Arseville v2.0

No witty remarks yet.
Shonky

Re: Arseville v2.0

Post by Shonky »

The memory thing is pretty common Petey, it just keeps going up until it hits the limit and stays there, the mc server is designed to keep chunks in memory and only dump loaded chunks when it needs to.
Bauer

Post by Bauer »

yes there were my wolves :D

They were sitting just up from my gate after a long trek to find them. Logged in last night and there was a train station next to a behemoth of a bridge which was right where they were. I assumed someone slit thier throats to not let them impede the progress of society.

They were gone before the server issue too.
--------------
Stu
petey

Post by petey »

Yeah they were sitting just outside the station between it and the tree. I'm just as at a loss as to where they've gone.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2
If you can leave two black stripes from the exit of one corner to the braking zone of the next, you finally have enough horsepower.
Rots
DiscoStu
DiscoStu

Post by Rots »

There has been one sitting next to my place for ages, no idea who it is. I keep trying to feed it but the bugger refuses... :)

Must of died from starvation? :D
petey

Post by petey »

Still heard nothing about the server time issue, I have changed the scheduled restarts so it should now be 3am real time.
If you can leave two black stripes from the exit of one corner to the braking zone of the next, you finally have enough horsepower.
petey

Post by petey »

I believe Marsh was having issues with fireworks? Well
Bug fixes:
Fixed crash related to arrows fired from dispensers
Fixed a multiplayer crash when using fireworks without a fireworks star
Fixed long timeout when checking SRV records
Server is updated.
Lochie0911

Post by Lochie0911 »

Is the server down? O_o
petey

Post by petey »

Ah I don't believe so. Crow is on at the moment.

EDIT: Okay we are having some issues here. Ran the update again, hopefully it's fixed. For the moment it appears to be ok.

I also got a bit worried when my textures went funny, need to run mcpatcher again for HD textures is all.

But alas I think for some reason the server had a spaz when it first tried to update, it seems to be running sweet now.
Lochie0911

Post by Lochie0911 »

Awesome
Lochie0911

Post by Lochie0911 »

I'm having trouble connecting.
petey

Post by petey »

I think it's the minecraft servers being a bit funny at the moment to be honest, took me 3 tries just to login to minecraft at all.

That is to say, I am having trouble also but our server is up and not showing any issues.
Last edited by petey on Thu Jan 10, 2013 12:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Shonky

Post by Shonky »

http://help.mojang.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
petey

Post by petey »

Touche there shonky, any reason why minecraft would be saying our server is unreachable then ? Is that part of the minecraft logins service? I would assume so.
petey

Post by petey »

Well the server wasn't responding in web console, had no real choice but to restart it. No error I can see anywhere so it beats me. Hopefully it did save :shrug:

In any case, still don't appear to be able to connect to it. I am quite busy working at the moment so I can't spend too much time on it.

Marsh is on at the moment and it is working okay. This host is month by month, we have paid for a month, if this sort of thing keeps up we will just head elsewhere, no real biggy.

It may be in relation to the issue mojang was having.

However at the time of writing their website is not working. http://downforeveryoneorjustme.com/womb ... rs.com.au/
DarrenM

Post by DarrenM »

Down again :(

Their website is up and I can ping the server ip address, but can't get to the server.
petey

Post by petey »

There is a crash report. Fark me, 1.4.7 is hardly an update surely it can't have fucked it.

EDIT: Well
[SEVERE] Encountered an unexpected exception OutOfMemoryError
That is a fairly clear issue. Maybe they are over selling their servers?
---- Minecraft Crash Report ----
// You're mean.

Time: 10/01/13 11:17 PM
Description: Exception in server tick loop

java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: unable to create new native thread
at java.lang.Thread.start0(Native Method)
at java.lang.Thread.start(Unknown Source)
at cg.d(SourceFile:370)
at it.a(SourceFile:205)
at do.a(SourceFile:23)
at cg.b(SourceFile:349)
at it.c(SourceFile:61)
at hu.a(SourceFile:49)
at ht.b(SourceFile:29)
at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.r(SourceFile:762)
at ho.r(SourceFile:248)
at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.q(SourceFile:679)
at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(SourceFile:613)
at fy.run(SourceFile:849)

A detailed walkthrough of the error, its code path and all known details is as follows:
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

