New Vanilla Tekkit Now Running

No witty remarks yet.
Shonky

New Vanilla Tekkit Now Running

Post by Shonky »

Same address as usual folks, don't forget to change the launcher back to Tekkit before launching. :yes:
Bauer

Re: New Vanilla Tekkit Now Running

Post by Bauer »

thanks mate. appreciate the efforts :up:
--------------
Stu
Shonky

Post by Shonky »

Just come across this little tid bit by one of the Tekkit devs in reply to all the bitching about IC2 and Redpower no longer being in the pack, so it looks like we made the right decision to move to the new version going forward anyway.

Let me be 100% clear here: IC2 is not going back in after it comes out. Period. We didn't pull it because we wanted to release quickly, we pulled it because we're done with it. To a certain extent, the same is true of RP2, although we'd probably still be running RP2 if Eloraam was developing timely releases. She doesn't though, and now we're done with RP2. It's not going back in.

Obviously, energy storage exists in the form of redstone energy cells. There are also a lot of great ways of producing power in mass: the two current favorites are nether-magmatics and MFR biofuel. I've been tempting the gods by using combustion engines at their full 10 MJ/t. I understand that people aren't happy with the generator selection right now, and we're taking a lot at some good BC-compatible mods that add generators for future releases, but this idea kicking around that IC2 is the only industrial mod worth using, or is even a particularly good industrial mod is insane. It's an archaic jalopy that a week from Monday will have gone 6 months without a single public release. Even GregT of GregTech is looking at changing power systems because it's pretty apparent at this point that IC2 is dead. We're not going to include it and very shortly no one else will either.
NeilPearson
Prize Winning ARSE

Post by NeilPearson »

That's good to know! Now no map changes..... :)

Sent from my GT-i9100 using Tapatalk 2
DarrenM

Post by DarrenM »

If you go to the moon, take an extra fuel loader and charged energy cell with you. All the galacticraft videos I saw showed you being able to just put a fuel cannister in the ship to fly back but it looks like you can't fuel the ship that way any more.

I also found you can pick up deep storage units without losing the contents, which is handy if you need to move things around.

Last map I put everything into energetics storage but that ended up wasting a lot of space on the storage cards. This time I'm putting all the bulk stuff in deep storage units connected via the ME storage bus, then keeping all the random shit I only have 1 or 2 of in chests. I've only needed three 4k storage cards so far.
Shonky

Post by Shonky »

Hey Darren, what do you make of this option, I found it in the Galacticraft config, do you think this will sort out the launch problem when wanting to leave the moon?

Code: Select all

# Set to true if you do not want to use the new Moon Lander feature, and land on the moon with a parachute instead.
    B:"Disable Lander"=false
DarrenM

Post by DarrenM »

Nah, the lander worked fine and it's much cooler than the parachute :)

I think they just changed the way the ship fueling worked because there was a post on their forum where someone had the same problem.

Either that or it's because when I made it I put a fuel canister in one of the crafting slots. There are 3 slots for extra stuff and it it doesn't tell you what they do apart from when you put a chest in one, which gives the spaceship 27 storage slots.

So who is going to build a space station in orbit? If you launch with these materials you can build one but no idea what you end up with. 16 tin, 8 copper, 1 redstone reception coil, 24 invar = ARSE MIR
DarrenM

Post by DarrenM »

Is the server being updated?

I'm getting forge errors about item mismatches with items from mod backpack missing. I couldn't find any posts with the exact same problem, but it seems the issue is due to bad mod config files or the tekkit install and not a map issue thankfully.
Shonky

Post by Shonky »

I haven't touched the server Darren, it's still 1.0.5 as far as i know, I was going to update it to 1.0.6 yesterday but ran out of time. It's the missus birthday today so I may not get a chance to look at it tonight either.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2
NeilPearson
Prize Winning ARSE

Post by NeilPearson »

I updated it but I didn't have a chance to join to test. I had to run and deal with some stuff.. My apologies. Once I get home I'll look into it some more.

Sent from my GT-i9100 using Tapatalk 2
DarrenM

Post by DarrenM »

No probs. Got Game of Thrones to watch tonight anyway :)
Shonky

Post by Shonky »

I got a little bit of time up my sleeve so I'm taking a look at it now, server going down.
Shonky

Post by Shonky »

Alright, server is back up and running on 1.0.6, only seeing a [FINE] world leak error in the forgemodloader log so hopefully it won't give us any trouble.
DarrenM

Post by DarrenM »

Here's a smarter version of the turtle mining program. If one of you guys could stick it on the server that would be great. I changed the name because it works a little bit differently.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/63816631/dig" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

parameters are the same as before but fuel goes in the 1st slot, optional torches in the second slot, optional cobble in the third slot.

It'll now return to the start position if it runs out of fuel and it'll continue when you put some in. It'll sit and wait/retry if the chest it tries to empty into is full, and if it isn't doing lava clearing or placing torches it'll empty those slots when returning to the chest to make it a little bit more efficient.
Shonky

Post by Shonky »

Excellent, I'll see what I can do about getting it on there when I get home from work.

While on the subject of computer craft, do you know what the issue is with the door program, is there something on the server we can do to fix it?

DarrenM

Post by DarrenM »

It's due to a bug in that version of openccsensors. We could update manually I guess, or wait and see if the next version of tekkit updates it

Here's the latest version. It goes in the mods directory. 0.1.5e is the buggy one.
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/429 ... 0.1.5h.jar" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

The newer version also adds a proximity block which should make it easier to do doors. Hopefully we can still hide it underground.

EDIT: I can't see any way to control the radius, so I think it wouldn't be much use at the moment.

[youtube] [/youtube]
DarrenM

Post by DarrenM »

Oh, a manual update of the mod might mean we'd also have to manually update our clients. Probably not a good idea then.
Shonky

Post by Shonky »

Oh bugger, forgot about the clients, that makes things a bit harder to manage.

DarrenM

Post by DarrenM »

The sensor might work if we put the world coordinates instead of the x,y,z offset. I'll have to experiment.

Just tried it and it works :yes:
Shonky

Post by Shonky »

Excellent, my brain works better with world coords anyway, usually takes me about 10 tries to get the offset right. :rofl:
Shonky

Post by Shonky »

Dig is a winner Darren, well done. :yes:
Shonky

Post by Shonky »

WARNING: DON'T USE ENDER CHESTS!!! Darren's automated system will gobble up any items you place in them. :rofl:
DarrenM

Post by DarrenM »

I killed it. Used a wrench on a buildcraft block by mistake. I'm also going to need someone to give me 9 launchpad blocks because I didn't get any when I went to my space station this time. Think I'll give up on that mod until it's matured a bit :)
Bauer

Post by Bauer »

yes you did :D
--------------
Stu
Shonky

Post by Shonky »

Server has been restarted.