Castle de Arse

No witty remarks yet.
NeilPearson
Prize Winning ARSE

Castle de Arse

Post by NeilPearson »

Who is up for a Massive Group Project?

Found a pretty damn neat castle. It is HUGE.

Few images here:
https://dl.dropbox.com/u/82501565/MineCraft/Castle1.jpg" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
https://dl.dropbox.com/u/82501565/MineCraft/Castle2.jpg" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Login/register to this site, Here to see more pictures plus you can grab a schematic which combined with a program called schematic2blueprint gives a layer by layer.. blueprint.

So are you guys keen to have a go at this? Its a huge project 325x320x127 dimensions. its a monumental task, basicly there is going to be alot of materials needed. over 23,000 Dirt alone. i really dont want to mention the smooth stone needed...

Darren and I are looking at getting a mine started with a Beacon surrounding it. , which will speed up mining with the haste benefits.

let us know if you are keen!

Building Zone:

petey

Re: Castle Le Arse

Post by petey »

I suppose the silk touch enchantment I have at my house may come in handy for you lads here. Feel free to take it if you please. Will save a step in getting stone. :yes:
If you can leave two black stripes from the exit of one corner to the braking zone of the next, you finally have enough horsepower.
DarrenM

Re: Castle de Arse

Post by DarrenM »

Looks good. Front of the castle facing towards spawn I assume?

What do you think about leaving everything that's green grass on the bottom layer as water? It would save having to fill in the big rectangle and the finished result might look a bit more natural.
NeilPearson
Prize Winning ARSE

Post by NeilPearson »

Thats right darren, so in the Schematic2Bluprint program just click the left Rotation button once.

Also:

since we cant get bedrock, Cobblestone will replace that, and I think stone bricks should replace cobblestone in the build.
Last edited by NeilPearson on Mon Jan 14, 2013 4:28 pm, edited 2 times in total.
DarrenM

Post by DarrenM »

I don't think it would look right if you replaced all cobblestone with stone bricks if that's what you meant. It uses stone bricks to give detail trim around the windows and on the towers which breaks up the large surfaces. Maybe it would work if you replaced the cobble with smooth stone?

mcedit might let you replace the blocks and get a feel for what it looks like in the 3d preview.

I just noticed the roof is grey wool. That's going to be a bitch to collect :)
NeilPearson
Prize Winning ARSE

Post by NeilPearson »

Are you sure your not getting confused with stone slabs darren? I just had a fly through and i cant see any stone bricks?
DarrenM

Post by DarrenM »

Oh, lol. I was going off the screenshots. What I thought was cobble was smooth stone and what I thought was stone brick is cobble in some places and stone slabs in others :)
DarrenM

Post by DarrenM »

Did the full outline but it's not matching up. It's out by 1 block somewhere but I've triple checked and I can't find it :(

I've made all the bricks we need.
NeilPearson
Prize Winning ARSE

Post by NeilPearson »

i saw the sign, i guess we just join it up and continue on!
DarrenM

Post by DarrenM »

We should try to get it right as it outlines the base shape for the main building.
DarrenM

Post by DarrenM »

All fixed now :)
NeilPearson
Prize Winning ARSE

Post by NeilPearson »

Legend Darren! Did it take long?

I was on for a bit last night just filling in cobble. My stats say I have laid over 9000 cobble. :D

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2
DarrenM

Post by DarrenM »

Bedrock section is finished. Now we can start on the more fun bits :)

I'm doing the brick wall section atm, but we need to figure out how we're doing the raised dirt areas around the sides. I guess just do the outer edge on each level so that it forms a hollow shell? And do a 2 wide strip for each level so we can put some grass blocks in and let it spread out before doing the next level.

