Anyone still playing? Any ideas for mods?

No witty remarks yet.
Shonky

Anyone still playing? Any ideas for mods?

Post by Shonky »

Hey guys, anyone still playing Tekkit? I've been going back over games I missed over the last 12 months and have run out of games to play and have little urge to play Tekkit, got any ideas, or different mods we'd like to play?
Bauer

Re: Anyone still playing? Any ideas for mods?

Post by Bauer »

Im losing the urge and I have not seen anyone else online for ages.

Vanilla gets too old too quick. We went back to it prior to Tekkit lite in the hope more would join as vanilla is easy. Adding horses wouldnt hold mt for too long either.

Hexxit is an option. adds more adventuring type mods and I guess puts emphasis on looking around for shit rather than digging for it.

How are we going with the server? Is it time to pack in the paid server again?

As another option, but we lose total control, is the internode server that has the 3 hr death ban stuff. http://aushcsmp.com/home/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
That would be fun, especially if we committed to looking after each other, build our own little "cult" etc. Map updates to 1.6 on Wednesday. I might give it a go :)
--------------
Stu
NeilPearson
Prize Winning ARSE

Post by NeilPearson »

We are paid up until the 20th of August.
Shonky

Post by Shonky »

I'm open to give anything a crack, I like 3hr death ban thing you mentioned Bauer but I don't have too much time to commit to something like that just now, anything we'd like to do while we have the server? I had a quick look at Hexxit, its definitely a departure from Tekkit, not sure if it's any good as I only gave it about 10 minutes of looking round.
Bauer

Post by Bauer »

definitely wait for input from Darren. He was building an epic town and he make not have lost interest, maybe just busy. Im more than happy to leave as is. My interest has wained due to not seeing anyone else.
--------------
Stu
Shonky

Post by Shonky »

For sure, I wasn't planning on doing anything until we heard from Darren, there's no hurry on this at all, just throwing it out there so to speak.
DarrenM

Post by DarrenM »

I played Mafia II last week for a change and played a little hexxit to check it out. If I could get a copy of the map so I can work on it when the interest takes me I'm happy to try something else on the server.

Hexxit has been pretty fun and there's still heaps in it I haven't explored. It's a big change from tekkit not having automated mining or mass storage options. You don't need to do much mining though. It's all based on exploration and dungeon raiding. You just need somewhere to store all your loot :)

Some of the dungeons have been quite hard and could really do with multiple players to clear them out. No uber armour to make you invincible and plenty of mobs have spell effects or can cast spells that fuck you up :)

I've found that it's chewing up heaps of ram sometime, and performance can be a bit slow in some areas. Most servers appear to be pre-generating a big map because all the extra world features give a big hit on the server when generating new chunks. Probably wouldn't be an issue with just the 4 of us though.
Shonky

Post by Shonky »

Hexxit sounds interesting Darren, maybe we give it a crack, I'll make a zip of the world directory and send you the ftp details so you can grab it at your leisure.

What do you reckon Neil & Bauer?

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2
Bauer

Post by Bauer »

Im easy :)
--------------
Stu
NeilPearson
Prize Winning ARSE

Post by NeilPearson »

We know Bauer.

Im trying to wean myself away from my pc. I been spending way to much time on it lately. Thats why I havent been around.

Im good to swap. We could go back to tekkit (with our current map) later if we get bored with hexxit. Also might be an option to delete the armor mod. Make us able to die and the need for transport infrastructure.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk 4 Beta
Bauer

Post by Bauer »

I think the armour mod makes us "spawn and disperse". Would be good to go back to something that has that community feel. :up:
--------------
Stu
Crowella

Post by Crowella »

Yeah, I wouldn't mind having a death ban like the internode server. That would be pretty cool.

As far as mods go, I'm not really sure. I never got into too much detail with the last mods we've had on there.
DarrenM

Post by DarrenM »

I think building closer together like on the last vanilla map, or in one large base/secured village would be better for hexxit.
Shonky

Post by Shonky »

What's the armour mod you guys mention, is that in Hexxit, as I mentioned, I've spent about 10 minutes looking at Hexxit so excuse my ignorance?
DarrenM

Post by DarrenM »

That was about the modular powersuit armour in tekkit.

I don't think there's anything we need to disable in hexxit to start off with.
Bauer

Post by Bauer »

Bauer wrote: As another option, but we lose total control, is the internode server that has the 3 hr death ban stuff. http://aushcsmp.com/home/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
That would be fun, especially if we committed to looking after each other, build our own little "cult" etc. Map updates to 1.6 on Wednesday. I might give it a go :)
I gave this a go last night. Death ban and PVP certainly put a different spin on vanilla MC.

I left the safety of spawn and headed for the hills. Apparently its a 5000x5000 map and there were definite factions on the server. Groups who were friendly to each other and would seek to kill others. Made it somewhat tense. One bloke got the perm server ban for using xray. The admin suspected so followed him. Saw him dig straight down to 2 hidden chests. Boom!! gone, bye bye. I liked that :D

If you feel like giving it a go, Im hiding at + 2366 + 663 and have plenty of food and have dug down to bedrock. All you need to do is dig the dirt out of the doorway to get in (no doors or glass here)

Server play.aushcsmp.com
--------------
Stu
Shonky

Post by Shonky »

Sounds interesting Bauer, might give it a crack when I get some time, initially I'll aim just to get to where you are at. :)
Shonky

Post by Shonky »

Fuck, just got killed by someone who was invisible, time to move house fellas, and with that I probably won't bother again.
Rots
DiscoStu
DiscoStu

Post by Rots »

Yeah I saw that. He was bragging about it and thank god he did or I wouldn't have known he was near, I grabbed some stuff quickly and logged off.

Bugger :(

Still heaps left in the chest though... probably won't be now.
Shonky

Post by Shonky »

Maybe its bad luck, but it's bloody suspect when we can be found in an hour and killed, good way to make players not hang around I reckon.
Rots
DiscoStu
DiscoStu

Post by Rots »

Very sus, shouldn't able to find someone that easily. Unless by bad luck our bases were close to the knob.
Bauer

Post by Bauer »

from the twitter feed:

Doc_Krieger has a diamond sword and a taste for blood. shonky2400 found that out the hard way. 03:42:38 EST

A name to be wary of :D
--------------
Stu
Rots
DiscoStu
DiscoStu

Post by Rots »

So now what? grab anything else left and move further away?

Just realised I didn't get food from the chest, doh!
Bauer

Post by Bauer »

just a thought

a google of the server address led me to this post. good chance any in game troll might have found us based on my post :D

So yeah, we start again rots. find a spot and PM me where you are. Anyone that wants to join us, yell out for a PM
--------------
Stu
Bauer

Post by Bauer »

I was back on the server and got a heap of stuff from the chest and then moved

The bloke who got Shonky was still talking about his glory :D (well maybe he wasnt, but he did mention the usefulness and priority of making potions)

My plan from here will be to build a home close to bedrock with a well hidden entry, make life sustainable down there and then look to build upon the safe life I have created

or I could get killed next time I log on :D
--------------
Stu