Minecraft 1.0.0 is up and running

No witty remarks yet.
NeilPearson
Prize Winning ARSE

Re: Minecraft 1.0.0 is up and running

Post by NeilPearson »

sure... I reckon new map = New everything but if the people want it...

I dont want anything of mine copied over.
Bauer

Post by Bauer »

I agree with Neil

No problem with people having their stuff copied to a new map but I dont. New map = new start for me (and happy to do it)
--------------
Stu
NeilPearson
Prize Winning ARSE

Post by NeilPearson »

Rots wrote:I like new stuff but I am also attached to my snow village. If we do start again, I'd like a copy of the map again :)

Question; Saturday was the first day I played Minecraft for nearly a week. On that day I ended up downloading nearly 4gb worth of data and being near the end of the month I got capped. I don't recall downloading anything that day and the only difference was playing Minecraft. Does anyone else find this game now downloads a ton of info or was it just coincidence?

Sunday I didn't play Minecraft, only a bit of Rise of Flight, BF3 and normal web browsing... downloaded probably 300mb at most which is normal usage for me on a none Minecraft day.

Anywho, I need to upgrade my Internode plan to a higher monthly allowance!
not heard of MC taking up 4gb... i was using my phone to connect to the server for a bit last year, and i got close to my 1.5gb cap but that was after about a week or so.
Shonky

Post by Shonky »

Hehe, I wouldn't be copying over my place either, never liked the place to be honest.
Bauer

Post by Bauer »

SHoNKY wrote:Hehe, I wouldn't be copying over my place either, never liked the place to be honest.
torch it :D
--------------
Stu
NeilPearson
Prize Winning ARSE

Post by NeilPearson »

Sounds like we need another TNT session.
Scottie

Post by Scottie »

i'm in!

My place was OK, but no room for expansion :) (at least in my mind!)

The Mine was pretty good though... possibly too big! lots of exploring was had!
NeilPearson
Prize Winning ARSE

Post by NeilPearson »

Bear in mind if anything does happen it wont be until 1.2 at the earliest ;)
Hazelb
Master artist
Master artist

Post by Hazelb »

Bauer wrote:I agree with Neil

No problem with people having their stuff copied to a new map but I dont. New map = new start for me (and happy to do it)
For what it's worth...I'm with him...happy to restart!
ReppohC

Post by ReppohC »

Hmm. I like the idea of starting a new map, but only if there are enough serious changes to warrent it. Also as long as there arn't any future changes planned in the immediate future. Its always fun in the first few weeks seeing everyone spread out and begin on a fresh slate though.

That said I *really* don't want to lose all the effort put into my current project if possible. Ayedorm and myself have been working on this long term project for a few hours a day for more then a month now. Its only 30-40% finished, so if its possible to port so we can finish it and not have wasted all this time in vane...

Also I've almost got the 1000 gold blocks I need to make something else I've always wanted - can I at least use all this damn gold before we start again?
Shonky

Post by Shonky »

At this stage Rep, we'll just play it by ear, Jeb has given no indication when the current weekly build will become a final version so we could be a day away from 1.2, or a few weeks, we just don't know, the only reason there is this talk is that the current weekly build does have a fair few significant changes, new terrain, new mob, and new items which has set the chins wagging.

Provided MCEdit gets updated in timely fashion to support the new stuff, I'm happy to have a crack at copying stuff over, not sure what I'll do about your gold though, I may have to just spam that to you, we'll have to work out a way to verify the quantity of gold you have to keep the purists happy and then /give it to you to make up the time you spent on this map.
Bauer

Post by Bauer »

No problem for me - and Im one of the purists you speak of I think.

People do some great work but new things bring new life to the game so we will always have some divide.

I think back to the 2nd map we had. The one where we made the big trek to the new place. When we ultimately changed the map, we left behind the F1 car structure that was being built by Sam and VT I think?? That was a shame. So if we can avoid this in the future, that can only make the game last longer for more people. If we can port across any structure that anyone wants to keep, then cool.
--------------
Stu
norbs
fucking right wing vegan lesbian

Post by norbs »

Make sure I get to keep my 1000's of pigs and cows and sheep and chooks! :)
Sarc ; my second favourite type of gasm.
Shonky

Post by Shonky »

That might be difficult since you don't really own farm animals till you kill them.

Come to think of it, I don't even know where you reside on the map yet Norbs. :-D
norbs

Post by norbs »

SHoNKY wrote:That might be difficult since you don't really own farm animals till you kill them.

Come to think of it, I don't even know where you reside on the map yet Norbs. :-D

I have been out on my own for a while. Remeber that little settlement you found ages ago and you blew the church up? Well not far from that. Oh, and I forgot, I lost a squillion of my animals in a miss calculated TNT blast that blew the arse out of one of my massive underground paddocks and 90% of my herd fell into lava! The fucking smell was horrendous!