-- System Details --
Details:
Minecraft Version: 1.4.7
Operating System: Linux (amd64) version 2.6.32-279.el6.x86_64
Java Version: 1.7.0_05, Oracle Corporation
Java VM Version: Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM (mixed mode), Oracle Corporation
Memory: 928416400 bytes (885 MB) / 1064108032 bytes (1014 MB) up to 1064108032 bytes (1014 MB)
JVM Flags: 19 total; -Xmx1024M -Xms1024M -XX:ParallelGCThreads=2 -Xincgc -XX:+UseConcMarkSweepGC -XX:+UseParNewGC -XX:+CMSIncrementalPacing -XX:+AggressiveOpts -XX:+CMSParallelRemarkEnabled -XX:+DisableExplicitGC -XX:MaxGCPauseMillis=500 -XX:SurvivorRatio=16 -XX:TargetSurvivorRatio=90 -XX:+UseAdaptiveGCBoundary -XX:-UseGCOverheadLimit -Xnoclassgc -XX:UseSSE=3 -XX:PermSize=128m -XX:LargePageSizeInBytes=4m
AABB Pool Size: 10037 (562072 bytes; 0 MB) allocated, 9443 (528808 bytes; 0 MB) used
Suspicious classes: No suspicious classes found.
IntCache: cache: 0, tcache: 0, allocated: 1, tallocated: 63
Profiler Position: N/A (disabled)
Vec3 Pool Size: 9110 (510160 bytes; 0 MB) allocated, 7259 (406504 bytes; 0 MB) used
Player Count: 2 / 15; [iq['Marshious'/11145, l='NewWorld', x=-255.30, y=8.00, z=116.42], iq['Crowella'/29298, l='NewWorld', x=-343.03, y=66.00, z=372.72]]
Is Modded: Unknown (can't tell)
Type: Dedicated Server (map_server.txt)
petey

Post by petey »

Ok, I have put it back up, I am thinking maybe if we all culled off some of the insane number of animals in pens, as maybe this is lagging up the server?

Either they don't have the 1gb that they are allowing us, or the server is just not handling having so many things happening in the world - even when we aren't on it.

I have put it back up, we will just have to see how we go. We may have lost some progress in this last crash - I am not sure.

EDIT: I got a very quick response saying they sorted out the issue half an hour ago. No mention of what the issue was. So we will see how we go.
NeilPearson
Prize Winning ARSE

Post by NeilPearson »

I guess this is why stipe was $50 and this is $32

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2
AstrO
Help Desk Expert

Post by AstrO »

I'm planning to upgrade my router in the next few days, so feel free to thrash my connection again if you need too. ;)
petey

Post by petey »

Yeah, well the guy wasn't wrong, it has been fine since. Let's just hope it's not a regular occurrence. If it turns out they are useless, we can jump back with astro after a router upgrade and maybe she'll all be apples. Time will tell :)
AstrO
Help Desk Expert

Post by AstrO »

Just a heads up: http://www.lifehacker.com.au/2013/01/pl ... r-hosting/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Shonky

Post by Shonky »

I noticed Stipe has come down in price a lot too, you used to pay by the slot there on top of how much ram you required.
petey

Post by petey »

Hi Peter,

As you probably are aware, we began migrating customers voluntarily to our new Minecraft hosting network in the beginning of December.

Starting on Tuesday 22nd January, Wombat Servers will begin migrating ALL customers to the new network.

Migrations will be spread over a 2 week period, and your server will have NO downtime during the migration. All files, settings and plugins will be transferred.

An IP change may be required - however, a conversion table to work out your new IP ahead of time will be provided closer to the transfer period. We would definitely advise letting your community and players know the new IP prior to your migration.

The migration will bring superior performance, reliability and network speeds - and of course, a superior quality of gameplay.

Should you have any questions, feel free to contact our Support team.

Regards,

Michael Jones
Systems Administrator - Wombat Australia
I must say if not for the dodgey day we've had. I have no issue's with these guys.

Although if you believe we'd be better somewhere else it's by the month here and I paid for the first month.

So if you wanted to move there is $20 from haze ready to go towards next month - be it wherever we are.
Shonky

Post by Shonky »

Seems all good so far petey, give them the 1st month to evaluate and then we make a decision from there.
petey

Post by petey »

Just for the record I am off to Tassie for a week. I will periodically check in on the server when I can and if anyone needs me a PM through ARSE will come up on my phone (wonder of tapatalk).