Might also be time to make a big grass area somewhere on site so we can farm the wool while building.
NeilPearson
Prize Winning ARSE

Post by NeilPearson »

dear lord darren do you do anything else? rofl

not sure about the grass, my thoughts are fill it in full, so no mobs can spawn
NeilPearson
Prize Winning ARSE

Post by NeilPearson »

darren, was thinking rather than having the glass for windows setback one block like its done in the instructions, just use glass planes in the window space? get more resources and looks a bit better.
DarrenM

Post by DarrenM »

Yeah, we can try that. Looks like some of the buildings don't have a floor so we'll have to put something in there as well.
NeilPearson
Prize Winning ARSE

Post by NeilPearson »

yeah, i think its only half finihsed, the interiors look poor. so we can just create our own as we go. doesnt have to be 100% accurate.
wobblysauce
Seen it, Done it, Invented it!

Post by wobblysauce »

1 up De Castle with Kings Landing.
Some play it safe on the merry-go-round, others go for the thrills of the roller-coaster.

ᕙ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕗ vs ლ(ಠ益ಠ)ლ

I have a joke for you. I have a prediction that you are going to walk into a bar, my prediction was wrong and your wallet is gone.
ysu
Smooth Lubricator.

Post by ysu »

I'd suggest some of these aren't hand-built, but modelled in some program & imported. Can't be sure of course.
Surprise, no sig. Now there is. Or is there?
DarrenM

Post by DarrenM »

From the post on reddit
Full album with more renders here : " onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Our server info can be found at http://www.westeroscraft.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

It took me and about 100 other builders a little over 4 months to build the whole thing. We estimate theres around 3000 unique buildings, all hand made and all fully decorated on the interior.

Any questions, just ask!
EDIT: Annnnnnnnnd you guys broke the server! Please be patient we're working on keeping it up :)
EDIT 2: Thanks for your patience! Theres still some problems with our website and server. If you can't get in, PLEASE save this comment or bookmark our website, so you can visit later! I'm trying to answer as many questions as possible. Thanks everyone for your support!
EDIT 3: Wanted to answer some frequent questions 1) No, the map isn't available for download right now. Its almost 35 gigs. 2) The map is custom made using WorldPainter. We have all custom trees. 3) We will have map files for individual cities/castles in the future. 4) Yes, we will do Essos one day. We are waiting for Mod API so we can start phase 2 of our server; making a giant, open world RPG with quests and NPCS
EDIT 4: yes I know we can torrent the map file but it wont happen until the map is fully completed. not gunna bother to put up a half finished map. stay tuned tho for future updates!
Edit 5: We organize builds through our forums. A person can apply for a city/castle/town, and follow guidelines to make an application. The mods approve it. The builds plans are layed out using wool blocks, and builders/teams tackle it building by building. Lots of teamwork and cooperation.
ysu
Smooth Lubricator.

Post by ysu »

ok these guys are officially crazy. but in a good way.
Surprise, no sig. Now there is. Or is there?
wobblysauce
Seen it, Done it, Invented it!

Post by wobblysauce »

That they are.
Some play it safe on the merry-go-round, others go for the thrills of the roller-coaster.

ᕙ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕗ vs ლ(ಠ益ಠ)ლ

I have a joke for you. I have a prediction that you are going to walk into a bar, my prediction was wrong and your wallet is gone.
NeilPearson
Prize Winning ARSE

Post by NeilPearson »

As awesome and impressive as that is, i personally think ours is better simply because we are producing our own material. We are not in creative mode.
petey

Post by petey »

It would be even more impressive if you weren't following a blueprint. But I am still looking forward to it :)

Creative mode is very much as the title says, only as impressive as any sort of painting. Grinding for resources is far more rewarding.

If you can leave two black stripes from the exit of one corner to the braking zone of the next, you finally have enough horsepower.
NeilPearson
Prize Winning ARSE

Post by NeilPearson »

petey wrote:It would be even more impressive if you weren't following a blueprint. But I am still looking forward to it :)

Creative mode is very much as the title says, only as impressive as any sort of painting. Grinding for resources is far more rewarding.

heh thats true :)

i remember on the first map we had, i made a castle wall. i dug a mine so deep. was awesome.