I do believe it was my first and only ever MC Rage quit!
ReppohC

Post by ReppohC »

SHoNKY wrote:At this stage Rep, we'll just play it by ear, Jeb has given no indication when the current weekly build will become a final version so we could be a day away from 1.2, or a few weeks, we just don't know, the only reason there is this talk is that the current weekly build does have a fair few significant changes, new terrain, new mob, and new items which has set the chins wagging.

Provided MCEdit gets updated in timely fashion to support the new stuff, I'm happy to have a crack at copying stuff over, not sure what I'll do about your gold though, I may have to just spam that to you, we'll have to work out a way to verify the quantity of gold you have to keep the purists happy and then /give it to you to make up the time you spent on this map.
I think you misunderstood about the gold. I don't mind losing the gold resources at all - after all most of the gold was collected on Raz LPC so its not like the resource was hard come by. Infact I think it would be unfair to start with any extra resources at all. Maybe I can build this structure I want anyway and get that ported as well ;) Or not, not too fussy about this one. I guess just having the oppurtunity to build something out of pure gold is hard to pass up! :)

However if its possible and everyone doesnt mind it would be great to port our other unfinished project, just for the oppurtunity to finish it. Its not even a grand project, just a very large project (almost infinite in scale actually). Its the many hours of planning and building that I don't want to lose. As someone said "there is no point building something twice". :)
Raz2133

Post by Raz2133 »

I have no problems with starting a new map when 1.2 surfaces, I think the terrain gen changes probably warrant it.

We do have some cool things spread across the current map, and it would be a shame if people didnt get a chance to finish their current projects, so I also dont have a problem with moving existing structures to a new map. However, I have a feeling that doing so will create strange 'seams' due to terrain differences.

I really don't have anything that I'd like to bring with me. I think I'd prefer a fresh start. :)

Raz
Bauer

Post by Bauer »

Im assuming Rep and his slave want to finish their shopping complex.

Is it as simple as us making some flat ground that is an appropriate size, then transferring it in? If so, I have a shovel, happy to lean on it and watch you blokes dig.
--------------
Stu
NeilPearson
Prize Winning ARSE

Post by NeilPearson »

Raz2133 wrote:I have no problems with starting a new map when 1.2 surfaces, I think the terrain gen changes probably warrant it.

We do have some cool things spread across the current map, and it would be a shame if people didnt get a chance to finish their current projects, so I also dont have a problem with moving existing structures to a new map. However, I have a feeling that doing so will create strange 'seams' due to terrain differences.

I really don't have anything that I'd like to bring with me. I think I'd prefer a fresh start. :)

Raz
LGC should be bought over. heh
Shonky

Post by Shonky »

ReppohC wrote: I think you misunderstood about the gold. I don't mind losing the gold resources at all - after all most of the gold was collected on Raz LPC so its not like the resource was hard come by. Infact I think it would be unfair to start with any extra resources at all. Maybe I can build this structure I want anyway and get that ported as well ;) Or not, not too fussy about this one. I guess just having the oppurtunity to build something out of pure gold is hard to pass up! :)

However if its possible and everyone doesnt mind it would be great to port our other unfinished project, just for the oppurtunity to finish it. Its not even a grand project, just a very large project (almost infinite in scale actually). Its the many hours of planning and building that I don't want to lose. As someone said "there is no point building something twice". :)
No worries on the gold, we can work that out either way, if you get it built before the change I can move it over, the only issue with moving anything over is you will need to smooth the land by hand around whatever is pasted in place. I had a play in the current version of MCEdit and cutting and pasting objects of any size is fairly simple (takes a while to write out the files though), but with the terrain being randomly generated on a map you will need to initially find the new area where you want your stuff placed plus some area around it, and then I can download the map and get to work porting things over, the only issue with this is nobody else will be able to play the map while this is going on due to it all being overwritten when I upload the modified map.
VTRacing
Team Pedant (c)

Post by VTRacing »

I'm up for a bit of landscaping, if it helps.
:teach:
norbs

Post by norbs »

So I was in collecting eggs last night. Got about 300 in a few minutes.....

At one point I thought I heard something weird.

Turned around and....

Fucking creepers!!!
VTRacing
Team Pedant (c)

Post by VTRacing »

Mmmmm, chicken.
:teach:
Shonky

Post by Shonky »

Hehe, this chicken fetish has me concerned norbs. :nod:
norbs

Post by norbs »

SHoNKY wrote:Hehe, this chicken fetish has me concerned norbs. :nod:

I have just as many cows and pigs. Bit low on sheep. I think I have a Kiwi neighbour. ;)