?
It's low at the moment due to lack of updates. I'm more than definitely coming back when 1.8 hits and a few other will as well I'd assume (Hooray for new map!)
Bauer

Post by Bauer »

Santaria wrote:
ysu wrote:It's definitely worth the money. Maybe revise the slots tho? we seldom use more than 5 or so lately, so I'd say about 10 is safe. Can't remember what we have now, but hasn't it been upped to 20?
It's low at the moment due to lack of updates. I'm more than definitely coming back when 1.8 hits and a few other will as well I'd assume (Hooray for new map!)
I would agree with that. Heaps more will check out the newness that is 1.8
--------------
Stu
Scottie

Post by Scottie »

I've been using it a fair bit, and forsee further use! i like hangin out buildin stuff with you guys.

sent u 50 to cover me for a while!
Shonky

Post by Shonky »

I'll wait for 1.8 and see what happens, I know Raz and myself are taking a break until 1.8 is out, and everytime there is an update many people come out for a look, currently the server is setup for 15 slots.
AstrO wrote:
SHoNKY wrote:While your net connection was good Astro (what is it these days by the way?), it had nothing on the bandwidth the server can manage and the low latency for almost everyone. Of course if folks don't reckon it is worth the money, let us know and we can decide what to do from there.
Yeah I know I don't have the same bandwidth and latency, but I do have the server resources and I'm happy to share if you guys ever need it. :)

PS I'm currently uploading to my Internode "Personal Userspace" at 218KB/s (which is faster than my last connection).
Cheers Astro, I'm sure if we ever need the server we'll be sure to ask. Nice upload speed, wish I could get that where I am. :D
Scottie wrote:I've been using it a fair bit, and forsee further use! i like hangin out buildin stuff with you guys.

sent u 50 to cover me for a while!
Wow, you must like Minecraft. :D Cheers Scottie
VTRacing
Team Pedant (c)

Post by VTRacing »

Sent you some dosh because I didn't send any last time...
:teach:
Shonky

Post by Shonky »

Hey folks, just kicked in $20 myself but the balance is at $39.38, and we need it up to $50.62 in 11 days, so if anyone has a few spare bucks kickin round, could they top things up, cheers. :yes: