better than wolves

No witty remarks yet.
NeilPearson
Prize Winning ARSE

better than wolves

Post by NeilPearson »

So I have been getting back into minecraft, but in a single player fashion. which is kinda weird as I never really played single player much, i didnt have MC long before we started arseville. So i figured i would try Better than wolves, along with two other mods currently, Somnia and little blocks. somnia simulates the world at night when you sleep. takes longer to sleep at night but stuff happens so its worth it. and of course little blocks for wiring that god awful redstone.

Rather impressed with better than wolves. it adds alot of stuff, you can automate everything with it to. the windmill breaks in Snow/Rain if you dont disable it within 30 seconds. when you get to steel age, you can create a detector block that detects if its raining and can shut off the windmill... crazy

So here is where i am at:
here is the farm i created so far, it has Hemp, which takes forever to grow, Six Minecraft days to get a two high crop. If you just harvest the top one, it takes 1-2 days for the top to come back, and you should all recognise the reeds and Wheat.

One thing i decided with this map was to have a watersource, anything that needs water has to come from a pre-existing source. as you can see here, the water flows from the ocean and into the farm.

After hand milling so much hemp, you get over it really really quickly. So here comes the windmill! Its ugly as sin, but it works. cant complain.

Still ugly...

here is a gearbox and an axel, the gearbox is in the floor.

and the millstone hooked up to the axel. it automaticly mills anything you put in there, You can now mill wheat into flour, and its only 1 flour per Bread. much more economical!

Now with that out of the way, i can go mine some shit.
ysu
Smooth Lubricator.

Re: better than wolves

Post by ysu »

can I just say that using salty ocean water is not good for your crops :D
(just effing with ya)

I've checked that mod out a good while ago and found it amazing. It should be built into the base minecraft as-is.
Surprise, no sig. Now there is. Or is there?
Scottie

Post by Scottie »

I didn't realise it had been updated from 1.8! Totally going to use it when I grab a laptop!
wobblysauce
Seen it, Done it, Invented it!

Post by wobblysauce »

Nice work Neil.
Some play it safe on the merry-go-round, others go for the thrills of the roller-coaster.

ᕙ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕗ vs ლ(ಠ益ಠ)ლ

I have a joke for you. I have a prediction that you are going to walk into a bar, my prediction was wrong and your wallet is gone.
Crowella

Post by Crowella »

Might have to give it a try. Only reason I stopped though was cause my computer has kicked the bucket :(
DarrenM

Post by DarrenM »

This week I've been playing with better than wolves and http://millenaire.org/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Minecraft could be so much more if it had some decent developers.
ysu
Smooth Lubricator.

Post by ysu »

DarrenM wrote:This week I've been playing with better than wolves and http://millenaire.org/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Minecraft could be so much more if it had some decent developers.
Some more decend devs I reckon. The one there is good, but he's just one man. And he's working on other stuff, too.
They should indeed employ ppl like this chap. And give them free reign with their ideas :)
Surprise, no sig. Now there is. Or is there?
NeilPearson
Prize Winning ARSE

Post by NeilPearson »

They employed the bukkit team and they are working on it to. They are doing a lot of behind the scenes at the moment. Atm in 1.2.5 smp and single player are two separate games so to speak. They had to code twice for each feature. What they are doing is mmaking single player play like smp. So it's all one and tthen mods will then work on smp a lot easier.

Should be interesting to see what happens when 1.3 comes out. All single player mods will break.
DarrenM

Post by DarrenM »

NeilPearson wrote:So it's all one and tthen mods will then work on smp a lot easier.
And SSP now has SMP style lag issues. Chunks not loading, mobs warping etc. I really hope they can fix that.

Those detector blocks are much harder to make than last time I played. It just used lapis before instead of the redstone eye's.
NeilPearson
Prize Winning ARSE

Post by NeilPearson »

I'm sure they will. It's probably why 1.3 is taking so long.
Bauer

Post by Bauer »

I fucking love windmills :D
--------------
Stu
Scottie

Post by Scottie »

*nevermind, mod loaded now :P

looks prety cool if the Yogscast review is anything to go by!
Scottie

Post by Scottie »

I CARE FOR COAL AGAIN!!!
Scottie

Post by Scottie »

nevermind, can use charcoal for carbon dust as well...