Arsecraft Server updates

No witty remarks yet.
AstrO
Help Desk Expert

Re: Arsecraft Server updates

Post by AstrO »

NeilPearson wrote:woah. know what happend there shonky?
Problems?
Shonky

Post by Shonky »

I think your box rebooted itself last night Astro, or something like that, couldn't connect to the server in any way for a few minutes, and then when we could again mcmyadmin was reporting the uptime at a few minutes.
AstrO
Help Desk Expert

Post by AstrO »

Ah yeah, sorry about that. The display wasn't working so I had to reboot the system. Although I did stop the server using mcmyadmin before I hit reset. ;)
NeilPearson
Prize Winning ARSE

Post by NeilPearson »

I was expw experiencing some massive lag 2-3 hours ago. I had to log off it was unplayable :(

Sent from my GT-I9300T using Tapatalk 2
AstrO
Help Desk Expert

Post by AstrO »

NeilPearson wrote:I was expw experiencing some massive lag 2-3 hours ago. I had to log off it was unplayable :(

It looks like the minecraft server displaying a bunch of errors in the console. Not sure what the cause is.
Also, the connected player count isn't showing correctly in McMyAdmin???
DarrenM

Post by DarrenM »

I made a cannon this morning and when I was playing around with it there was massive lag. Only had lag when it was placed in the world. I wonder if any of the other items could do that as well.

Did some googling and most places suggest allocating more memory (client and/or server), which you can do in the launcher options.
AstrO
Help Desk Expert

Post by AstrO »

The Minecraft server already has 2GB of memory dedicated to it, so that shouldn't be a problem (it's running on Widnows 7 x64). RAM usage is currently sitting on ~316MB. Below is the error that is popping up in the console, for those of you who are interested...

Code: Select all

[WARNING] Error loading Railcraft Save Data: Not in GZIP format
Shonky

Post by Shonky »

I had this after the stoppage last night, need to stop the server and delete the railcraft.dat file in the map directory, I'm unsure why this happens, it appears to occur whenever the server doesn't shut down gracefully.
AstrO
Help Desk Expert

Post by AstrO »

SHoNKY wrote:I had this after the stoppage last night, need to stop the server and delete the railcraft.dat file in the map directory, I'm unsure why this happens, it appears to occur whenever the server doesn't shut down gracefully.
But I shutdown the server before I restarted today??? (using the stop server option from the status screen)
DarrenM

Post by DarrenM »

Apparently it can also be caused by World Anchors which are part of the rail craft mod. Anyone using those?

http://forums.technicpack.net/threads/t ... mat.10458/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Shonky

Post by Shonky »

Sounds like a likely work around Darren, will try and track down some more detail on disabling world anchors and give it a shot.
NeilPearson
Prize Winning ARSE

Post by NeilPearson »

Darren, you are right, the hand saw rocks!

Shonky

Post by Shonky »

I gotta make myself one of those hacksaws! Oh by the way, the jet pack is a handy thing to too. :D
Crowella

Post by Crowella »

Handsaw? Jetpack? What is this? :D Neil, that looks great.

Quite enjoying the variety of terrain on this map. I swear this update has been rather smooth too, very little bugs as far as i know. :) Only issue I'm having is the Tekkit wiki is a little lacking as far as crafting and items go...
Shonky

Post by Shonky »

Crow, better to look at the mod specific wiki I've found when the tekkit one is lacking.

Sent via Tapatalk
DarrenM

Post by DarrenM »

I went a bit crazy with the saw. The lights are nice as well. The wind generator is pretty useless though, even though it's at over 100 height.

Shonky

Post by Shonky »

I say bolloks to your useless wind generator, you just need to think bigger!

NeilPearson
Prize Winning ARSE

Post by NeilPearson »

lol niiiice!

With those rubber trees, do yhou have to replant them to be able to tap them again? or does it come back?
Shonky

Post by Shonky »

The sticky resin grows back after about 1.5 game days.

Sent via Tapatalk
NeilPearson
Prize Winning ARSE

Post by NeilPearson »

Cheers!

I went the solar route, one LV solar array!

Shonky

Post by Shonky »

Nice, I've been meaning to try out some solar power. Here's a tip, insulated copper will only travel 4 or 5 blocks before losing 1 EU/t per block thereafter, on the other hand ultra low current cable made from tin will allow 40 blocks of travel before losing 1EU/t per block thereafter.
NeilPearson
Prize Winning ARSE

Post by NeilPearson »

i had it setup as a tin cable, and it blew up when i connected the LV solar array. two solar panels and it was fine...

side note, how shit is it, if you destroy anything thats made with a machine block, how it returns back to a machine block and you lose all your resources.
norbs
fucking right wing vegan lesbian

Post by norbs »

It is like you are all talking a different language!
Sarc ; my second favourite type of gasm.
Shonky

Post by Shonky »

Research is the key mate, I broke a bunch of stuff and thought it sucked too, but if you use a bronze wrench on the IC2 bits you can remove them without breaking them down.

On the solar array, you may need to move up to MV (medium voltage) cables, there are 3 tiers of electricity in IC2, low voltage (LV), medium voltage (MV) and high voltage (HV), different devices have different voltage requirements, and you may need to step up or down depending on the requirements. If you find cables are burning up, you have either gone over their max voltage or current.

Also be careful with MV and HV when connecting to devices, put too much voltage into them and they can explode, and of course like in real life, if you don't have enough insulation on a HV cable I think you can be electrocuted. :D
NeilPearson
Prize Winning ARSE

Post by NeilPearson »

Yeah I had an insulated copper wire in my setup and if I walked within 2 blocks of it I got zapped. No health damage thankfully. Haha.

Bronze wrench okay I'll look into it.

I wasn't to keen on tekkit when i first loaded it but now I'm having heaps of fun with it.